The MoFo Top Video Games List: The Countdown!

Tools    

mgs3 re4 shadow of collosus
MGS 3 made the list, it was on my list too. It was the first one on the list actually. Also had Resident Evil 4 and Shadow of the Collosus on mine, the latter at #4.
owh yeah see that. Still surprise it pretty low, i always thought they pretty popular espevially it talk console like ps2

owh yeah see that. Still surprise it pretty low, i always thought they pretty popular espevially it talk console like ps2
The first MGS nearly made the top ten. I think peoples votes were probably split between all of the games in the series which is why it wasn't that high.

The People's Republic of Clogher
There were a few RE4 votes and Silent Hill 2 placed high with someone, but yeah. I was surprised that one of them didn't make the top 50.

There were a few RE4 votes and Silent Hill 2 placed high with someone, but yeah. I was surprised that one of them didn't make the top 50.
Silent Hill 2 did haha. #32 with Civ IV.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
My list:

1st - Starcraft
2nd - Rome Total War
3rd - Civilization 3
4th - Age of Empires 2
5th - Master of Orion 2
6th - Fallout
7th - Pharaoh
8th - World of Warcraft
9th - Fallout 2
10th - Crash Bandicoot
11th - C&C Red Alert 2
12th - Zeus
13th - Warcraft 3
14th - Caesar 3
15th - Alpha Centauri
16th - Freespace 2
17th - Total Annihilation
18th - Starcraft 2
19th - Anno: 1404
20th - Fallout: New Vegas
21th - Duke Nukem 3D
22th - Civilization IV
23th - Diablo 2
24th - Metal Gear Solid
25th - Master of Orion

Lots of strategy/city building games. I am surprised that no Sim City titled showed up.
I swear my list would look like this if we had a good pc growing up. Love strategy games just haven’t played a lot of them....really to this day...still don’t have that good pc.

They recently ported/remade a number of the games on the DS/3DS, so I'm surprised your RPG friends haven't played any.
Started this on the Gameboy Colour. Well i'm only on Level 4 and just got to the first village but i'm enjoying it. I like how it gives you freedom right away, unlike Final Fantasy where you normally have to follow the story for a while before you can do anything on your own, all the getting familiar with the game crap that's annoying if it's not your first Final Fantasy. It does feel pretty alien to me so far though, like i dunno i just feel like i'm wasting my time wandering about looking for quests and secrets and stuff when i don't know how much of that is in this, obviously that will pass though.

BTW, does the personality test thing at the start actually effect anything? I was told i think i'm smarter than everyone Talked to the guy in the room next to the king and more or less said i'm ready to start a rebellion Obviously the floating personality cloud wasn't having that.

Also finished Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 again, was surprised just how much i enjoyed 1 this time. It's really easy; think i died maybe five times in total but it's so relaxing. Playing two now (American Version), i only finished this once when i was around 13, it's pretty great always thought i never liked it much. When i was a kid i found all of the secrets and puzzles very annoying but they are actually simple it's just a different way of playing Mario since the game deliberately slows you down which is why there's no time limit, like how Mario, Luigi, Princess and Toad all have their strengths too. Going for Yoshi's Island after it which i've never finished

Started this on the Gameboy Colour. Well i'm only on Level 4 and just got to the first village but i'm enjoying it. I like how it gives you freedom right away, unlike Final Fantasy where you normally have to follow the story for a while before you can do anything on your own, all the getting familiar with the game crap that's annoying if it's not your first Final Fantasy.
I think that's why I've always liked the Dragon Quest series more than FF. The start is fairly linear, but it does open up and let you explore the world map at your leisure, chasing the orbs in practically any order. The enemy levels for each area are set, but if you're bold enough that doesn't really matter haha.

BTW, does the personality test thing at the start actually effect anything? I was told i think i'm smarter than everyone
It determines the personality of the first hero character, which mildly affects the characters' stat growth. The personality of each character you create after is determined by a combination of their class and starting stats. Personalities can be changed later with items if you're concerned about having optimal stats, but it's not something you have to worry about it at all.

Anybody want to rank Mario or Zelda games?
Of the ones i've finished, only main series games not including stuff like Mario Tennis or whatever:

01. Super Mario Galaxy
02. Super Mario Bros 3
03. Super Mario World
04. Super Mario Bros
05. Super Mario 64
06. Super Marios Bros 2 (this could move up)
07. New Super Mario Bros Wii

Also played Sunshine and Yoshi's Island but haven't finished either.

Couldn't really rank Zelda well as i've only finished four and don't remember them all that well, if i had to i'd probably go:

01. A Link To The Past
02. Ocarina of Time
03. Majoras Mask
04. Twilight Princess

I haven't played much of The Minish Cap, but I plan to. I haven't played Wind Waker or Breath of the Wild at all. I also haven't played the CDI games but I have watched playthroughs of them, and they would be at the very bottom of the list.

01: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
02. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
03. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
04. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
05. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
06. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
07. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
08. The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
09. The Legend of Zelda: The Spirit Tracks
10. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
11. The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
12. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
13. The Legend of Zelda
14. Zelda II: The Adventures of Link

I haven't played any Mario games not listed below, unless there's something obvious I'm forgetting about. Half of what I'm including probably doesn't count as a "proper Mario game", but I'm going to be thorough.

