Brazil and Portugal
1.96%
1 votes
India
9.80%
5 votes
Other countries
51 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I guess Mr.Minio is the one from the Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic option. Who is the other person from Brazil and Portugal and Italy though? I get why this thread was created though, it's clearly so you can say this site is too western, that's clearly why nobody likes all the films i do

I guess Mr.Minio is the one from the Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic option. Who is the other person from Brazil and Portugal and Italy though? I get why this thread was created though, it's clearly so you can say this site is too western, that's clearly why nobody likes all the films i do
All English language forums are dominated by Westerners, but in this case the domination by the US/UK is huge. Note that Europe and South America are western too.

In a history forum that I participate, the users came from a huge variety of countries, including Syria, Mexico, Egypt, South Korea, Iran, India, etc. I was under the initial impression that in this forum this might have been the same.

Given that the forum's language is English, it would be quite surprising if it weren't dominated by countries where English is the most common language.

You can, of course, stereotype every which way. Are Westerners more likely to like English-language films? Yes. Are non-Westerners more likely to disparage them? Yes. Neither generalization is particularly useful.

In a history forum that I participate, the users came from a huge variety of countries, including Syria, Mexico, Egypt, South Korea, Iran, India, etc. I was under the initial impression that in this forum this might have been the same.
The majority of MoFos are from primarily English speaking nations. You did not need to create a poll to find this out. Please either accept it and stop bitching about it (and bringing it up every other post or so) or GTFO.

Yeah, the constant stereotyping and condescending is getting old. You can do it in reverse, too, but most of us are reasonable enough to realize that it's a pretty facile way to respond to different people.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This isn't a restricted site. Anyone who types in movie forums on their search engine will find it. The question is how many people from these other countries visit the site, and if there are several, why don't they post? Of course, if they're there but don't tell us, we're left not knowing why. I'm not really into jumping to conclusions, although I do sometimes, but it's rarely concerning a "conspiracy" or some such thing. I think people here watch movies for a variety of reasons but none of them are sinister; at least I think so.

The majority of MoFos are from primarily English speaking nations. You did not need to create a poll to find this out. Please either accept it and stop bitching about it (and bringing it up every other post or so) or GTFO.
Good Lord, you're harsh.

Miss Vicky's gonna sic her rottweiler on Guaporense and anyone else who rubs her the wrong way.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	rottweiler_muscles.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	10729  

MoFo is an American site... so the bet is it will be based on the English language and have a high following of Hollywood and British films.

If there was a movie forum out there based in the German language, I'd say that a good percentage of the members are, shock horror, German and would have a relatively high following of German films, there's bound to be a few English speaking people from English speaking Countries on those sites, just not as many as German speaking members.

It's like saying curry recipe websites will be dominated solely by Indians.

Europeans and South Americans can speak English but I'd say probably don't most of the time, especially when at home. It's only in Hollywood that German Officers in their submarines speak English to one another... or Mexican Cowboys in the Wild West speak English while alone.

Sites based on different things like History or, IDK, Geography or Philosophy or whatever... well...

That's a completely different medium... I've been a member of a CB forum... yes I still use a CB Radio, it's for when the Zombie Apocalypse happens...

... and I'd say 90% of the guys on there are from France and Germany, Denmark, Austria and as far as Russia and so on... i.e. non-English speaking Countries.