Norm Macdonald, R.I.P.

Tools    

Just two general things:

2. I'm a big Conan fan and when he launched his show on TBS I watched every single night for a long time, and my wife and I were watching when the moth joke first aired, and we were just flabbergasted by the whole thing. I told everyone who would listen to watch the clip and I'm so happy it's become, essentially, the very first thing people have decided to share in most cases to remember him.
Watched it too...man 90s Conan is comfort food. Use to watch every night.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

"I can't, I have to go...lift weights. What?"
"No, no, you never told me your name so I just made it up"

This has always been one of my favorite talkshow moments of a guest who has already done their interview hijacking the next guest's segment. Only Dean Martin putting cigarette ashes in George Gobol's coffee cup during a Carson "Tonight Show" may top it.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This has always been one of my favorite talkshow moments of a guest who has already done their interview hijacking the next guest's segment. Only Dean Martin putting cigarette ashes in George Gobol's coffee cup during a Carson "Tonight Show" may top it.

He aced that last joke like a master

Anyone know what kind of cancer? I'm just curious about the details.

Absolutely! I was going to post this but I'm glad you did it. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who loved this. Norm was one of a kind and wasn't going to be held back by what, well, anybody thought. Of course it helped that he was a comic genius.

Let the night air cool you off
I used to listen to Norm so much that I'd find myself talking in his cadence. I literally had to stop listening to him so much so that I wouldn't just rip him off all day long.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Anyone know what kind of cancer? I'm just curious about the details.
From Wikpedia - .Macdonald died from acute leukemia at a hospital in Los Angeles on September 14, 2021, at the age of 61. He had been diagnosed nine years prior, though he disclosed his diagnosis to only a few close friends and family members, fearing that publicly discussing his health would "affect the way he was perceived," according to his brother, Neil.