Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Einstein’s God Model (2016)
Was looking forward to watching this, as I love the subject matter. But it was a disappointment. The overall plot seemed good, and the experimental physics was pretty close to contemporary thinking. Yet because of the amateurish production and acting, it didn't sustain my interest. Unhappily I bailed after 20 minutes or so...

Was looking forward to watching this, as I love the subject matter. But it was a disappointment. The overall plot seemed good, and the experimental physics was pretty close to contemporary thinking. Yet because of the amateurish production and acting, it didn't sustain my interest. Unhappily I bailed after 20 minutes or so...
I would mostly agree, the physics was fine but the rest of it left a lot to be desired. Also I didn’t really like the ‘look’ of it for some reason, the colour scheme etc. I did finish it, though, it’s one of those that people talk about as having a heart, but that sure didn’t help matters much.

Pieces of a Woman (2020)

It’s the sort of thing you feel a bit guilty about not liking as much as perhaps you should have. Agree with everyone who argued the opening sequence utterly overshadowed the rest of the film. I find it very sad that it had such potential and didn’t do much with it. But I doubt that’s really anything to do with quality, it’s just that no aftermath can match the kind of tragedy the opening sequence portrays. Almost wish this was a short, ironically, opening sequence, then cut.

Today I'm mad, and I don't know why, it doesn't happen often.
"If someone gives you lemons make lemonade."
Will get the DVD out of the box, otherwise I'd not get the chance.
I've read the book, but seeing in different from imagining.

Today I'm mad, and I don't know why, it doesn't happen often.
"If someone gives you lemons make lemonade."
Will get the DVD out of the box, otherwise I'd not get the chance.
I've read the book, but seeing in different from imagining.
Oh wow. Always fun to see someone watch that for the first time.

The Father (2020)

I seem to know everything about it by now from fellow aficionados, but still very much looking forward to it. The big screen, too. Still not quite used to it being back.
I actually really loved that, which I didn’t expect. Would be interesting to see this internalised approach to mental illness and such.