Who Do's Tattoos?

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
My father once told me, "Never get a tattoo. People who get tattoos end up in prison." I was always afraid he might be right and therefore never went under the needle.

So my questions are: Who here at MoFo has tattoos? What do they look like?

and

For those of you who aren't illustrated, have you ever considered it? Why didn't you get one?

and

Would you let your children get one? How about piercings?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

No tattoo’s and have no desire for one either…I’ve always been afraid I would get tired of one and then be stuck with it… my ears are pierced, but that is all and I really don’t think all those pierced eyebrows etc. are very attractive… I see a girl around here once in a while that has over half her face pierced… not a pretty sight… .... As far as children, if they were old enough, it’s their choice but I think I would try to talk them out of doing anything major in the beginning…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Never been turned on by body art.
Both my parents have tatts.
I just have one pierced ear that I did cos... not really sure why.

I'm not into either, as I can't think of anything I'd want on my body permanently. Certainly nothing I'd want on there enough to put time, money, and a little pain into it, either. If your body is a temple, then a tattoo is graffiti, and a piercing is hanging a picture with a nail on a really thin wall.

My ear was pierced when I was 15, that is also the time I did two little tatoo's myself with a needle and india ink. I put a cross on the top of my left hand, and the Van Halen logo on my wrist.

I wish I hadn't done those, but fortunately I was pretty wasted, so they aren't to dark. Most people don't notice them unless they look directly at my hand for more than a glance.

BTW, my favorite "look" for a girl is the goth punk look, as long as they're clean and still feminine. Yum.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

No tattoos, never want one, but now I do find tattoos sexy on some people.

I HAVE 2

my first one under my tummy and to the left is an artistic "N" (my name is Nicky) that i designed after i had gone through a really tough time and was able to find myself again....i got it as a reminder of my strength and honour, to never again forget who i am

the second one i got under my arm is a "half heart"....it can either be interpreted as a breaking heart falling apart, or as a mending heart coming together....i have never told anyone which i see it as

i love my tatoos...much thought and soul searching went into both and i wouldn't give em up for anything (wanna see pictures )

I See You When You're Sleeping
Hmm, i've always pondered on having one, but I get really bored easily. I'd have to get something of my own design as i'd feel branded by anything else.

As for piercings, I've thought of getting the eyebrow done but as everyone I know has it done I feel I would lose my identity. I don't mind girls with belly button rings etc, or even nose studs, they're quite cute.

I've had both of my ears pierced before, but I haven't worn earrings in a long time. I don't even know if I could put something in those holes.

i've also got 6 ear-holes (3 on each ear) and a tongue ring

i sound feral, ai? i assure you i'm not...just highly decorated

Originally posted by LordSlaytan
Tongue peircings are sooooo sexy.
oooh, i don't know about that. I would be scared in case it 'got caught' on something if you know what I mean......

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
No tattoos, never want one, but now I do find tattoos sexy on some people.
True. Nothing crazy, though. Some women get something small around the base of their spine, though. I find that oddly appealing.

I sorta thought so, too, but my ex-girlfriend had one and, for the most part, it was so lightweight and surprisingly un-intrusive that I hardly noticed it. They're still strangely cool (I think it's because you can't tell if someone has one just by looking at them), but I don't think I'd ever get one, myself.

i know only too well...and you've either gotta have one or have had someone who has one to know just HOW sexy they are...mark my words everyone, if you get a chance to have a taste, do so for the life experience

yoda, you say an ex had one and you hardly noticed....dude - she didn't know what to do with it!!!!

I think tongue piercings are sexy for the implication of sexual liberation that they portray. Also, oral gratification is better (was that PC enough?).

I think tongue piercings are sexy for the implication of sexual liberation that they portray. Also, oral gratification is better (was that PC enough?).
I suppose that makes sense (the former, I mean), though I think that was more true a few years back than it is now. They're becoming surprisingly common. Piercings used to be an "on the edge" kind of thing, but when it comes to girls my age, they're really not surprising anymore.

And yeah, it's PC enough. I thought it was implied from your original statement anyway, but didn't want to be presumptuous.

Originally posted by n7of9
yoda, you say an ex had one and you hardly noticed....dude - she didn't know what to do with it!!!!
Hmm, I dunno, she was pretty "adept" with it.

Oh, s**t, my mom posts here, doesn't she? It's times like these those Jedi mind tricks come in handy.

Not for me.

I'm all about change and growing. Tattoos lock you in...

How can you know what you think is wicked one day/month/year won't repulse you in the future?

I can come up with, oh, a thousand examples of this that affect me.

If you like 'em get 'em though... I won't judge you on it. Some are really pretty/cool to look at.

Put me in your pocket...
I
Originally posted by Caitlyn
No tattoo’s and have no desire for one either…I’ve always been afraid I would get tired of one and then be stuck with it… my ears are pierced, but that is all and I really don’t think all those pierced eyebrows etc. are very attractive… I see a girl around here once in a while that has over half her face pierced… not a pretty sight… .... As far as children, if they were old enough, it’s their choice but I think I would try to talk them out of doing anything major in the beginning…
I'm with you Cait. I don't have any tattoos, and only have the standard pierced ears. There was a coffee house I used to go to, but I stopped going because all the servers had multiple piercing's in their eyebrows, lips, tongue, nose. It turned my stomach to even want to order anything. If they had done it in moderation I might feel different but.....yuk.

No offense to anyone...but I definately don't find piercing sexy....sorry guys. But whatever floats your boat though.

I do have to admit however.....and I don't normally notice this kind of thing, but....

....once there was a guy who was standing right front of me with a tank top on...and had a beautiful tattoo that went from his shoulder down his back. It looked like a beautiful piece of art, a black and white etching. I kept sneaking peeks... For me, that's the only tattoo I have ever seen that was appealing enough to take another look.

Hmmmmmmm............no tattoos.........

cough.........cough...........I have the pics to prove it........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Originally posted by Nikki
Hmmmmmmm............no tattoos.........

cough.........cough...........I have the pics to prove it........

I was going to come out with a smart comment here but I can't. I don't think there is any need for one.