Your own Film festival

Tools    

I wonder if Woody Allen made ever a film including Mia Farrow and Diane Keaton putting them to act together in the same film... .....
Maybe he did ....

I wonder if Woody Allen made ever a film including Mia Farrow and Diane Keaton putting them to act together in the same film... .....
Maybe he did ....

I don't believe he did. Diane Keaton had to back out of Midsummer Sex Comedy so he used Mia Farrow (who he was dating at the time) to play her part. He stuck with Mia after that.

At least Keaton and Allen remained friends..... Mia acted more emotionally and dragged him into that latest scandal.
He gave her though a bunch of roles and made her pretty famous....

The Killer Objects Film Festival featuring:

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! (1978)
Rubber (2010)
Killer Piñata (2015)
Attack of the Killer Donuts (2016)
Killer Sofa (2019)
Slaxx (2019)

I'd definitely create a movie festival sometime and I would call it Films with Great Actors Playing Idiot Roles

Johnny English (2003)

Dumb and Dumber (1994)

The Ridiculous 6 (2015)

I'm probably in the wrong thread, but if you watch The Flesh and The Fiends (1960) followed by The Body Snatcher (1945), they work very well as a prequel/sequel. F&F is about Dr Knox, Burke and Hare, all of whom are referenced in TBS. I've done this a couple of times. Fun.

Ten from Scandanavia

Viewed from 10 to 1

1. Scenes from a Marriage (1973–1975)

PG | 283 min | Drama

Rate

Ten years within the marriage of Marianne and Johan.
Stars: Liv Ullmann, Erland Josephson, Bibi Andersson, Gunnel Lindblom
Votes: 14,759

2. The Hunt (2012)

R | 115 min | Drama

Rate

77 Metascore
A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie.
Director: Thomas Vinterberg | Stars: Mads Mikkelsen, Thomas Bo Larsen, Annika Wedderkopp, Lasse Fogelstrøm

3. Ordet (1955)

Not Rated | 126 min | Drama

Rate

Follows the lives of the Borgen family, as they deal with inner conflict, as well as religious conflict with each other, and the rest of the town.
Director: Carl Theodor Dreyer | Stars: Henrik Malberg, Emil Hass Christensen, Preben Lerdorff Rye, Hanne Aagesen

4. The Sacrifice (1986)

PG | 149 min | Drama

Rate

At the dawn of World War III, a man searches for a way to restore peace to the world and finds he must give something in return.
Director: Andrei Tarkovsky | Stars: Erland Josephson, Susan Fleetwood, Allan Edwall, Guðrún Gísladóttir

5. The Phantom Carriage (1921)

Not Rated | 107 min | Drama, Fantasy, Horror

Rate

On New Year's Eve, the driver of a ghostly carriage forces a drunken man to reflect on his selfish, wasted life.
Director: Victor Sjöström | Stars: Victor Sjöström, Hilda Borgström, Tore Svennberg, Astrid Holm
Votes: 10,984

6. The Celebration (1998)

R | 105 min | Drama

Rate

82 Metascore
At Helge's 60th birthday party, some unpleasant family truths are revealed.
Director: Thomas Vinterberg | Stars: Ulrich Thomsen, Henning Moritzen, Thomas Bo Larsen, Paprika Steen
Votes: 79,675 | Gross: $1.65M

7. Dogville (2003)

R | 178 min | Crime, Drama

Rate

60 Metascore
A woman on the run from the mob is reluctantly accepted in a small Colorado community in exchange for labor, but when a search visits the town she finds out that their support has a price.
Director: Lars von Trier | Stars: Nicole Kidman, Paul Bettany, Lauren Bacall, Harriet Andersson

8. Let the Right One In (2008)

R | 114 min | Crime, Drama, Fantasy

Rate

82 Metascore
Oskar, an overlooked and bullied boy, finds love and revenge through Eli, a beautiful but peculiar girl.
Director: Tomas Alfredson | Stars: Kåre Hedebrant, Lina Leandersson, Per Ragnar, Henrik Dahl
Votes: 207,063 | Gross: $2.12M

9. Lilya 4-Ever (2002)

R | 109 min | Crime, Drama

Rate

82 Metascore
Sixteen-year-old Lilja and her only friend, the young boy Volodja, live in Russia, fantasizing about a better life. One day, Lilja falls in love with Andrej, who is going to Sweden, and invites Lilja to come along and start a new life.
Director: Lukas Moodysson | Stars: Oksana Akinshina, Artyom Bogucharskiy, Pavel Ponomaryov, Lyubov Agapova
Votes: 43,162 | Gross: $0.18M

10. Babette's Feast (1987)

G | 103 min | Drama

Rate

78 Metascore
During the late 19th century, a strict religious community in a Danish village takes in a French refugee from the Franco-Prussian War as a servant to the late pastor's daughters.
Director: Gabriel Axel | Stars: Stéphane Audran, Bodil Kjer, Birgitte Federspiel, Jarl Kulle