Foreign Language Hall of Fame

Tools    

Eventually, links to member reviews/posts will go here!

Let me know if you prefer them to be sorted by user or nomination. Alternatively, I could do both since I have a lot of free time on my hands.
Looking good Cosmic I like the design you went with, nice and precise. I think you'll be a super host.

Oh to answer your question....I like the review links sorted by user, with a movie count.

nom sent in

and to echo CR, by user with a movie count works for me too. No biggie either way, though
I can safely say you haven't seen my nom...assuming your MoFo list are up to date. I think you might like it too

Not sure what to nominate... narrowed it down to about seven. I feel like we need to have a non-English language top 100 countdown soon.
I think you would have to do by region...Asian and European

I've updated the first post with the members who joined overnight. So far...I don't think I've seen a single film in this HoF. Should be interesting!

Looking good Cosmic I like the design you went with, nice and precise. I think you'll be a super host.
Thank you very much! At the very least, I think I'll be an organized host. I'm currently colour-coding a spreadsheet to track points, even though no one is going to submit a list for awhile yet haha.

I like the review links sorted by user, with a movie count.
and to echo CR, by user with a movie count works for me too. No biggie either way, though
Sounds good to me.

So far we have 6 nominations in 5 different languages. The films currently span 5 decades, if I'm counting correctly.

I need to hurry up and decide on my own nomination so I can say that I've at least seen one of the films haha.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
So far we have 6 nominations in 5 different languages. The films currently span 5 decades, if I'm counting correctly.

I need to hurry up and decide on my own nomination so I can say that I've at least seen one of the films haha.
I was hoping for a nice spread, GLAD to hear it!!

and welcome Ultraviolence and Scarlett!!!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I can safely say you haven't seen my nom...assuming your MoFo list are up to date. I think you might like it too
they're pretty up to date, so you do have my curiosity. I'm pretty sure you haven't seen mine. Toss up on how much you'll enjoy it.

I finally chose my film yesterday. We're currently at 10 nominations in 6 languages. I've only seen 3 of them, including my own.

Do you guys want to start this weekend? I could do the reveal Friday evening, or sometime Saturday if anyone on the fence would like more time to decide.

I finally chose my film yesterday. We're currently at 10 nominations in 6 languages. I've only seen 3 of them, including my own.

Do you guys want to start this weekend? I could do the reveal Friday evening, or sometime Saturday if anyone on the fence would like more time to decide.
I vote Friday evening. I'm looking forward to the reveal...I'm very curious as to what everyone nominated.

“I was cured, all right!”

I vote Friday evening.²

movies can be okay...
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I decided to sit this one out. I'll be back for the 16th HOF
Bummer you're not in, as I've liked most all of your Hof noms, including the last foreign one, L'Avventura.

See ya in the 16th

Can we get a little teaser? Like just reveal what country/language the films are, so we can speculate?
I'll just go by the primary language since some of the films are co-productions from multiple countries. Currently we have:

2 French Films
2 German Films
1 Italian Film
1 Korean Film
2 Spanish Films
2 Japanese Films