Riverdale

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Has anyone checked out this twist to the Archie Comics legend? This is not your typical Archie-based TV series.

I caught the first two episodes so far (have to watch the third tonight before tomorrow's new episode). Pretty good cast, especially KJ Apa as Archie, who wants to pursue his love of music rather than take over his father's construction business; Lili Reinhardt as Betty, who wants to break free from her overprotective mother's reins; and Camille Mendes as Veronica, who moves to Riverdale with her mother after her father is on trial for fraud and embezzlement in New York City.

The famous love triangle between the trio is non-existent...for now. Instead, there is a murder mystery involving popular Riverdale High student Jason Blossom, who died on the 4th of July. Archie heard a gunshot that day while canoodling with music teacher Miss Grundy (depicted as a late 20s early 30s hottie instead of the elderly lady we see in the comics).

There is also Jughead as the series narrator and an aspiring investigative reporter; Reggie as a high school bully; Josie and the Pussycats as arrogant and cocky musicians who have a bit of pull because Josie's mother is the Mayor of Riverdale; Kevin Keller, an openly gay character in the comics seen here as Betty's BFF; and finally Riverdale Queen Bee Cheryl Blossom, Jason's twin sister.

For changing up the Archie legend, I actually am enjoying this.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

I never once read an Archie comic, so I had no frame of reference for the show. I knew about the characters, but that was it. My wife read them all the time and says the show is nothing like the comics.

I'm watching it because it has a Twin Peaks vibe that I like. It definitely likes the CW teen drama aspect more though, which is okay I guess. I'll continue to watch it because it's decent.

Suspect's Reviews

I am currently quite enjoying this show and I am up to date with the episodes. I like the combination of contemporary and old, shown through the costuming, locations, vehicles et cetera. I will continue to watch!

The most loathsome of all goblins
I'm a huge fan of Archie and I couldn't get past the first episode. It feels like Twin Peaks-lite without the satire, and I detest the casting. Maybe I'll give it another try at a later date but I my first reaction was disgust.

Never read the comic but I like the show. Actors are really good and the story is interesting so yeah. Waiting for the season 5😛✌️