RANT:Lindsay Lohan movies....

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Last night, I was forced into watching one of her "Movies". And I might say it was one of the WORST cinematic experience's of my LIFE.First of all, she's not an actress shes just a conversation piece. The only thing she's there for, is for braindead guys to oogle, and for teen girls to idolize because of her looks and "Non-conformist" attitude.Anyway, to anyone out there who might potentially be forced into watching this tripe. STEER CLEAR. Anywho i'm done venting,thanks for listening folks.

Her films aren't bad....(ex. the remake of Freaky Friday and Mean Girls). They both were very entertaining. Yes I have to admit LL is very cute but that is not why. Especially Mean Girls (which I have seen quite a few times since I get into the movies for free). Mean Girls is fun to watch. It's funny, it's not one of your usual teeny bopper films, and is one film that can be enjoyed by the whole family (which kind of interacts with the second reason I gave).

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Last night, I was forced into watching one of her "Movies". And I might say it was one of the WORST cinematic experience's of my LIFE.First of all, she's not an actress shes just a conversation piece. The only thing she's there for, is for braindead guys to oogle, and for teen girls to idolize because of her looks and "Non-conformist" attitude.Anyway, to anyone out there who might potentially be forced into watching this tripe. STEER CLEAR. Anywho i'm done venting,thanks for listening folks.

Lindsey's movie's are cute, and obviously targeted toward young girls. So what? She's a cutie. Why do you have an issue with that? I think you're being pretty harsh. She's still young and has potential. Right now I think she has a fresh appeal to the young girls and the mothers who take them....however if she starts going the Brittney Spears/diva route she'll lose her appeal quickly.

I've only seen The Parent Trap (1998)...which I loved, and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004)...which was cute fun and meant as a popcorn flick. What's so wrong about a movie being simpily entertaining? Truth be told, it was better than Sleep Over. Personally, I see nothing horrible about her movies. I see them as a family movie and not as a serious "film".

You're lucky I'm to tired to have a rant of my own right now.

Thanks jrs...when Mean Girls comes out on video I'll make sure to rent it for my daughter and I. From the reviews I had read it sounds like it will make for interesting conversation with her afterwards (that whole popularity crap).

Put me in your pocket...
You haven't seen much fluff have you? I can think of alot more fluff than her movies...like The Powerpuffs Girls Movie and Pokémon: Jirachi - Wish Maker (2004). Just wait until you have kids of your own. There's a whole other world filled with all types of fluff.

I do know where your coming from though. My husband rarely sits through one of the kids movies unless it's Harry Potter.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
Okay, so her movies aren't incredible,although Mean Girls was pretty good as far as teen flicks go, but i really like her because, her acting is better than most actresses her age and she is unique looking and proud, u dont get many busty freckly redheds in hollywood and i fink she's absolutely stunningly gorgeous! GO LINDSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
What? I'm sorry I only speak english? And Aniko, I thank you for seeing things from my POV. I guess it's just hard to sit through something to boring and trivial when your a guy.. Or maybe it's just my ADD.

Bug Planet Proximus
Mean Girls was fantastic! Comedy of the year. (followed closely by Troy)
I was shocked to find that me and my mate were laughing the most in the whole cinema. It's definitely not your run-of-the-mill teeny bopper film. I can't really blame the rest of the 9 year old girls that filled the cinema for not understanding some of the jokes.

And btw aniko, Lindsey Lohan has already started a singing career and has also created bad press for being in constant cat fights with Hillary Duff and upsetting one of the Olsen Twins.

Here's Lohan!

For the love of all things holy - let the man have an opinion. If he thinks it sucks, he has that right. I mean seriously, you're defending Lindsay Lohan! She's never going to be remembered for her contributions to the artform! She's like the Backstreet Boys are to music - she's put together and primed by some talent agency, to be just another girl megastar like Britney, Christina and Hilary. Granted, she has some talent. More than I have. But she's limited. Very limited in terms of ability.

And oh yeah, she's got nice guns.

other than the loaded bazzokas she has she sucks as an actress
her movies are average and i found Mean Girls disapointing

l8r

The only one I liked was the remake of The Parent Trap, thats from a while ago...I forget what year.

What were you expecting??? Honestly they arnt made to be great thiugh prevoking films. they are made to make money. grow up and get over it.

I think her movies are more geared toward girls anyway. I do think she's ok though. I've only seen her in 2 movies (the Parent Trap, a few years ago) and Freaky Friday, which i thought was fun and she did a pretty good job in. I don't mind her, she's got potential I think.

Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
Let's face it guys. Lindsay Lohan has gone from "Parent Trap" prepubescent to scrumptious "Mean Girls" hottie(Check out the front cover of GQ magazine's October 2004 issue). Besides being one of the most sought after and beautiful young actresses in Hollywood, there's no denying that men as well as boys drool over her luscious bod which sports more curves than the L.A. freeway.
Someone in Tinsel Town believes this red headed fox can act. She's currently(or it may have finished principal photography by now) the remake of Herbie the Love Bug titled "Herbie Fully Loaded" I'm sure most of you have heard of it.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Edwin
Let's face it guys. Lindsay Lohan has gone from "Parent Trap" prepubescent to scrumptious "Mean Girls" hottie(Check out the front cover of GQ magazine's October 2004 issue). Besides being one of the most sought after and beautiful young actresses in Hollywood, there's no denying that men as well as boys drool over her luscious bod which sports more curves than the L.A. freeway.
Someone in Tinsel Town believes this red headed fox can act. She's currently(or it may have finished principal photography by now) the remake of Herbie the Love Bug titled "Herbie Fully Loaded" I'm sure most of you have heard of it.
I'm trying to decide if you write features for Playboy or just need a cold shower.

I'm just glad she finally turned 18 so I don't have to feel guilty when I look at her

As for the movies... I figure they aren't made with my demographic in mind so I don't complain too loudly when Mrs. Mose feels like watching them. I usually just bring a book or a magazine in and only half pay attention.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Eh, I don't see how she's any more rant-worthy than any of her other clones such as Hilary Duff, the Olsen Twins, or Paris Hilton. I kind of enjoyed Mean Girls and I enjoyed Freaky Friday alright too. They were entertaining, not something I'd ever buy or think about again after I saw it though.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Which half of you pays attention?