Paths of Glory
Il Grido
Le Notti Bianche
The Nights of Cabiria
Sweet Smell of Success
Throne of Blood
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

This might just do nobody any good.
Another day, another reminder to watch A Face in the Crowd.

As it stands, my favorite is Paths of Glory.

Of the films that Matt posted,

I've Seen these:

Sweet Smell of Success...in my Top 10 A Face In The Crowd...could be in my Top 10
Paths of Glory...
Appreciated the cinematography
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison...
love this one, great story
12 Angry Men...use to think highly of it, now I don'tWild Strawberries...didn't care for it, so far I haven't liked any of Bergman's films

I haven't seen these:
The Seventh Seal
Throne of Blood
The Cranes Are Flying
Il Grido
Le Notti Bianche
The Nights of Cabiria

A quick list of some of my favorite films from 1957. In no particular order.

Witness for the Prosecution Both the prosecution and defense arguments are verbose, let balanced and believable.

An Affair to Remember Because romance is a good thing and when it's on a sea cruise with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant it's all the better.

Sweet Smell of Success It's in my Top 10!

The Incredible Shrinking Man One of the great existential, first person narrative sci-fi films. The giant spider battle is cool too!

Peyton Place Yeah it's a soap opera, deal with it!

A Face in the Crowd A film about a loud mouth ego manic hell bent on becoming President. I swear if only all Americans would have watched this, then Mexicans wouldn't have their children heartlessly being taken from them at the border.

The Enemy Below Good submarine war film with Robert Mitchum. This is a movie for us guys!

Silk Stockings One of my favorite musicals with the great Fred Astaire, the talented dancer Cyd Charisse and Peter Lorre.

The Pajama Game Love this musical movie adaptation of the stage play. And it has one of my all time fav actresses, Doris Day!

Attack of the Crab Monsters I love these B sci fi horror films and Roger Corman made the best ones.Tele-kinetic giant crabs, oh yeah!

Abandon Ship Also in my Top 10! I think a LOT of people would love this if only they had seen it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I haven't seen these:
The Seventh Seal
Throne of Blood
The Cranes Are Flying
Il Grido
Le Notti Bianche
The Nights of Cabiria

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Paths of Glory
12 Angry Men
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Witness for the Prosecution
Love in the Afternoon
Gunfight at the O.K. Corral
He Who Must Die
Don Quixote
Wild Strawberries
The Seventh Seal
The Cranes Are Flying
Throne of Blood'
What's Opera, Doc?
Edge of the City
Abandon Ship
Sweet Smell of Success
Sayonara
A Face in the Crowd
Peyton Place
Pal Joey
Funny Face
The Tin Star
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison
The Enemy Below
Designing Woman
Desk Set
Man of a Thousand Faces

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
The Bridge on the River Kwai
12 Angry Men
Nights of Cabiria
Paths of Glory
Sweet Smell of Success
An Affair to Remember

Attack of the Crab Monsters I love these B sci fi horror films and Roger Corman made the best ones.Tele-kinetic giant crabs, oh yeah!

I haven't seen this but I've got it now!

My personal favorite for 1957 would be, I'm pretty sure, The Bridge on the River Kwai.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Of the films that Matt posted,

I haven't seen these:
The Seventh Seal
Throne of Blood
The Cranes Are Flying
Il Grido
Le Notti Bianche
The Nights of Cabiria

The Seventh Seal is Bergman, and the rest are foreign.. If you liked "La Strada" you might like "The Nights of Cabiria" - same pair (Fellini directing, and his wife, Giulieta Masina, starring)

The Seventh Seal is Bergman, and the rest are foreign.. If you liked "La Strada" you might like "The Nights of Cabiria" - same pair (Fellini directing, and his wife, Giulieta Masina, starring)
I'd like to see all of those that I haven't seen, especially La Strada I know you love it and I've liked all of the Fellini I've seen so far.

I haven't seen this but I've got it now!
It has the Professor from Gillian's Island in it, Russell Johnson, it's cool to see him stuck on another island

Robert Mitchum, cool! I didn't know about this movie, I'll add it to my Watchlist.. Thanks!
I guess no one read my post from yesterday
A quick list of some of my favorite films from 1957. In no particular order.

Witness for the Prosecution Both the prosecution and defense arguments are verbose, let balanced and believable.

An Affair to Remember Because romance is a good thing and when it's on a sea cruise with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant it's all the better.

Sweet Smell of Success It's in my Top 10!

The Incredible Shrinking Man One of the great existential, first person narrative sci-fi films. The giant spider battle is cool too!

Peyton Place Yeah it's a soap opera, deal with it!

A Face in the Crowd A film about a loud mouth ego manic hell bent on becoming President. I swear if only all Americans would have watched this, then Mexicans wouldn't have their children heartlessly being taken from them at the border.

The Enemy Below Good submarine war film with Robert Mitchum. This is a movie for us guys!

Silk Stockings One of my favorite musicals with the great Fred Astaire, the talented dancer Cyd Charisse and Peter Lorre.

The Pajama Game Love this musical movie adaptation of the stage play. And it has one of my all time fav actresses, Doris Day!

Abandon Ship Also in my Top 10! I think a LOT of people would love this if only they had seen it.