Most UNIQUE Movie You've Seen?

Tools    

I think I remember this film.
I always had memories of a film where Rip Torn plays a psychiatrist, a movie that was around when I was a kid... unless it's something else, this has to be it!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think I remember this film.
I always had memories of a film where Rip Torn plays a psychiatrist, a movie that was around when I was a kid... unless it's something else, this has to be it!

Yup, and records all his encounters!

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)

The dialogue is all sung...which works beautifully to tell the tale of a once in a lifetime romance that's doomed by circumstances. Not only a very unique film but a wonderful Foreign Language film.

The Platform (2019). One of the most unique thrillers I've ever seen.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Blind (2014) -- it's best not to say anything about it, because you can always read if you want, but you should check this out. It's in Norwegian.

Star Wars

It changed everything. No one had seen a film that did what it did, the way that it did up to that point. In '77 it was like being there. It woke everyone up. Directors like Scott and Cameron were forced to take notice and evolve their ambitions. It set the bar.

Irreversible
The Artist

Kenneth Anger's 1954 short film Inauguration of the Please Dome. A wild 35-40 minute experience, loved every minute of it and I have no clue what it's about. Highly recommended!

Star Wars

It changed everything. No one had seen a film that did what it did, the way that it did up to that point. In '77 it was like being there. It woke everyone up. Directors like Scott and Cameron were forced to take notice and evolve their ambitions. It set the bar.
On this note, I'd have to mention both 2001 A Space Odyssey (1968) - as ground-breaking on several levels and unique even among the most original sci-fi movies that preceded it, and its Russian "cousin" (if you don't mind me calling it that)... Solaris (1972)

As far as unique goes, I don't think much compares to almost 5 minutes of traffic on a highway as somehow possibly representing space travel (or something)!