Reading Tab

Tools    

Just began reading something I should I have started on a long time ago...

What an amazing piece of work this is.
Looks pretty good. While I don't like superhero genre of manga as a lover of graphic novels I certainly plan to read it at some point.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Recently finished In the Woods by Tana French. Really impressive first novel from this writer. If you're into murder mysteries at all, you could do much worse than this one.

Working on The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis, which is the last of his I haven't read yet. Just a phenomenal writer. Anytime a writer can make you care about characters you have no business caring about is impressive.

Vinland Saga and Vagabond are 2 of the mangas I want to read so much, but I don't own them and I dislike reading online.

I'm reading Berserk and I think it's overrated, sure it's good and the drawings are the best, but it's not the greatest manga ever.

When you read something considered the best ever is natural that you will tend to be disappointed. Berserk is very highly rated but so is Shawshank Redemption, both are good but are not "best ever" in anything. Best manga I ever read so far include Nausicaa, Lone Wolf and Cub and it's looking like, Vinland Saga. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is also excellent. As well as Yotsuba. Well you can check my graphic novels reviews thread for my ratings.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Revival by Stephen King. I LOVE this book so far. It's the best thing I've read by King in ages. Something lit a fire under his ass lately, and it's about time. Between this and Joyland, he's writing great books again.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Revival by Stephen King. I LOVE this book so far. It's the best thing I've read by King in ages. Something lit a fire under his ass lately, and it's about time. Between this and Joyland, he's writing great books again.
I want to read that !

Guys, is Heart of Darkness by J.Conrad good?
I got the book,it's got Congo Diary the ''Heart of Darkness'' itself and bunch of other stuff. Should I just read it all?

Would recommend King Leopold's Ghost for non-fiction about the Belgian Congo though. Has some interesting background on Conrad and Heart of Darkness, too.

Guys, is Heart of Darkness by J.Conrad good?
I got the book,it's got Congo Diary the ''Heart of Darkness'' itself and bunch of other stuff. Should I just read it all?
I wasn't able to read much, so can't judge to much. But I didn't find the story and themes, that were discussed in my Literature class very interesting. Again I read near nothing, so not the one to say

Nonfiction:

Otaku Encyclopedia. A part of research of the author who is an American doing a PHD in Tokyo about Otaku culture. Contains a series of interviews with cultural historians, animation directors, visual artists, gamers, maids from maid cafes and other cultural elements of this incredibly fascinating subculture.

Kawaii!! Japan’s Culture of Cute An examination of the evolution of Japanese culture of cute in all it's media from fashion to manga:

Moe Manifesto - finished reading the whole thing, it's not that long though and for the price was quite expensive. Apparently there isn't a definition for it, different people have completely different ideas about what it means, some are more radical than others.

Bulgakov, Heart of a Dog

I didn't understand all the early soviet satire in this novellia, but I did find the overall humor great and Bulgakov definitely raises some interesting questions on class and value of life. I'd like to get my hands on the film now and maybe read Master Margerita soon.

I read this long ago.. I think I will start re-reading it

The novel explores the relationship between a 44-year-old divorced children's book author and artist, Jeremy Walker, and a 16-year-old teenage runaway who attaches herself to him. Unaware of who Belinda really is, Jeremy falls in love with her and paints her portraits nude. When he discovers Belinda's true identity, things unravel quickly as his career and freedom are threatened, as well as the love he feels for Belinda.