23. Nope
24. Nope
25. Step Brothers (2008) - One Pointer

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

. . . . . . . . . .Goodfellas

. . . . . . . . . . . . .and

The One Already Guessed By Others

Just gonna say this hint's got a lot in it, and that I will be deeply impressed if any of you gets one of the clues buried in this one, even though there's probably enough there to get the right answer without it. It's kind of a bonus.

Tomorrow's hint:

Stay close to your loved ones
Dispose of the jeering
Leave the fair weather friends
Who won't give you a fair hearing

With their glowing red eyes
And their envious green
With their blanched machinations
Hiding, unseen

Walk no road alone
Bring them along for the ride
For you'll always be home
With your family beside

The Wizard of Oz and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King?

I'm getting 2001: A Space Odyssey vibes from that middle verse.
I initially thought of that too, thought none of the rest of the lines fit with Kubrick and the HAL-9000's unblinking "eye". But the red eye of Sauron....perhaps.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Man, we're very far from the hints for the first 2 or 3 films

A system of cells interlinked
Tomorrow's hint:

Stay close to your loved ones
Dispose of the jeering
Leave the fair weather friends
Who won't give you a fair hearing

With their glowing red eyes
And their envious green
With their blanched machinations
Hiding, unseen

Walk no road alone
Bring them along for the ride
For you'll always be home
With your family beside
The Wizard of Oz seems almost too obvious here, but I will go with it for my first film.

The other one seems to be 12 Angry Men. Red eyes for anger and hiding unseen could be the jury being sequestered.

I put off It's a Wonderful Life forever. I remember seeing a bit of it in Gremlins and I wanted nothing to do with a movie where someone wishes a Merry Christmas to the Savings and Loans buidling. My preferred Christmas movies talked about dead Santa stuck in a chimney. But then I realized It's a Wonderful Life had Jimmy Stewart threatening childhood piano recitals and I was in. Now I always check to see if I've still got Zuzu's petals in my pocket every Christmas. Since I never do, my belief I never really existed can happily continue for another year.

Aliens? It's fun. Violence, muscles and space teeth. Shame about the Paul Reiser. The majesty of the original would never put up with such Mad About You affiliations. It having not yet materialized in 90's sitcom purgatory is hardly any excuse. If James Cameron is so ****ing smart, he should have seen it coming.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Going Godfather Part 2 for one of them.

Ha, @rbrayer and I posted ours almost simultaneously.

Great minds...
Totally!

The hearing thing was too awkward to not be intentional in my opinion so it had to be a court film. I figured this was more likely than Anatomy of a Murder, especially since it's in Yoda's top 10 Guessing you had a similar train of thought.

A system of cells interlinked
Totally!

The hearing thing was too awkward to not be intentional in my opinion so it had to be a court film. I figured this was more likely than Anatomy of a Murder, especially since it's in Yoda's top 10 Guessing you had a similar train of thought.
I will admit that it at least crossed my mind that 12 Angry Men is one of Yoda's favorite films.

That said, both these guesses see far too obvious to be right, and instead seem like red herrings Yoda tossed out to trick us.

Unless his banter about a super tough section of the clue is actually the red herring, trying to throw people off the track re: his intentionally obvious hints he assumes we will discard as being too obvious.

I just realized I am doing exactly what he wants me to do.

Con sarnit! Jedi mind tricked again...