The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Oh, how exciting! I voted for Halloween I actually had around 3 Carpenter films on my list which surprised even me.

I have quite a few doubles on my list. Probably because I didn't set any rules for myself, like only one per director, etc.

I only doubled up one director on my list, and it probably won't surprise anyone who has been here for any length of time to hear that director is Martin Scorsese.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Tomorrow's hint:

The ink is rarer
Than the trees
The pen is mightier
But the paper frees
His Girl Friday and Citizen Kane?

I only doubled up one director on my list, and it probably won't surprise anyone who has been here for any length of time to hear that director is Martin Scorsese.
I didn't set any particular rules for myself, but just checked and only had two "doubles".

A system of cells interlinked
I probably should have doubled up on Scorsese also, but as I did with Fincher, I forced myself to choose only one Scorsese. For the record, the Scorsese picture placed quite a bit higher on my list than the Fincher film.

No double-ups from me, neither in terms of year nor director.

I had three John Ford films, which was the most from a director from me. Could have chosen from about ten and I'm already regretting not picking one of them, at least.

Definitely doubled. Two Hitch (neither yet), two Wilder (The Apartment and Sunset Boulevard), and Kurosawa (Ikiru and one more that almost certainly won’t make it)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Guessing Schindler's List and All the President's Men.
Copying Sedai. That's all I do copy other people guesses.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
speaking of doubling up/down, my list contains every Bowie movie ever made. Some, multiple times because they were that good.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

• 129 points
  • 7 lists
42. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Director

Peter Jackson, 2002

Starring

Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen

• 129 points
  • 10 lists
41. Schindler's List

Director

Steven Spielberg, 1993

Starring

Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Ralph Fiennes, Caroline Goodall

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Normies.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers placed at #23 on the MoFo Millennium List (Return of the King was #14 and Fellowship of the Ring was #1) while Schindler's List was #10 on the MoFo '90s List.