Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Hopefully I can be careful enough not to launch this three feet into the air before then.
Only three? You must be shorter than I imagined.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Only three? You must be shorter than I imagined.
That partly ended a relationship. I'm still sensitive.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That partly ended a relationship. I'm still sensitive.

Sowwwwy, really didn't mean to be insensitive in any way. If it helps repair things you've always been someone on here I've looked up to and I shall continue to do so ..... metaphorically.

I have to schedule a root canal soon. It’s my 2nd root canal since 2007.

Such a pain in the ass & terrifying. This is turning into my year of dental bills. Root canal will cost $150 for today’s consult + $1,500 for the procedure.

Such a pain in the ass & terrifying. This is turning into my year of dental bills. Root canal will cost $150 for today’s consult + $1,500 for the procedure.
I so do not want to schedule the appointment. I need some Valium.

erm....
if that's where the pain is, I'm not sure you need to be seeing a dentist?
o.O

yes, yes. seeing myself out now. i know.

I hate underestimating projects. I also hate project managers that don't seem to ... think?

Dayum! To be honest, being a dentist has to be one of those jobs nobody actually wants to do, so the high prices are understandable.

If you want to know high prices, you should see what my plumber charges for basically knowing how to use a shovel and super glue.

Dayum! To be honest, being a dentist has to be one of those jobs nobody actually wants to do, so the high prices are understandable.
And now it turns out that if I have a root canal I will then need a $1,000 crown, which will necessitate more dentist visits. No way am I gonna do this. I have a consult next week with the “extractions” guy & will see what he says.

And now it turns out that if I have a root canal I will then need a $1,000 crown, which will necessitate more dentist visits. No way am I gonna do this. I have a consult next week with the “extractions” guy & will see what he says.
I've had tons of dental work, three root canals (one I won't tell you about because you don't want to hear it!...and I forget how many crowns I have had, maybe four) so I know your pain...literally! Can I ask what happened to your tooth to need a root canal?

I've had tons of dental work, three root canals (one I won't tell you about because you don't want to hear it!...and I forget how many crowns I have had, maybe four) so I know your pain...literally! Can I ask what happened to your tooth to need a root canal?
When I press down on the top of it (it’s a very small tooth), it hurts so somewhat uncomfortable to eat on that side (the left). Dentist’s x-ray doesn’t show that I need a root canal, but, naturally, the root canal guy begs to differ. I don’t much like him actually. Went to him in 2007 so I don’t question his competence. But he’s rather intimidating & I need someone warm & fuzzy.

I am the worst patient for dental work. I can start off calm & then lose it.

When I press down on the top of it (it’s a very small tooth), it hurts so somewhat uncomfortable to eat on that side (the left). Dentist’s x-ray doesn’t show that I need a root canal, but, naturally, the root canal guy begs to differ. I don’t much like him actually. Went to him in 2007 so I don’t question his competence. But he’s rather intimidating & I need someone warm & fuzzy.

I am the worst patient for dental work. I can start off calm & then lose it.
Take it from me, the thought of dental work is way worse than the actual event. Root canals don't hurt, they're just long and boring and seem scary. Some dentist can have the tendency to over recommend unneeded procedures.

I had a root canal and crown done that had pain afterwords. The dentist who had performed the procedure didn't know what was up, so he sent me to a specialized root canal dentist...who did all kinds of examines then starting talking about how he would redo the root canal and practically had me signed up....BUT I asked questions and he had to admit that there was nothing wrong with the first root canal that he could see and he did 3d x rays too. So he just wanted the $$$.

I'm always skeptical about unneeded dental work and in your case you say your dentist's x-ray doesn't show the need for a root canal, I'd be asking for different treatment options...Usually a tooth only needs a root canal if the tooth is cracked below the gum line.

But having the tooth extracted should be the last option as that can then cause problems with your bite and your teeth can shift and you most likely will need what's called a flipper to replace the missing tooth. Either a flipper or a dental implant. So ask questions! Hell even get a second opinion.

But having the tooth extracted should be the last option as that can then cause problems with your bite and your teeth can shift and you most likely will need what's called a flipper to replace the missing tooth. Either a flipper or a dental implant. So ask questions! Hell even get a second opinion.
I already have a partial for other lower missing teeth. I would never put myself through an implant.

Someone told me on Twitter yesterday that sometimes a tooth has to be eventually extracted even after a root canal.

It’s gonna depend on the extractions guy & what he charges. My dentist thought $500-600.

He will also have the orthodontist X-ray to look at.

Hey, I appreciate you helping me with this. I really am about to lose it.

I hate unexplainable joint pains. I'm not that old.
I believe most joint pains are from trying to smoke too far down the roach or accidentally dropping it into one's lap or cleavage. Neither of which are particularly an age thing