MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Regular Season

Tools    

I might be interested in that. Got a surplus of hitting and that's even with three starting OFs on the IL. A couple of them might be coming back, so yeah, I'll be in the market for sure.

Glasnow to the IL, probably won't be a minimum stay either. Don't have him in this league but I do have him in my other one (which is a keeper league, too).

What a year, and it's not even halfway done.

Yeah man, I've literally got 6 guys out on my bigger team that I'm running. I'm Somehow still in the top 2 of this crazy 20 team league but not for much longer if I lose anymore guys... yikes.

Unrelated: Great headline from my news feed that could easily be applied to several MLB Teams this year...

Mariners win baseball game, raising possibility that they could win additional games.

Now Harper just went out again. Wow. If I get up this greasy ass ladder and onto the dock where all the 90's players are at? Think I got a pretty fair to middling chance at taking down number 4. This season makes no sense so far, really.

A system of cells interlinked
OK then...let's see if Mondesi can stay active for more than a week this time...

Yep. They took him out as a bit of a precaution after some discomfort, and at least ostensibly that was the same idea here. We'll see. He was absolutely dominating both times they took him out.

Curious about people's thoughts on Glasnow's comments about his injury being at least somewhat caused by the lack of a foreign substance on the ball. Is this the case? Did he go cold turkey too fast without attempting to adjust his grips in a gradual fashion?

I've heard some people mocking the idea, but I don't find it inherently absurd. It doesn't take much, these guys are repeating motions over and over again and I can totally buy that a slight change there could mess them up.

Sad, regardless, but super sad if that's actually why. MLB's really messing with too many things. I actually support them (finally) addressing this, but you can't do it out of nowhere midseason.

I've heard some people mocking the idea, but I don't find it inherently absurd. It doesn't take much, these guys are repeating motions over and over again and I can totally buy that a slight change there could mess them up.

Sad, regardless, but super sad if that's actually why. MLB's really messing with too many things. I actually support them (finally) addressing this, but you can't do it out of nowhere midseason.
He claims he had to dig into the ball more and nest the ball differently on both his fastball and his curve, and when he woke up after the first start post-substance, he "hurt in places he didn't know he had" or something along those lines. He also said his doctor had warned him he would be at risk for injury if he just went cold turkey immediately without adjusting his mechanics more gradually, Of course, for a guy like him, who has been throwing the ball the same way for years and years, I am sure this sounded absurd.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Glasnow to 60 day IL yikes. My team is a walking freak accident. Goes without saying I could use some starting pitching if anyone has some in reserve.

Yeah, as soon as they said partial UCL tear it was inevitable we'd be looking at a couple of months, best-case. The real question is whether he avoids Tommy John and misses a huge chunk of next year.

Damn shame either way. So talented but just hasn't been able to get through a whole season since he figured it out.

Updates:

deGrom, initial tests look good, seemingly no long-term issue.

Bregman: Baker says he expects him to be out "for a while."

Just absolutely relentless.

Well, at least they put Bregman on the IL already. Sometimes they make you wait until the evening and you can't pick someone up in time.

1st, 3rd, and 4th rounders all on the IL. Duffy too, who wasn't drafted but was, I think, leading the league in ERA when we went down.

The trick is not minding
It’s looks like Pitt and Arizona are waging a private battle to see who loses the most. They have lost 10 and 14 games in a row, respectively

The trick is not minding
Good. Pirates should absolutely be tanking right now.
Who are you eying for their draft?

I remember when I lived in Pitt, they were a decent team. And that wasn’t even that long ago.

The Mariners and the Pirates should be deleted from MLB. You'd be hard pressed to name one other MLB team that has had a more futile existence than either of those two franchises. How many real MLB teams have had good players go down to injury because they are forced to face these organizations? They are wearing MLB uniforms of course, but clearly are not MLB teams. Sometimes they even have real players on their rosters but those players will either get hurt or get out of town as soon as their indentured servitude is up after 5 years.

The one thing I have never faulted A-rod for was that he forced the M's to pay him a million bucks as soon as they drafted him. He didn't want to come to a loser organization and I respected him for that. Even back then we were kind of good but they never really committed to winning and A-rod knew it. So, he made them pay up for wasting his time on an organization that doesn't really care about him.

That kid in Pittsburgh is going thru this right now. I bet he didn't get an extra million bucks for his 4 or 5 years that he has to stay with the Pirates until he can move on, providing he's still healthy of course, either. These 2 teams are just taking up space at this point and I really believe they are weakening the MLB. But what do I know?