The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

OT: how I can submit my picks?
Alas, the deadline has long past. We're midway through the reveal itself. There should be another list (different topic/criteria) in a bit, which you can discuss here: Suggestions for future countdowns.

The next-best thing, though, is to put your favorite movies into your profile, so they'll show up on your profile page and next to your posts.

Alas, the deadline has long past. We're midway through the reveal itself. There should be another list (different topic/criteria) in a bit, which you can discuss here: [

The next-best thing, though, is to put your
Thanks for the info, will do when I got the time.

Hoping we picked the same film, but my gut says "no". Even though mine is a few decades old, it still holds up very well to this day.
Your gut is probably right The horror film on my list is more than a few decades old.

I see that this beats Halloween by a few years, but I honestly had never heard of it and had to go look it up. Is this worth watching for reasons *other* than comparing it to Halloween?
Black Christmas original has an incredibly moody atmosphere. It’s certainly not a “tongue in cheek” slasher. The stalkers phone calls to the girls sorority house gets creepier every time I view it. I think it’s well worth checking out especially for the cracking finale which I won’t give away. Don’t get me wrong Halloween is a better movie, but this shouldn’t be ignored. Avoid the remake at all costs.

Halloween is probably going to be my least favorite movie to make this list, just didn’t do anything for me when I watched it. I do want to see the 2018 one however, looked creepy enough from the trailer.

Yet to see Unforgiven

Tomorrow's hint:

The ink is rarer
Than the trees
The pen is mightier
But the paper frees
For some reason reminds me of Evil Dead... Necronomicon Ex Mortis... so probably Army Of Darkness?

I'm probably stretching here (what's new lol) but.....

Casablanca

. . . and

Blade Runner

A system of cells interlinked
I'm probably stretching here (what's new lol) but.....

Casablanca

. . . and

Blade Runner

This would be WAY early for Casablanca, IMO. I'd like to say that about Blade Runner, as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up soon.

This would be WAY early for Casablanca, IMO. I'd like to say that about Blade Runner, as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up soon.
I'd agree with you and will be vary happy to be miles out on both, my first thunk was actually Schindler's List but that one was definitely gonna get guessed by someone else for this clue (and I see already has) and I prefer to try n be a little different with my guesses anyway. Simply put - being 'right' with these types of things ain't exactly important to me (there's a reason I call mine faildictions ).

Citizen Kane and Schindler's List are my guesses
I think you might have this spot on.

I'll throw out some more speculative left-field choices: Lawrence of Arabia and Django Unchained.

Tomorrow's hint:

The ink is rarer
Than the trees
The pen is mightier
But the paper frees
Citizen Kane and Memento?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra