What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Picked up Napoleon (1927) on Laserdisc, Coppola won't release a Blu-ray version because the rights and what not

Another film that didn't get a DVD release Gandahar Glen Close does the american voice over work in the lead little pricey but I think it has value and it's animated which tends to look good on Laserdisc.

Today, I went to a store called The Beat Goes On and bought some used dvds and blu rays. I got:

blu ray:
The Avengers
The Jackal

dvd:
Film Noir Classic Collection Volume 3 (includes Border Incident, His Kind of Woman, Lady in the Lake, On Dangerous Ground, The Racket)
The Italian Job (1969)
The Last Samurai
Memoirs of a Geisha
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Tom Hanks Comedy Collection (includes The Money Pit, The Burbs, Dragnet)
The Way We Were

I went to The Beat Goes On today and got some new used movies. I got:

blu ray:
Nerve
Think Like a Man
Trouble With the Curve
3 Mel Brooks favourites (includes Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, and Robin Hood Men in Tights)

dvd:
Don Knotts reluctant hero pack (includes The Ghost and Mr Chicken, The Reluctant Astronaut, The Shakiest Gun in the West, The Love God?)

Eleven movies discounted at Walgreens worked out to just under $55. So $5 per movie, which is not bad especially considering the first one is from the Criterion Collection. Reached my photos limit, but I also bought American Pastoral.

I got some used dvds today. I got:

The Cardinal (2 disc special edition)
The One (special edition)
Serenity (2 disc collector's edition)
Serpico
Sexy Beast
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (special collector's edition)

I got some used dvds today. I got:

The Cardinal (2 disc special edition)
The One (special edition)
Serenity (2 disc collector's edition)
Serpico
Sexy Beast
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (special collector's edition)
I love Sexy Beast.

The mall reopened here today and I went and bought 3 film noir blu ray box sets. I got the Kino Lorber film noir dark side of cinema volumes 2, 3, and 4 sets today.

The Killer (Woo, 1989) because it's not streaming anywhere and it's a must-own. It's not the ultra-rare Criterion one, unfortunately.
I didn't buy it, though, I got it from SwapADVD, a service that lets you exchange DVDs with other members. Their inventory isn't the best - it's not the best place to look for rarities - but sometimes, you'll get lucky.

I got the Carole Lombard collection volume 1 blu ray box set today. It includes Fast and Loose, Man of the World, and No Man of Her Own. I also got the Forbidden Fruit Golden Age of the Exploitation Picture volumes 4 and 6. Volume 4 has Marihuana and Narcotic. Volume 6 has She Should’a Said No and The Devil’s Sleep.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Speaking of ruffled feathers, I saw this today and thought of @Chypmunk for talking so much smack about Howard last time I mentioned the movie. 4k buddeh.

Then I saw the .....steelbook version sitting next to it, fwend.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210706_143528.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	79172   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210706_143614.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	79173  

Speaking of ruffled feathers, I saw this today and thought of @Chypmunk for talking so much smack about Howard last time I mentioned the movie. 4k buddeh.

Then I saw the .....steelbook version sitting next to it, fwend.
An excellent find Sir, a fabulous piece of cinematic entertainment .... though swapping four thousand bills for just the one doesn't really seem like the best deal in the world to me.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
An excellent find Sir, a fabulous piece of cinematic entertainment .... though swapping four thousand bills for just the one doesn't really seem like the best deal in the world to me.

Bills. lol.