Clerks 3

Tools    

Clerks 3 is due at some stage and it does look like this is going ahead but I am unsure if I really want to see or am all that bothered by a third one. There was nothing wrong with Clerks 2 but I don't think it would have been such a bad thing to only have one Clerks film.

I can see where the story is going with Dante & Becky getting married but I can also see that the Veronica character from the original Clerks is in it and I worry it will simply be a film where Dante has to choose again who he wants to be with.

That being said on March 8, 2013 Kevin Smith posted a photo of the cover of the first draft of Clerks III. The caption read: "THE BEGINNING OF THE END. 20 years ago today, we started shooting CLERKS. 20 years later, with no plan or provocation, I jumped out of bed at 4:20 this morning and started writing CLERKS III. It's been like hanging out with old friends. And after 2 hours of tapping the keys and giggling, I have come to a conclusion... CLERKS III will be the best film I'll ever make."

Clerks 3 is due at some stage and it does look like this is going ahead but I am unsure if I really want to see or am all that bothered by a third one. There was nothing wrong with Clerks 2 but I don't think it would have been such a bad thing to only have one Clerks film.

I can see where the story is going with Dante & Becky getting married but I can also see that the Veronica character from the original Clerks is in it and I worry it will simply be a film where Dante has to choose again who he wants to be with.

That being said on March 8, 2013 Kevin Smith posted a photo of the cover of the first draft of Clerks III. The caption read: "THE BEGINNING OF THE END. 20 years ago today, we started shooting CLERKS. 20 years later, with no plan or provocation, I jumped out of bed at 4:20 this morning and started writing CLERKS III. It's been like hanging out with old friends. And after 2 hours of tapping the keys and giggling, I have come to a conclusion... CLERKS III will be the best film I'll ever make."

I hate when people have to always throw up the 420 thing in odd places. We get it. You approve of marijuana.

I don't get the usage of the term 420 any more tbh...

For instance, Kevin Smith himself using that term...

Ok, Kev... were you in High School in San Rafael, California, in 1971?

No... you weren't... in 1971 you were living in New Jersey and were still crapping in your nappy.

The first Clerks was a classic. The second Clerks was fair with a few funny moments and done, in my opinion, because the first film received good reviews and got fans. Yes , it has now become a trilogy", making the third what he's calling the "Return of the Jedi of the whole thing". Which to me, Return of the Jedi was the worst of the the original Star Wars trilogy... so go figure.

I haven't read any news of it supposedly trying to go for the three dimensional route but if they go that direction, they will not only ruin the whole so called Clerks franchise but I will turn away from Kevin Smith completely.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Black and white, that soundtrack, and Randall. I cannot tell you how much I have championed that movie and Kevin Smith in my lifetime. Everything after that has been different and not as good.

It's like Trailer Park Boys. The way they shoot it looks low budget, the characters look and act low budget (Noodles you beast) and it works. It just seems like Kevin Smith can afford Paul Varvatos, but he shouldn't wear it.

Even though Tusk has flopped at the box office, I still want to see it but I'm waiting for it to show a theatre that's closer to me, and because of the publicity the movie generated, Clerks III got the funding that it needed.

Kevin Smith wins!

If this does go to 3D I just hope Smith has the foresight to make a standard version, I went to see my first 3D film a few months ago and it has really put me off them.

Does anyone else feel though the Clerks 2 was a bit to big budget and took a bit of the charm that was in Clerks away?

''You're a big man but you're out of shape!''
I'd rather see Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back II. I liked the first Clerks and I saw Clerks 2 but to be honest both of them did not rock my world, but Jay & Silent Bob, Mallrats did.

Smith is still a relevant filmmaker?
I guess it depends on your perspective but I would say yes. It may have come out along time ago but Smith's "Red State" was a wonderful film that told an amazing story.

Clerks is my favourite comedy of all time. Clerks 2 was funny, but of course not as good as first one. If third movie is even just a little bit worst than second still it should be very watchable and funny movie, if you like Kevin Smith movies in general.

Kevin Smith confirmed today on his Instagram that Clerks 3 is happening with all the original cast, including Jeff Anderson who initially refused to reprise his role as Randal, to return!

He said the same thing back in 2014, but I think this time it's really going to happen.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...175411219.html
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Haha yeah I remember some of the interviews surrounding Clerks 2 were about Jeff Anderson not wanting to keep doing this character

It's Only Weird If You Make It Weird
I love Dante and Randal so much.

But this has been announced so often I can't get excited yet. I'm very happy with how they ended Clerks 2 so I don't mind if it ever happens really.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Randal was great. I'm not surprised to see he was based on Bryan Johnson.