Paul Thomas Anderson's "Soggy Bottom" Is In Post-Production

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"Set in 1970s San Fernando Valley, the film follows a high school student, who is also a successful child actor"

I guess he's going to change the title, but I wonder if there's a possibility of it being released this year.

I'm not that excited, since his work after the magnificent "There Will Be Blood" has been mediocre at best. He's using Bradley Cooper, so he'll probably get a lot of people to watch, but I just hope it's good.

I get PTA's movies are very good...but they always feel like a chore to get through for me. I was hoping this was a Soggy Bottom Boys movie. Oh well. I'll just be in Constant Sorrow it isn't. Sorry I'll leave.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Hard 8 is probably the only Anderson film I wouldn't quickly consider as being legitimately great.

I have little doubt this will be too. He's the probably the best, and definitely the most consistent, American filmmaker of God Knows How Long.

I'm just going to assume that not enough people have seen Phantom Thread.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

The thumbnail will get people to watch it -- a girl with her nipples showing.

And like usual, PTA loves 70s classic rock.. David Bowie. Supertramp. ELO, etc.

And then the movie title is unique to draw a few more in. I don't care about the lead actor, but I'm not mainstream, so who knows, it might do well despite the pandemic. It's probably not a movie I'll watch after seeing the trailer (thanks for that)... I'm not really interested in teenage stuff in a "Dazed And Confused" kinda setting.

And then the movie title is unique to draw a few more in. I don't care about the lead actor, but I'm not mainstream, so who knows, it might do well despite the pandemic. It's probably not a movie I'll watch after seeing the trailer (thanks for that)... I'm not really interested in teenage stuff in a "Dazed And Confused" kinda setting.
Yeah, coming of age subject films are down the list of story types that interest me. But with PTA writing/directing, I'll watch it for sure. Plus, if it does have a happy ending, that's a big plus for me. Me and Sookie...

What an exhausting way to say “no thanks.”

You're such a nun, dude. It's just a girl from the 70s. It's not going to draw any male gazes away from Instagram.

If your first thoughts of a new PTA film is to say creepy things about teenage nips, I don't think the fault lies with PTA's audience.