Sega Megadrive
PS1
PS2
Xbox
PS3
Xbox 360
PS4
Nintendo Switch

That's the order in which I owned them, with the PC off and on since the late 90s, and Pac Man and Galaga arcade machines appearing and disappearing along the way. The only ones I don't have right now are the Speccy, ST and Megadrive although emulation means I can still play my old games.

7 lists in now, keep 'em coming!

Knowing that the deadline is still a ways away, I'll take a few more days to put together my list.

It's a lot harder than I thought. There's so many games that I'm a fan of but not sure if I'd really put them as "greatest games ever" while there are games that I know have been very influential but I barely actually played, biggest example if Final Fantasy 7, I watched my brother play just about all of it but never actually played it myself.

Oh and here are my consoles:

Current:
Xbox One
Nintendo Switch

Past consoles I owned:
Xbox 360
PS3
Wii U
Xbox
PS2
Wii
Gamecube
Playstation
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Genesis
NES
Sega Saturn

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
What systems do everyone have?

Mine:
NES
Gameboy
N64
PS1
PS2
Wii
GameCube
Sega

You can't just say SEGA!!!!
What did you have for lunch, today? Oh... It was delicious!! I had FOOD.

Atari 2600
C64
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
SNES
PS1
PS3
PSP
PC (master race)

Step bro had the NES.

I had the old Sega Master System, picked it up in a junk shop. I now have the PS4. Anyone like playing Abe? The little fella from the meat processing factory.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Megadrive is a much cooler name.

I had a Multi-Mega (a Megadrive/Genesis/MegaCD and portable CD player all in one) for a few short weeks until a mate broke it. They're now worth around Ł300.

It was probably the same guy who broke my original Megadrive, now that I think about it, but what this did do was make me go out and buy a PS1, blowing my student loan in the process.

I'm having a hard time reconciling older games I've liked since I was a kid with the newer games I've absolutely loved. Deciding which games get top placement isn't that hard, but the order of everything below that is proving to be rather difficult.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
My list seems to be nostalgiatized 8-bit and 3DO and I can't remember a single ps1 game. Oh wait...

I have a list, but still needs sorting and culling. Been a very hectic weekend. Oh good, I swear I read everything was due on the 25th. Now I see the August part. *sigh of relief*

so just a list, 1-25, where 1 is my best pick and 25 is the least best? No grouping by system or anything of that detail, right? Just the games, and how I rank them?

[/i]so just a list, 1-25, where 1 is my best pick and 25 is the least best? No grouping by system or anything of that detail, right? Just the games, and how I rank them?
Pretty much, although if your list reads:

25 FIFA 96
24 FIFA 97
23 FIFA 95
22 Madden 2002
21 Madden 74

Then, we'll need to have a chat.

Pretty much, although if your list reads:

25 FIFA 96
24 FIFA 97
23 FIFA 95
22 Madden 2002
21 Madden 74

Then, we'll need to have a chat.

lol. no.
TECMO Bowl, maybe? or ooo ooo Cyberball!!!

Atari 2600
Genesis
Turbografx 16
NES
SNES
Dreamcast
N64
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Rasp Pi
I'm jealous. I remember when the Turbografx 16 came out and I was so jazzed by the graphics. I never got one though. I was an outcast just by going Genesis. I also fantasized on the Atari Lynx. Ugh those commercials were awesome.

How are we handling remakes/ports? Especially considering there's a bit of a spectrum of how much something is a remake. It seems like end of those spectrum is pretty easy. On one side there's basically games that are pure ports. Like how there's a lot of nintendo games that have been ported from SNES to various handhelds and future systems. I'm guessing those can get lumped together somewhat non-controversially. Then there are dramatic remakes, like the upcoming Final Fantasy 7 remake that is overhauling all of the gameplay and basically only keeping the storyline.

Just curious if I should include notes on if a game is a port/remake. For example there may be one or two Dreamcast ports on my list.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The Dreamcast version is always better, due to the magical controller.

I'm jealous. I remember when the Turbografx 16 came out and I was so jazzed by the graphics. I never got one though. I was an outcast just by going Genesis. I also fantasized on the Atari Lynx. Ugh those commercials were awesome.
I bought mine last year, it is an awesome system

Any Genesis owners or ROM addicts ever played Target Earth? That's on my list. It was crazy hard, but so cool to choose your own weapons each mission and to have friendly AI help out along your missions. Really struggling to draw a line between where I personally enjoyed a game and games that I thought were technically or historically unique, even if I didn't love it.

How are we handling remakes/ports? Especially considering there's a bit of a spectrum of how much something is a remake. It seems like end of those spectrum is pretty easy. On one side there's basically games that are pure ports. Like how there's a lot of nintendo games that have been ported from SNES to various handhelds and future systems. I'm guessing those can get lumped together somewhat non-controversially. Then there are dramatic remakes, like the upcoming Final Fantasy 7 remake that is overhauling all of the gameplay and basically only keeping the storyline.

Just curious if I should include notes on if a game is a port/remake. For example there may be one or two Dreamcast ports on my list.
If it's a straight HD remaster, then it'll be included with votes for the original game. Remakes, like the FFVII you mentioned or the upcoming Yakuza Kiwami, will have a different feel to them and I'll be counting them separately.

There are some remasters coming out which have gameplay differences - The FFXII one has a new game mode and the Crash Bandicoot thing apparently feels completely different to the original in its jumping mechanics - but these seem to be a relatively recent phenomenon that they can be taken on a case by case basis.

Ports are all going to be counted as one game.