Archive 81

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2020/10/archive...es-1234603213/

"The Boys and The Vampire Diaries writer Rebecca Sonnenshine is to showrun a Netflix series loosely based on the found footage supernatural horror podcast Archive 81. Atomic Monster, the production outfit founded by Saw and Aquaman writer James Wan, is producing.

The eight-part series has set Jurassic World: Dominion actor Mamoudou Athie and Altered Carbon’s Dina Shihabi to star, while Stranger Things director Rebecca Thomas will helm half the series and executive produce. Paul Harris Boardman (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) is the writer and executive producer.

Here’s the logline: When archivist Dan Turner (Athie) takes a mysterious job restoring a collection of damaged videotapes from 1994, he finds himself reconstructing the work of documentary filmmaker Melody Pendras (Shihabi) and her investigation into a dangerous cult. As Dan is drawn into Melody’s story, he becomes convinced he can save her from the terrifying end she met 25 years ago.

Wan and Michael Clear are executive producers, while Rob Hackett is a co-executive producer."

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, so I just binged these eight episodes over the past few days.

Way more fun than I initially thought going into it. Netflix suggested it, and I took the bait.

I won't say more at this point, in case others haven't seen it but intend to soon. Can discuss once a few of you catch up.

I noticed in the end credits, though, that at least part of it was filmed in/near Pittsburgh (where I am). Very cool.

I binged this a few days ago as well. I do like this sort of investigative horror. As usual, the ending wasn't that good, but as a whole, I did like the show.
Agreed on the ending. I usually dislike

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
THE END??? endings.

I wondered if they did that to

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
leave something open for a possible continuation. Hope not. It should have just wrapped up neatly. Also, I guessed wrong on the Bobbi character. I thought her mother was actually just Melody... she looked about the right age to be a 2022 Melody. Melody's mom would have been about 50 in 1994... and so would be about 78 in our time. That woman didn't look anywhere near 78.

ARCHIVE 81' 2022 Rebecca Sonnenshine (Season 1)

It was aiight, supernatural fantasy/horror/mystery series, 8 episodes easy binge. Familiar ingredients from Stranger Things and Dark but not of the same caliber.

Duplicate Account (locked)
I though the first few episodes were really good, but since episode 4 it has just been becoming a lolwurthy supernatural that I'm having trouble paying attention to.

I though the first few episodes were really good, bit episode 4 it has just been becoming a lolwurthy supernatural that I'm having trouble paying attention to.
It's definitely a bit muddy in the middle. As with so many shows with this much supernatural intrigue, the earlier episodes are the most fascinating. Once things start to be revealed, they almost never live up to your earlier curiosity.

I did enjoy watching some of my own impressions of various characters change as the episodes went on.

About halfway through, definitely enjoying it. Been able to guess a lot about where it's been going, but its a credit to how well made it is that that hasn't really sullied my enjoyment much (and it's had some nice little twists and turns tucked away so far so that I haven't gotten too complacent).

I really only took interest because I heard Benson and Moorhead were involved, but so far I'm glad I did.