FOLLYWOOD - Black Knight, Out Cold and Spy Game

Tools    

Wow. Who'd have thunk Harry Potter would have done that badly? What with all the advertising I'm sure Warner Bros. was expecting at least a billion dollars in its first weekend. Disgraceful. At least the Wash made up for things surpassing its budget on its first weekend. Did I hear someone say sequel?

Here we go.

Harry Potter - $93m - TWTCommish
Monsters Inc. - $23m - TWTCommish (You suck at this game TWT)
Shallow Hal - $12m - bigvalbowski
Domestic Disturbance - $5m - bigvalbowski
Heist - $4m - TWTCommish
The One - $4m - spudracer
K-Pax - $3m - spudracer
The Wash - $3m - spudracer
13 Ghosts - $2m - TWTCommish

TWTCommish had $137m, spent $73m and earned $122m leaving him with $186m

spudracer had $72m, spent $10m and earned $10m loooooooser leavng him with $72m

bigvalbowski had $7m, spent $0m and earned $17m it's all profit baby leaving him with $24m

So the current standings are...

1. TWTCommish - $122m boo, hiss
2. spudracer - $72m I remember when he used to be good at this game. Seems like years ago.
3. bigvalbowski - $24m This guy's a hungry young fighter. You can see the sweat on the brows of TWT.

If you want to take part in this game. Just bid on the following three movies. You have a max bid of $20m.

Black Knight

MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for language, sexual/crude humor and battle violence)
Distributor: 20th Century Fox
Production Company: New Regency
Cast: Martin Lawrence (Jamal Walker), Tom Wilkinson (Sir Nolte);
Director: Gil Junger (10 Things I Hate About You)
Premise: "In this time travel comedy, a fast-talking young hustler (Lawrence) who works in a medieval-themed miniature golf course is suddenly transported back to the Middle Ages where he teams up with a broken-down ex-knight and a beautiful peasant girl to defeat an evil king." (Wilkinson plays a "powerful bully-in-armor" loyal to the king) The trailer tells us that the year is 1328.

Out Cold

MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for language, crude and sexual humor, and substance abuse)
Distributor: Touchstone Pictures (Disney)
Production Company: Spyglass Entertainment
Cast: Flex Alexander (Anthony), A.J. Cook (Jenny), David Denman (Lance), Caroline Dhavernas (Anna), Zach Galifianakis (Luke), Willie Garson (Ted), Derek Hamilton (Pig Pen), Jason London (Rick), Lee Majors (Jack Majors), Victoria Silvstedt (Inga)
Directors: Emmett and Brendan Malloy (feature debuts; they've previously directed commercials)
Premise: This ensemble comedy is a slobs vs. snobs story set at a ski resort, centering on a snowboarder who wants to start his own snowboarding park on a mountain. His plan goes awry as he and his friends try to gain ownership of the mountain. Emmett Malloy was quoted as saying that they want to make this a "classic comedy" like Caddyshack or Animal House.

Spy Game

MPAA Rating: R (for language, some violence and brief sexuality)
Distributor: Universal Pictures
Production Company: Beacon Communications
Cast: Brad Pitt (Tom Bishop), Robert Redford (Nathan Muir), Catherine McCormack (Elizabeth Hadley); other cast not announced yet.
Director: Tony Scott (Top Gun, Enemy of the State, Beverly Hills Cop II, True Romance, Crimson Tide; next is Taking Lives)
Premise: A retired CIA agent (Redford) is called back into service one last time to rescue his protégé (Pitt), who was kidnapped by the Chinese. The movie is a series of flashbacks, also telling the story of the relationship between the spies. (McCormack plays a human rights activist and the romantic interest of Pitt's character.)

24 hours from now the auction will close.

Get on your broomsticks players and let's fly...

$3m on Spy Game
$2m on Black Knight
$1m on Ski School 2 (I mean Out Cold)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I say

5mil on Black Knight
5mil on Spy Game
3mil on Out Cold
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

$6m on Spy Game
$6m on Black Knight
$4m on Out Cold

They're mine.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
10mil Spy Game
10mil Black Knight
5mil Out Cold

TWT...hope you have plans for sitting out this week. I mean you don't have to do anything and you're still making money.

Hmmm, I think I'm supposed to have $186 million, bigval.

Between the three of us, I guess we'll all get at least one of these movies. I'll bid $10 million on "Spy Game," and $7 million on "Out Cold."

Almost got away with it. It's fixed now. You're much better at Maths than I am Commish.

$15m on Spy Game

$20m on Spy Game

Time up.

With Harry Potter destined for a second week at the top, this week's films don't look that profitable. But Spy Game should make at least $22m.

Spy Game - $22m - TWTCommish
Black Knight - $15m - spudracer
Out Cold - $4m - bigvalbowski