01. Super Mario World
02. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
03. Super Mario Bros. 3
04. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
05. Super Mario 64
06. Super Mario Bros.
07. Paper Mario
08. Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels
09. Mario Party 2
10. Yoshi's Story
11. Mario Kart 64
12. Mario Party
13. Mario Tennis
14. Yoshi's New Island
15. Dr. Mario
16. Mario Party 3
17. Super Mario Kart
18. Mario is Missing!
19. Mario Paint

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Super Mario 3 will always reign supreme in my mind for the Mario franchise.

Next, although I've never beat the game, I really enjoy Super Mario Sunshine.

Super Mario Bros. Is pure nostalgia putting it at number 3.

Number 4, Super Mario Galaxy 2.

After that, I would have to think about it.

Forgot to share my list.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Goldeneye 64
4. Madden 13
5. Pokemon Yellow
6. Tetris DX
7. Streets of Rage II
8. Mortal Kombat
9. The Sims
10. Super Mario Bros.
11. Saturday Night Slam Masters
12. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
13. Shining Force
14. Spy Hunter
15. Super Smash Bros. Melee
16. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
17. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
18. Resident Evil 2
19. Super Mario Kart
20. Eternal Darkness
21. WCW/NWO Revenge
22. Road Rash II
23. Mutant League Hockey
24. Super Mario 64
25. Batman: Arkham Asylum

Throwin' a reference to what would've been one of my tops even tho I didn't participate

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'll use this thread's resurrection to say that I'm collecting my thoughts for my annual Game of the Year thread, which will appear literally quite soon!

MoFo did make me start playing Skyrim again though, along with around 10 other titles from the countdown, which has lessened my recent time with 2017 games. Never fear though - Like Christmas and all our impending deaths, the list is coming!

Welcome to the human race...
Looks like I missed out on the countdown as it happened so here was my list

1. Deus Ex (#17)
2. Fallout: New Vegas (#52)
3. GoldenEye 007 (#7)
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (#1)
5. Metal Gear Solid (#13)
6. Half-Life 2 (#9)
7. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (#40)

8. TimeSplitters 2 - I voted not just for GoldenEye but also three of its spiritual successors that upped the external creativity while maintaining the same fundamental mechanics. TimeSplitters might be one of my favourite videogame franchises because it mixes in so much of what I do like about games to make frantic, colourful fun.

9. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (#2)

10. Metal Slug - a nostalgia pick? Maybe, but I've played the bulk of the series (and, while I'm not certain this is the best installment, it's as good a representation as any) and it's probably the only run-and-gun game I remember with any true fondness.

11. Super Mario 64 (#23)

12. Perfect Dark - the first Goldeneye clone made up a pulpy sci-fi narrative that did make it seem like a genuine improvement when it first came out but it hasn't aged all that well. I still regard it as a milestone that also just works for me on a whole bunch of different levels.

13. Pokémon Gold/Silver - I'm glad that Red/Blue made the list, but I ultimately voted for Gold/Silver because it had a bit more going on.

14. TimeSplitters Future Perfect - still undecided as to whether or not this deserved to be higher than TS2 since it makes improvements (albeit limited ones), but delivering a story mode that plays like the best Vin Diesel movie never made is worth some consideration.

15. Half-Life (#34)
16. Tetris (#4)

17. Super Smash Bros. - another series pick (though I know it's been improved upon in its sequels, this is actually the most recent one I've played) so it's just as well that Melee made the list.

18. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - if I'd finished Snake Eater or played any of the subsequent MGS games, then I might have voted for them instead but it was not to be so here we are.

19. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (#8)

20. Resident Evil 4 - the only RE game I've played to completion and also an experience indelible enough to make it seen worthy of inclusion.

21. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - simple, old-school fun.

22. BioShock (#46)

23. Spec Ops: The Line - alright, maybe the fact that it's ultimately better at being a conversation piece than an actual game works against it in terms of accessibility and popularity, but screw it, it's my list.

24. The Warriors - actually pretty solid as far as licensed games go, but maybe I'd leave it off the list next time around.

25. Conker's Bad Fur Day - voted for this expecting it to end up on a one-pointer list. It's immensely counter-intuitive in terms of gameplay and maybe the humour isn't so good these days, but it's got an iconic ending.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

8. TimeSplitters 2 - I voted not just for GoldenEye but also three of its spiritual successors that upped the external creativity while maintaining the same fundamental mechanics. TimeSplitters might be one of my favourite videogame franchises because it mixes in so much of what I do like about games to make frantic, colourful fun.

14. TimeSplitters Future Perfect - still undecided as to whether or not this deserved to be higher than TS2 since it makes improvements (albeit limited ones), but delivering a story mode that plays like the best Vin Diesel movie never made is worth some consideration.
I'm actually very surprised they haven't released an HD version of these games like they have in the past. They were clearly successful enough to warrant a trilogy. With nostalgia being so high right now, this would work perfectly with gamers. Get that on-line community back on.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I'm actually very surprised they haven't released an HD version of these games like they have in the past. They were clearly successful enough to warrant a trilogy. With nostalgia being so high right now, this would work perfectly with gamers. Get that on-line community back on.
Considering the rather...complicated series of events that unfolded after Future Perfect came out, the prospect of getting official HD remakes is remote at best. However, there is TimeSplitters Rewind, a fan-made HD remake of the series' "greatest hits", so there's that.