Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

→ in
Tools    

Sounds great

I haven't seen a link to the report confirming the movie's title and the casting of Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, as well as Margot Robbie, so here it is:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...u3t?li=BBnbfcL
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

This might just do nobody any good.
Casting news!

Burt Reynolds, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth and Michael Madden will play “small roles.”

http://deadline.com/2018/05/quentin-...ny-1202385014/

Reynolds will play George Spahn.

Spahn was an 80-year old near blind man who rented his LA ranch out to be used as the location for Westerns. Charlie Manson convinced Spahn to allow him and his followers to live on the ranch, in the months before they murdered Sharon Tate and six others. In exchange for rent, Manson coerced his female followers into hopping into bed with the ranch owner, and serving as his seeing eye guides, per reports.

Casting news!

Burt Reynolds, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth and Michael Madden will play “small roles.”

http://deadline.com/2018/05/quentin-...ny-1202385014/

Reynolds will play George Spahn.

I expect them especially burt reynolds to steal the show from pitt/dicaprio...burt is a highly underrated actor.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Wicked cast if this holds up. I'm a big Olyphant fan and would love to see him work with Tarantino.

Suspect's Reviews

Theory: Olyphant is a bit of meta casting and he’s playing a Clint Eastwood analogue, as in a western tv show actor who struck gold and is set to turn into a movie star, while Leo, ironically, plays the co-star who never caught a break...

Nah, that’s too aron...

Theory: Olyphant is a bit of meta casting and he’s playing a Clint Eastwood analogue, as in a western tv show actor who struck gold and is set to turn into a movie star, while Leo, ironically, plays the co-star who never caught a break...

Nah, that’s too aron...
really ? i am verb now

here is what i think

Quentin tarantino has history of hiring A list movie stars to secure budget for his movies..bruce willis in pulp fiction,brad pitt in basterds and dicaprio in django and channing tatum in hateful...but the real meaty roles go to non-huge stars like christoph waltz,samuel l jackson in pulp fiction or john travolta whose career was dwidling at that point or walton goggins or samuel l jackson in hateful..now i think its timothy and burt reynolds that will steal the show from the rest. Add de niro to that in jackie brown.

Omg.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/once-up...st-1202405007/

The more interesting tidbits here are that Damian Lewis will play Steve McQueen (yes, that Steve McQueen), Dakota Fanning is Squeaky Fromme, one of Manson’s disciples who later tried to kill Gerald Ford and Emile Hirsch (one of my suggestions to play Manson himself) is Jay Sebring, a hair stylist and one of the murder victims.

Oh, and apparently Quentin is looking for someone to play Bruce Lee.

Edit: Al Pacino will play Leo’s agent.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/a...ie-1202826780/

Tarantino taking this on isn't something I'm looking forward to.

He's brilliant - don't get me wrong... but... my least favorites are the ones where he rubs his particular charm all over historical events. Inglorious was entertaining, had nothing to do with the war other than the costumes. Same can be said for Django & slavery.

He's best when the stories are his own and he's not mucking about in fact based story lines. Guaranteed he's going to take the Bugliosi angle on this and work from there.

The confirmed cast of the movie are Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Kurt Russell, Burt Reynolds, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Zoe Bell, and Margot Robbie. Al Pacino has also joined the cast. That's not to mention Timothy Olyphant, Emile Hirsch, Dakota Fanning, Luke Perry among others.

Allow me to state the obvious.

The confirmed cast of the movie
There was a table read recently with Leo, Pitt, Robbie, Pacino and Fanning so I guess they have the most prominent roles.

Tarantino taking this on isn't something I'm looking forward to.

He's brilliant - don't get me wrong... but... my least favorites are the ones where he rubs his particular charm all over historical events. Inglorious was entertaining, had nothing to do with the war other than the costumes. Same can be said for Django & slavery.

He's best when the stories are his own and he's not mucking about in fact based story lines. Guaranteed he's going to take the Bugliosi angle on this and work from there.
who said that he is taking Bugliosi's angle

I'm going to let y'all watch the movie first, then get your impressions. Q.T. has a fetish for violence, so you can be sure he'll dwell on the gruesome murders of Sharon Tate and others in Benedict Canyon-- as if that's all that was important in 1969.

If it's not overly explicit and drawn out, I'll check it out. The movie is guaranteed to make $100s of millions, so they wouldn't miss my $10...

~Doc