MoFo Fantasy Baseball '15 - The Regular Season

Tools    

I can see why the Quality Starts option has alot of appeal, but it takes away from the team aspect of what it takes to get a Win, a much harder task, and that seems like what baseballs all about, teamwork. Does that make sense?
It might make sense if we were trying to replicate baseball. But there's no team work in fantasy; Robinson Cano has no idea he's playing with Ryan Zimmerman on my team. They are not actually working together. Isolating player performance is an integral part of the game.

Generally speaking, we're competing to see who can better evaluate players and strategize about their relative worth, and stats that aren't within the players' control introduce random noise into that competition.

There are several other stats that are at least somewhat team dependent, like RBIs, but those are theoretically easier to predict. Wins are pretty random and really arbitrary.

I can see why the Quality Starts option has alot of appeal, but it takes away from the team aspect of what it takes to get a Win, a much harder task, and that seems like what baseballs all about, teamwork. Does that make sense?
It might make sense if we were trying to replicate baseball. But there's no team work in fantasy; Robinson Cano has no idea he's playing with Ryan Zimmerman on my team. They are not actually working together. Isolating player performance is an integral part of the game.

Generally speaking, we're competing to see who can better evaluate players and strategize about their relative worth, and stats that aren't within the players' control introduce random noise into that competition.

There are several other stats that are at least somewhat team dependent, like RBIs, but those are theoretically easier to predict. Wins are pretty random and really arbitrary.
Very well put. I'd go QS then for next season.

I can tell these Holds are gonna be a pain in my balls. I had 2 guys for Holds, Peralta who becomes a closer & Jepsen who might end up being a closer, so I have to punt them to the curb and try Ziegler & Tazawa, who if anything are solid for 8th inning appearances.

Decided to keep running with 6 starters so I dropped Tony Watson for James Paxton. I had a feeling he isnt as good as last years stats portray, I could be wrong. Ill let Chris, Adam, and Tim fight over him.

So 2 closers and 2 setup guys, that way Im not punting either category, and would put up just enough of each to not hurt me. No matter how awesome a roster is, punting a category is up to an automatic 11 point handicap. Cant win the league with that albatross.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Apparently my goal is to beat Tongo in overall moves this year

Also, if anyone has a quality SS sitting around, I'm open to trades.

A system of cells interlinked
Just finished up week one! I also have some guys that are slow out of the gate - just give them time!

Ive been at the bottom often the first month of Roto, and honestly it does feel better to start near the top.

I tend to start high and then tank, with a slow climb to around 5th by season's end. I hope to change this this season. I am still down an SP with Ryu still hobbled. I got on the Bauer train - we shall see how long I ride that...He has a bad effect on WHIP, but is pretty solid otherwise. This could be his year - who knows!

Its been a long time, but somebody that landed a huge money contract actually is producing like they should, Nelson Cruz with 2 bombs tonight so far. BOOYAH!

I want the Red Sox to win...but not with Mookie sniping Bryce Harper's home runs with feats of super-human agility.

I want the Red Sox to win...but not with Mookie sniping Bryce Harper's home runs with feats of super-human agility.
Mookie's had some really bad games this year (4 K's in the 18 inning win), but he's also looked incredible in others. Dave Cameron at FanGraphs thinks Mookie's going to be incredible.

Speaking of stellar defense, Andrelton's play against the Mets a few days ago is, for my money, the best play of the year so far, ahead of Arenado and Springer.

I think you mean Betts...

Hey, not bad for a waiver SP - I got 3.00 / 1.33/ 8K from Mr. Bauer. He should get the win if relief does their job.

I think you mean Betts...

Hey, not bad for a waiver SP - I got 3.00 / 1.33/ 8K from Mr. Bauer. He should get the win if relief does their job.
No, Springer robbed what would've been a walk-off grand slam on Sunday afternoon.

Mookie's catch was really good too. In general, I'm never too impressed with the "falling out of play" catches, like Arenado's, unless they're really stellar, like Jeter's famous play. Andrelton, though, is just a machine over at short.

Bauer looks pretty good. The whole Tribe rotation, if nothing else, has a lot of upside. Well, except for Kluber, who is established as being great.

That .gif doesn't do Springer justice for how far he ran, either.