Things that annoy you...

Tools    

3 stitches for stirchley!!!! almost sounds like you planned this years ago, whenever you first invented that user name.
hmmmmm........
Didn’t “invent” Stirchley. It’s where I grew up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirchley,_West_Midlands

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Didn’t “invent” Stirchley. It’s where I grew up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirchley,_West_Midlands
Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking the odds of planning a name specifically for the possibility of one day getting stitches, posting on a web forum, and having some anonymous ynwtf character make a note of it are astronomical!!!

Glad to hear it's all behind you now. I don't think I've ever had stitches before. I have chopped the fatty tip of my thumb off cutting mounting board back in art classes, but they just put some weird gelatinous sponge-like material over it and wrapped a gauze. They told me to take the gauze off in 48 hours. By then, the threading of the gauze had been absorbed by my flesh that had started to heal into whatever that sponge was. I spent the night drinking heavily, threading out the cotton strands with tweezers. That kinda sucked =\ but, tweezers have nothing to do with my user name nor was it anyway related to my home town. So you got that over me still.

Seriously though. Glad it was as slight an injury as it was. Could have broken something.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

⬆️ Seeing the gas station footage was unnerving, but a relief also as I had no clue how I fell. To see me go flying over the parking block was scary, but at least I knew what happened.

I’ve occasionally had stitches before, but never in my face. My black eye was very unnerving too. A first. But every day it gets rapidly much better.

Did I mention my designer sunnies were destroyed? This upset me the most, but turns out I have a one-year warranty & the frames will be replaced for free. $300+ so this is a relief.

Oh, well, moving right along. Carefully.

Of all the annoying frickin things that happened lately my goshdarn wifi went down on Sunday. Spoke to Comcast in the Philippines & India & got no sense out of anyone. Could do nothing all day as my entire life is in my iPad. Sad, I know.

Anyhoo, Tuesday the tech shows up & took away my v. old modem & router & now I have this. It’s got a wee fan inside whose faint drone unnerved me at first (I have acute hearing), but everything is working now.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks. Had stitches out yesterday. I made a dreadful fuss at my internist’s, but the removal was totally painless. He just tweezered them out. A big hug from my doc & off I went home. Carefully.

I'm glad to hear the removal of the stitches was quick and painless. I had 10 stitches below my eye years ago, and they were much easier coming out than they were going in.

⬆️ Seeing the gas station footage was unnerving, but a relief also as I had no clue how I fell. To see me go flying over the parking block was scary, but at least I knew what happened.

I’ve occasionally had stitches before, but never in my face. My black eye was very unnerving too. A first. But every day it gets rapidly much better.

Did I mention my designer sunnies were destroyed? This upset me the most, but turns out I have a one-year warranty & the frames will be replaced for free. $300+ so this is a relief.

Oh, well, moving right along. Carefully.

Even if you didn't have a warranty, isn't it better that you destroyed your sunnies than yourself?

Of all the annoying frickin things that happened lately my goshdarn wifi went down on Sunday. Spoke to Comcast in the Philippines & India & got no sense out of anyone. Could do nothing all day as my entire life is in my iPad. Sad, I know.

Anyhoo, Tuesday the tech shows up & took away my v. old modem & router & now I have this. It’s got a wee fan inside whose faint drone unnerved me at first (I have acute hearing), but everything is working now.

I know how you feel. I waited all week to DVR a movie from TCM today, and about 20 minutes after the movie started, the cable company truck showed up, and they started doing some work outside. They shut off my cable, phone, and internet for about an hour, and I missed the movie.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch it on TCM's On Demand.

I'm glad to hear the removal of the stitches was quick and painless. I had 10 stitches below my eye years ago, and they were much easier coming out than they were going in.
OMG, 10 stitches. I would have been hysterical.

Even if you didn't have a warranty, isn't it better that you destroyed your sunnies than yourself?
Yes, but I was glad to get my new sunnies back today. Now I can hide behind them again. 😎

I know how you feel. I waited all week to DVR a movie from TCM today, and about 20 minutes after the movie started, the cable company truck showed up, and they started doing some work outside. They shut off my cable, phone, and internet for about an hour, and I missed the movie.
Maddening. Comcast has just raised their rates by $10 a month & my Internet is going in & out today. A super-nice Filipino in support has just explained to me what the flashing lights on the modem-router mean & she’ll send a tech tomorrow p.m. Says she’s also crediting me for 4 days of outage. I was really pissed, but she was so helpful I feel better now even though the darn thing is not working properly.

⬆️ My girlfriend Cathy just had this. But her stitches dissolved so that was good.

OMG, 10 stitches. I would have been hysterical.
⬆️ My girlfriend Cathy just had this. But her stitches dissolved so that was good.

When I had the 10 stitches that were removed, those were only the external stitches. I also had an additional 19 stitches that were internal that dissolved. It was after a car accident. (I was a passenger, not the driver.) The lens of my eyeglasses popped out when my head hit the windshield, and the lens cut my cheek below my eye. It required a total of 29 stitches, but only 10 had to be removed.

When I had the 10 stitches that were removed, those were only the external stitches. I also had an additional 19 stitches that were internal that dissolved. It was after a car accident. (I was a passenger, not the driver.) The lens of my eyeglasses popped out when my head hit the windshield, and the lens cut my cheek below my eye. It required a total of 29 stitches, but only 10 had to be removed.
Scary.

Add this to the list, T-Shirts with the brand name plonked in the middle of the chest, in bold design. That is just lazy designing. Levi's, I am looking at you. Not every brand is a Nike, Adidas or Puma.

It's not lazy. It's advertising. You pay them to advertise for them.
Not necessarily you. The generic you.

It consantantly amazes me. Then I remember the concept of cool and being a teenager and I get it.

Yeah. I just don't buy those Tees. It only became a thing probably a decade ago or maybe just a little longer. Just a small logo on the left like some athletic companies do, that would be a good thing.

Total incompetence. Took one of our cats to the vet the other day for some blood work. Got a call the next day saying that they left the sample out and if they send it in for testing the results may be unreliable. Outstanding. They then asked us if we would still like it sent out for testing. Seriously? Are you stupid? Yeah, we would really like some unreliable results from the blood work. What good is that? Morons. Been going to this vet for years and they've been good but the last year or so they have had a lot of turnover with Dr.'s and staff and are getting sloppy.

⬆️ Wow, idiots. Now you have to take your cat in again & subject it to more bloodwork.

Maybe this is the time to re-evaluate this vet.

Pivot: about 5 years ago we took Looby Loo to be spayed. Rather questionable new vet, but cheap & local shelter uses him so we went along. All went “well”, but weeks later she’s going into heat again every 2 weeks or so. WTH! Turns out a tiny remnant of left ovary was left behind & it later cost us (at another vet) $750 to remedy the situation. Dumb ass vet still practices, but we don’t go there.

⬆️ Wow, idiots. Now you have to take your cat in again & subject it to more bloodwork.

Maybe this is the time to re-evaluate this vet.
We we're already looking for a new vet this just sealed the deal. Already have a new one. A little closer and a little more $ but as long as it isn't wasted $, whatever, it's worth it.