Joe Jackson dead at 89

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Joseph "Joe" Jackson, the patriarch who launched the musical Jackson family dynasty, died Wednesday in a Las Vegas hospital, a source close to the family tells CNN.

He was 89.

Article Here

Suspect's Reviews

Paris's 'Instagram' post in regard to this, doesn't bother me (and shouldn't bother anyone.) To them (as in MJ's kids), he was their tender, loving Grandparent who cared for them.

She didn't know him the way Michael knew him. He was a monster.

Saw the IG posts from both Paris & Prince. They obviously know him as very different person and maybe he really has changed after all these years?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Real piece of **** along with most of his family.

Been waiting before posting in this one to see what others said first.

Turns out most people think the same as me.

Dude was a total ******* bully.
Abused his kids, hit them with sticks if they didn't dance right, emotional abuse about their looks.

Ok he shaped the band into something special, but the cost it had on his children is simply unforgivable... he took their personalities, their development as human beings, their self-respect, their vanity and their sanity and flushed it all down the toilet to make himself rich.
He won't be missed.

Joe introduced the world to his talented kids. If it weren't for his efforts, there would be no Jackson 5, Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, and Janet Jackson. And considering that The Jackson 5 mean so much for the generation that grew up in the 70's, and that Michael Jackson, specifically, means so much for my generation that grew up in the 80's and well into the 90's, I must say this man deserves our respect.

Sure he was a flawed individual, but who doesn't have flaws?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
”Your actions are your legacy. Act beautifully at all times. There is a beauty in disobedience. There is a beauty in rebellion. There is a beauty in rage. There is no beauty in malice. Violence consumes all equally. However, the good earn the tears of others. Do good.”

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I wonder if he thought about it on his deathbed or simply palmed it off as 'just a smack'.

Joe introduced the world to his talented kids. If it weren't for his efforts, there would be no Jackson 5, Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, and Janet Jackson. And considering that The Jackson 5 mean so much for the generation that grew up in the 70's, and that Michael Jackson, specifically, means so much for my generation that grew up in the 80's and well into the 90's, I must say this man deserves our respect.

Sure he was a flawed individual, but who doesn't have flaws?
Not to knock you (or be rude), but you're so far removed from the reality of this.

He was beyond flawed. To reiterate my statement: he was a monster.

It was much further than just routine beatings. Michael and the rest of the siblings couldn't even call him "Dad." He treated them like tools (in a sense), leaving Michael in an empty and confusing world at such an early age. It was daily psychological and emotional abuse that WAS NOT worth what we (the fans) garnered in return. No, we shouldn't respect him. He deserves the latter in large quantities.

Even after his son's passing, he acted like a rotten business man (as per usual.)
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

You can't win an argument just by being right!
How did he behave as a rotten businessman CYN? I don't remember.

I think he means the guy was more about fame than actually saying something nice about his deceased son.

Watching that video, he just talking about how loved the family are around the world, and how wonderful it is to see all the fans, that it took Michael's death for people to come out and see the family.

His speech is all about having fans and fame and fortune, and even plugging his new record company, and not about Michael's passing.