The Movie Forums Top 82 Movie Stars Countdown

Tools    

First of all, thanks alot to @The Rodent for making the poster He's always willing to help out with this sort of stuff, as well as anything else if he is able. Thanks again

Thanks to @Sexy Celebrity as well for hosting the first version of this Countdown Would be cool if he could join us but understood if not.

Now thanks to all 52 members who sent lists, i was worrying at one point that we wouldn't even get 20 so great work Don't believe i've missed anyone here but if i have sorry it's frustrating mentioning 51 people, also i hate that you have to get the capitlization right as some use lower case and some don't.:

@CiCi @Frightened Inmate No. 2
@Mr Minio @ScarletLion @Gangland @Holden Pike @Siddon @rambond @Yoda @Iroquois @gbgoodies @NedStark09 @Austruck @edarsenal @dadgumblah @Funny Face @ynwtf @Larry @CosmicRunaway @False Writer @Captain Spaulding @Okay @Nestorio_Miklos @mattiasflgrtll6 @Dannii @Tugg @Swan @Steve Freeling @The Gunslinger45 @Miss Vicky @Sexy Celebrity @donniedarko @Citizen Rules @Cynema De Bergerac @re93animator @cricket @rauldc14 @Beatle @Derek Vinyard @TheUsualSuspect @jiraffejustin @Chypmunk @Thursday Next @SilentVamp @Yam12 @The Rodent @iank @HashtagBrownies @matt72582 @mark f @cat_sidhe

If i have the count right then we voted for 240 different actors and actresses! 82 made the main Countdown meaning they had at least ten points and were on at least two lists. There were various ties, i broke them the way they usually are: by how many lists they are on and if they are on the same amount highest list placement, then second highest, etc if those are the same. I haven't posted how i broke every tie and i don't remember so you'll just have to trust me haha. As well as the main Countdown i'll be posting every other actor and actress, with a post for one pointers, two pointers, etc up to actors with ten points but only one vote; which means they were someones #1 but noone else voted for them, 10/51 fit into that for the record. The main Countdown is no doubt a sausage fest but that's not my fault, i voted for four actresses! haha. Anyway, i think there's a good mix of classic, modern, foreign, etc and some of the big names you'd guess would dominate didn't do as well as expected so it's not completely standard. I mean the actor or actress on the most lists was on 12/52 so there's good variety. I'm going to post the top three all at once instead of the top two like is usually done.

My presentation is as simple as it gets cause i'm not good at making posters and stuff for the record.

Think that's it so enjoy! Any questions go ahead but i might take a bit to answer them since i'm doing the Countdown.

Now i hope to god i haven't made any mistakes

One Pointers

Karen Gillan
Christopher Lee
Blake Lively
Tim Curry
Ron Pearlman
Guy Pierce
Stellan Skarsgård
Paul Rudd
Victor Mature
Issabelle Adjani
Terence Stamp
Katharine Issabelle

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
looks like I popped on at just the right time! YAY
I'll be back shorty to check on this -- should be VERY cool to see the results and great job on the poster, @The Rodent!
And of course, the man of the thread, @Camo!

Two Pointers

Mads Mikkelsen (2 List)
Harry Dean Stanton (2 List)
Jamie Lee Curtis (1 List)
Samuel Jackson (1 List)
Christopher Walken (1 List)
Sean Penn (1 List)
Edmund O'Brien (1 List)
Rod Taylor (1 List)
Cillian Murphy (1 List)
George Clooney (1 List)
Tim Roth (1 List)
Jean-Louis Trintignant (1 List)
Jim Carrey (1 List)
Debbie Reynolds (1 List)
Saoirse Ronan (1 List)
Liam Neeson (1 List)
William Shatner (1 List)
Peter Falk (1 List)
Jonah Hill (1 List)
Ginger Rogers (1 List)

Three Pointers

Jennifer Lawrence - 3 (2 List)
Melanie Griffith - 3 (1 List)
Lillian Gish - 3 (1 List)
Alan Rickman - 3 (1 List)
Charles Laughton - 3 (1 List)
Ted Levine - 3 (1 List)
James Gandolfini - 3 (1 List)
Wilfred Hyde-Whyte - 3 (1 List) 150
Naomie Harris - 3 (1 List)
Clark Gable - 3 (1 List)
Helen Mirren - 3 (1 List)
James McAvoy - 3 (1 List)
Anton Walbrook - 3 (1 List)
Jack Lemmon - 3 (1 List)
Margi Clarke - 3 (1 List)
Winona RYder - 3 (1 List)
Kate Winslet - 3 (1 List)
Joan Cusack - 3 (1 List) 160
Vince Vaughn - 3 (1 List)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I actually went mostly old school and ran out of positions for recent ones except for one, questionably two since the gentleman has gotten far more acclaim in recent times.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Ginger Rogers was one of mine
I had a feeling that it was going to be your list that she was on.

I had Sean Penn and Clark Gable on mine.

(I am kind of anticipating most - if not all - of mine to be mentioned somewhat soon ).

Two for me so far and at least somebody else nominated one of them
I expect another one or two at least to appear prior to the countdown proper....

Four Pointers

Amy Adams - 4 (2 List)
Takashi Shimura - 4 (2 List)
Jane Fonda - 4 (2 List)
Claudia Cardinale - 4 (1 List) 130
Colin Farell - 4 (1 List)
Harvey Keitel - 4 (1 List)
Robert Downey Jr - 4 (1 List)
Joan Bennet - 4 (1 List)
Sigourney Weaver - 4 (1 List)
Patrick Wilson - 4 (1 List)
James Mason - 4 (1 List)