The MoFo Home for stray DVDs

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Hello campers!

Been tossing this idea around for a while, it might work, it might not.

I've got some DVDs for sale and would rather they go to a good home and not some prospector who'll sell them on for a few quid more. They're listed on eBay UK and I'll post the links here if anyone is interested.

I thought it'd be cool if anyone else wanted to jump in with movies that need re-homing and use this thread as a jumping off point.

It'd probably be handiest to use eBay for transactions as they're set up for this sort of thing and I'm already on a messageboard which has its own trading/selling/buying section and things can occasionally get a bit fraught when deals go sideways.

If someone really wants something and isn't prepared to make me an offer I can't refuse via the medium of eBay I *might* be persuaded to take their money via Paypal and post it out privately.

Aaaanyway, for starters here's what I'm listing for your delectation:

Withnail & I 20th Anniversary Edition on DVD.

It's the steelbook edition, R2 and PAL. Excellent condition and actually bought (on release day if memory serves) while accompanied by another MoFo. I'm only selling it because I now have the Blu Ray which features everything that the Anniversary Edition has barring the soundtrack CD.

Monty Python's Life of Brian Collector's Edition on DVD.

Again R2 and PAL (and selling ebcause I have the Blu Ray now) and again in fantastic condition. It comes with an unopened screenplay of the film, a 35mm movie still apparently from the original print and a set of postcards which have never been out of the plastic bag - I don't even know what's on them apart from the one that's shown.

I've said UK bidders only in the listings for the purposes of eBay but if anyone else wants them I'll be more than happy to oblige - postage rates might differ but you'll get a quote.

Nothing is listed as 'Buy it Now' but if I'm made an offer that everyone is happy with I'll end the auction and sell to the bidder who made the offer.

My feedback is 100%, check it if you want - Registered Paypal, confirmed address that sort of thing - so there's no need to worry. I also get a receipt of postage for everything I sell but if anyone wants recorded delivery I'll be happy to oblige for a few extra pence.

As I said, anyone else who wants to jump in can do so and the thread has been given the Papal seal of approval from our Glorious Leader, Yoda. No ring-kissing was involved, however, because I didn't think it was appropriate this close to his impending nuptials.

I realise that they've only got a few days left in auction but they'll be relisted immediately if unsold.

Please, give these fine films a home.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Awesome Idea mate Im gutted im skint or Id buy some off you for sure I hope this catches on you know that if the films went to someone on here they would be looked after etc as we all appreciate good films. When my I get some cash together I'll see if you have anything listed and go from there

Me? Links are in the DVD titles, mate.

Yeah, this thread isn't just for me to post links - Everyone can.

I've already got bids on my old North By Northwest DVD and The New World Blu Ray (bought last week ) and I'll stick a few more up once this lot have been sold.

It's not gonna be a regular thing for me, just when I upgrade something to Blu Ray or end up with a film I don't particularly like.

Have you got a region-free DVD player and a TV that can cope with a 50HZ PAL signal?

This was always gonna be the problem with me posting on a thread populated by countless Colonial MoFos - I'd say that there are an awful lot more R2 people buying R1 DVDs than the other way around.

Ok then, everything posted is now sold! Had to relist a few things but I've just made a significant profit on Life of Brian, which will go straight towards some BDs.

Probable Se7en and Do The Right Thing.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He can either open his mouth or "type" it, among other choices. You know, teach the dolphin to say it. (My favorite animal in the whole wide world... except for those I basically live with.)

Nice to see you'll get two decent films for that one crap one.
From now on I am going to assume you are just kidding....
You are just trying to set up a difficult-to-interpret image...
Especially since you add that smiley after all such posts..

So according to this post, HK says Life Of Brian is a great film, which it indeed is. so +1!

Mark's right and I like the Mary Poppins analogy, so + rep there. (though that's a crap film, too.)

I didn't even like Life Of Brian during the 6 months I liked Monty Python. Actually, I didn't like any of the MP films, except Live At The Hollywood Bowl.

Mark's right and I like the Mary Poppins analogy, so + rep there. (though that's a crap film, too.)

I didn't even like Life Of Brian during the 6 months I liked Monty Python. Actually, I didn't like any of the MP films, except Live At The Hollywood Bowl.
Mary Poppins & Monty Python, both have initials MP..