Hellboy Reboot

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I remember hearing reports about Deadpool 2 being a disaster with test screenings as well and people seem to think it more or less is still a good movie.

I have faith in Marshall and will objectively put Del Toro's effort to the side and watch this as it should be.

Suspect's Reviews

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Ima take a grain of salt as well. The GDT Hellboy movies weren't exactly perfect. My nostalgia feelz tell me I love The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and those Hellboy movies live in that neighborhood.

I don't think the bar was set so high to worry about the yet unseen new one.

I thought the first Hellboy was a fantastic movie. I haven't seen the second, but I like religious undertones and what not. I would laugh so hard I'd crap my pants if there was a spawn of the devil who would tell his father to piss off. I would be SO HAPPY.

The stuff that catches me is "what I perceive" as a lack of restraint from the likes of GDR and Jackson in fantasy movies.

"Oh, we can make this mechanism look like the inside of a Swiss watch! We can make a million orcs on-screen at once!"

I'm obviously gonna deep-end on being neurotic here, but it takes so much away from film. Practical fx always limited what you could do and in turn lended itself to realism. Now, where do you say realism in a fantasy movie? What it would look like if it happened right now in front of you. These guys are great, but I think necessity would help make them better.

Coming from a long-time purveyor of excess and a man who has never had an argument with a doughnut, consider this a "get off my lawn" rant

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I thought they said they were going a more 'horror' route. This looks like it's exactly in line with the originals in terms of action and comedy. The big difference here is that Marshall relies on CGI whereas Del Toro had a good blend of CGI and practical.

Hellboy also looks.....a little slow. Sorry, that's just how he looks to me.

I'm a big fan of Marshall so I hope he pulls out a win here, but yeah...it doesn't look promising.

I thought they said they were going a more 'horror' route. This looks like it's exactly in line with the originals in terms of action and comedy. The big difference here is that Marshall relies on CGI whereas Del Toro had a good blend of CGI and practical.

Hellboy also looks.....a little slow. Sorry, that's just how he looks to me.

I'm a big fan of Marshall so I hope he pulls out a win here, but yeah...it doesn't look promising.

Give it a week after release and a critical panning, and the filmmakers will probably use the tried-and-tested-and-successful "studio interference" route.
Then the inevitable DVD release barely a week the cinematic run, followed a month later with another DVD release containing the director's original vision.

I'm sorry but you know it's going to be ****e when they have Mo from Eastenders in a role, even if small...(the white haired woman asking for ID for those who don't follow British soaps)

I do hope I'm completely wrong but I didn't like the look of this new Hellboy at all.

I'm sorry but you know it's going to be ****e when they have Mo from Eastenders in a role, even if small...(the white haired woman asking for ID for those who don't follow British soaps)

True.
I get the impression she only really gets work because she's Gary Oldman's sister.

I'm not gonna come here and shht on this show. I'm just gonna say it had maybe the worst trailer / song pairing I've ever endured.

I'll see it, but this is nowhere close to what I had in my mind. Like Harbour is playing against type, regardless of what Hellboy is "classically" suppose to be. Major Harbour Stan harboring confused feelz.

And headshotting is John Wick's deal. Everyone else go home.

I see allot of Army Of Darkness and Deadpool in this adaptation but also remember Hellboy needs a blend of humor and darkness. Im just not sure what to think. New Hellboy comes off as a lesser version or stunt double for Perlmans Hellboy.
I think people are so use to good CGI work that Campy comes off shocking. I think Reboots happen too soon in comic films. We have since 2002 3 different Spider-Mans. 3 Different Hulks as well. I think New Hellboy looks like a cheaper version of Golden Army and First Hellboy.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I thought they said they were going a more 'horror' route.
David Harbour, the new Hellboy, said the trailer was bad marketing but in a recent interview, he said it would be the horror film they promised.

“There’s really a sense that you’re actually killing things, even if they are giants or monsters. You’re chopping their heads off, you’re bathing in their blood and you’re feeling the complex feelings of actually cutting the heart out of another thing. We’re taking the time to deal with the fact that Hellboy is a killer. He’s a weapon.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/harbour-...-full-of-gore/

David Harbour, the new Hellboy, said the trailer was bad marketing but in a recent interview, he said it would be the horror film they promised.

“There’s really a sense that you’re actually killing things, even if they are giants or monsters. You’re chopping their heads off, you’re bathing in their blood and you’re feeling the complex feelings of actually cutting the heart out of another thing. We’re taking the time to deal with the fact that Hellboy is a killer. He’s a weapon.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/harbour-...-full-of-gore/

That's too funny. Some producer in an office like, "That mf'er said what?

Harbour is great. Everything I've seen him in, whether a sleazebag or local hero, he strikes a chord with me. Maybe it doesn't translate with makeup on.

Better than the first trailer.

Completely agree. After the first trailer I wasn't gonna watch it. Now I think it looks a little more interesting.