Tv or movie expression

Tools    

There is a tv show or movie

I think 90s

The guy in the movie is trying to convince someone to do something

And he says or asks does this idea has legs ?

Then someone responds

It has legs

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
That's a pretty common phrase. Got any more details to help narrow things down?

I'd start with heist movies. Mark Wahlberg or Jason Statham.

@brooklynrulz

I don’t remmember

Was it used in any popular movies ?

I think they were negotiate a deal

And the person deciding says

it has legs

Maybe a judge ? Law abiding citizen movie ?

Movie fracture ?????

I don't mean the phrase is used in movies a lot. I mean that it's just an average phrase. That's like asking for a movie (or a show) in which a guy says "I like that idea." It just doesn't seem unique enough to I.D. a movie by itself.

It DOES sound like a comment to make if one was scheming a plan. Which is why I'd start with heist movies. Mark Wahlberg or Jason Statham stuff.

Yeah, I wonder if maybe that's from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Probably not Snatch but maybe... could be a lot of brittish gangster flicks.

Similar, but opposite: The defense in My Cousin Vinny has Vinny asking Ms. Vito, "Does the defense's case hold water?"

Similar, but opposite: The defense in My Cousin Vinny has Vinny asking Ms. Vito, "Does the defense's case hold water?"
Solved!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Solved!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Wait. The phrase was 'hold water' and not 'has legs' then?

Yes I guess I mixed it up

In fairness my wife has sometimes complained that her legs are holding water.

I've learned to answer with 'wrong' answers because it can either help prompt someone to remember the correct movie or the person is mis-remembering the scene and I'm correct. There's no penalty with putting out a possible wrong answer, so I do it.

I've learned to answer with 'wrong' answers because it can either help prompt someone to remember the correct movie or the person is mis-remembering the scene and I'm correct. There's no penalty with putting out a possible wrong answer, so I do it.
Thanks