Short films

Tools    

Every year hundreds get made. One or two win Oscars. A couple of the directors go on to become brand names. So, what are some of your all time favorite short films?

Semper Fooey
If they don't have the Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy, I'm not interested.

Too lazy to do a top 10, so I'll do a top 9:

9) C'était un Rendez-vous (1976) Lelouch

8) The Kennedy motorcade (1963) Zapruder

7) Le Réveil (1996) / Wajnberg

6) Dumplings from Three... extremes (2004) Fruit Chan

5) Passion according to Glenn Gould from 32 short films about Glenn Gould (1993) Giraud

4) Mexico from 11/9/01 (2002) Ińárritu

3) The Pawnshop (1916) Chaplin

2) Ménilmontant - (1926) ~ Kirsanoff
http://www.zappinternet.com/video/QeBvRubTub/Dimitri-Kirsanoff-Menilmontant-1925

1) Life lessons from New York stories (1989) Scorsese

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Entr'acte (Clair, 1924) - It's on You Tube!
&feature=related
&feature=related

The Goat (Keaton/St. Clair, 1921)
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=PlayList&p=873ABB6B706B9366&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=14

Every year hundreds get made. One or two win Oscars. A couple of the directors go on to become brand names. So, what are some of your all time favorite short films?
The 1946 winner of a special Oscar, the 10-minute The House I Live In with Frank Sinatra. The title song was written by a guy who just a few years later was on the Hollywood Black List, branded as a communist by the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities. The film was aimed at racial and religious prejudices of its day and the song became a major hit for Sinatra, one of the best things he ever did.

I am a big fan of movies. Thanks so much four your collection.thracian dawg.
So perfect!!!

Thanks so much four your collection.thracian dawg.
So perfect!!!
Collection?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"photographers" Pfft! Dang single framers!
Two of my favorites are a claymation called CLOSED MONDAYS and a film by Robert Swarthe called KICK ME. Kick me was actually drawn on the film frames. Very detailed and quite funny. There's a neat little surprise for the viewer, also.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
De Düva (The Dove) (George Coe & Anthony Lover, 1968)

This isn't the best way to watch this goodie, but since I hadn't seen it for 35 years(!), I think that everyone should see it. I just watched Ingmar Bergman's Through a Glass Darkly, and it's good, but I think this is actually better, as a satire of Swedish films, Bergman and The Seventh Seal. I hope you enjoy this. Watch for a young Madeline Kahn!

De Düva (The Dove)

"Well then I'll make trouble, because I'm geared fer it."

"THANK YOU, MASK MAN!"
Lenny Bruce
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The short film that won the Oscar this year, God of Love, by Luke Matheny (I think) is hilarious! Definitely a 20 minute must see witty twist on love.