Morgan Freeman accused of sexual harassment

Tools    

Does anybody else besides me think that God MIGHT BE NEXT?!

I mean, the next man to be accused of sexual harassment.

Why not?

God sees everything, right? Voyeur! He (or even SHE) spies on EVERYBODY when they're naked, right? When Bill Cosby was drugging and raping women, God stood in the shadows and watched. Peeper!

Then there's the whole strange thing where God created our bodies (in his image!), touching us all. What an obsession!

If Morgan Freeman can be guilty, then I think God could very well be next to be accused.
Mary has a pretty good case against Jehovah. It even resulted in an unwanted pregnancy!

Mary has a pretty good case against Jehovah. It even resulted in an unwanted pregnancy!
Dang, I should read the whole thread first - I got beat out on this joke TWICE before I posted it!
Apologies to mark & cat.

Let me give you one -- he has a penis.

And I'm giving you an idea, not a penis.
OK, I'll bite (not his penis).

Why does him having a wang make him a target disassembly?

Not saying he's innocent here, but humor me.

And I'm giving you an idea, not a penis.
He has a penis... and money.
That's very important (and I'm not trying to judge one way or the other).
But men who engage in sexual misconduct and have no money or power tend to be reported to the authorities quickly or not at all.

Of course there's the flip side: that men with power, wealth or authority can use those things to coerce with promises of advancement or money in exchange for compliance, acquiescence or silence. Or can use those advantages to intimidate or blackmail by threatening to withhold advancement, ruin the victim's reputation or ability to find employment.

LMAO, where did this part even come from?

It's just thrown in without saying who said it or how they came to the conclusion that's the problem. They even offer another reason males aren't taking jobs further down except the source of the comment is actually revealed and it's someone who would be familiar with these issues:
There have been similar news about Sweden in Finnish newspapers not too long ago. It's just too easy to blame men for sexual harassment or rape when 1) everyone automatically believes you and 2) there's practically no punishment even if the allegations are deemed false in court. There have been many false rape reports done by begrudged ex-girlfriends and, in my opinion, a false accusation should result in same punishment as the accused crime does.

Another issue I have is that on the other hand women demand equality but still expect men to handle them differently. Why are dirty jokes or looking at a cleavage / butt considered sexual harassment these days? Or why is it OK for women to say "men under 6 feet don't need to bother" but it's sexist and wrong for man to say "women with BMI above X don't need to bother" when looking for a date?

My mother worked most of her life in a theater (not acting though) and according to her there always was ton of sexist jokes, slapping the butt, hugging, etc. and she doesn't consider that an issue at all (she retired couple of years ago). In her opinion it's part of the environment and she sees nothing wrong about it. Why have women suddenly become so fragile (or empowered, as they tend to say) that every man needs to be on their toes to not accidentally harass them?

P.S. This isn't about Freeman case exactly but more general. Like 99.9% percent of the people I don't know enough about Freeman case to make actual comments about it.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
It isn't all of a sudden. Check your own sexual harassment in the workforce legislation. It's all of a sudden in the film industry. And you can quit the generalizations. I for one think it's just as bad when a male employee feels picked on or otherwise harassed in the workforce.

Dang, I should read the whole thread first - I got beat out on this joke TWICE before I posted it!
Apologies to mark & cat.
Yeah that would probably come handy, or at least know how far the current allegations against him go back. Camo pointed out it was 2012, not 2000odd years ago.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
God sees everything, right? Voyeur! He (or even SHE) spies on EVERYBODY when they're naked, right? When Bill Cosby was drugging and raping women, God stood in the shadows and watched. Peeper!
But did he jerk off to it? PERVERT!
It's either he fell into disfavour of Hollywood's scientologist section, or its feminist section. What if both?!
Morgan didn't even deny it guys. He used the old i didn't realize what i was doing was wrong defence.
Once I too hugged a girl when she didn't want it! I thought she did! If I ever get famous she could use it against me! Guys, I think I'm a monster.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

where do you think snow comes from?
Snow crystals are born in the clouds when water vapor freezes on a particle of dust, a floating bit of bacteria, or another solid material. When cloud temperatures are at the freezing point or below, and there is an ample supply of moisture in the air, ice crystals form around a core particle. As water vapor condenses and freezes, the complex pattern of a snowflake is born, one molecule at a time. A snowflake's hexagonal shape is born at the atomic level. It is here that water molecules bond together into stable crystal structures.
Although the spunk explanation isn't bad either.
Somehow im not even mad

Not for the gals that were drugged and raped by this gentleman while God watched.
Fix'd.

My mother worked most of her life in a theater (not acting though) and according to her there always was ton of sexist jokes, slapping the butt, hugging, etc. and she doesn't consider that an issue at all (she retired couple of years ago). In her opinion it's part of the environment and she sees nothing wrong about it.
There were plenty of slaves that rationalized their slavery as well. This is nothing new. And what you dont take into account are the many many silent women who did NOT appreciate the dirty jokes and ass grabs and harassing behavior no matter if your mom was ok with it. And understand Im old enough to have worked in environments where I too considered certain activities just "normal" and not a big deal. I cringe now at some of the things that went on that I didnt even blink at then. So theres always a learning curve. And I think the reason we see so many celebrities and people in power still acting in many of these ways is because, in their position, theres never really been a serious push back and a time for them to reassess whats decent and whats not. So they are just operating under old rules for the most part. There are some monsters out there but I think most of these cases are coddled powerful people who have always operated a certain way. Not sure if that describes Freeman but I wouldnt be surprised.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Wonder how many other big names are ****ting themselves that they will be next.

What baffles me about a lot of these cases is that these are rich guys, so why not just use high end prostitutes instead of sleezing around co-workers and the like.

Wonder how many other big names are ****ting themselves that they will be next.

What baffles me about a lot of these cases is that these are rich guys, so why not just use high end prostitutes instead of sleezing around co-worker
s and the like.

Good question, but you're obviously a normal guy wh doesn't get off on predatory behaviour Gandalf. It wasn't the sex people like that want but the power they hold over others. What shtz me more is that people like Oprah, the so called champion of women, is still silent about her good friend, Harvey. She's a hypocrite. I didn't like her before and I like her less now.

Edit to add I am not saying Morgan is like that. I don't know what went on there.I thought I was in the Harvey thread.

You know what? Who cares?

They'll be sure to trainwreck his life, career and legacy, and at the end of the day, they were uncomfortable for a few seconds (if it's even a thing - which I suppose we'll hear all about soon enough).

As long as it's not a serial rapist scenario like Theodore Huxtable..I really could care less if Morgan smacked a few asses along the way. If it's only that, who cares? I understand some people don;t like that. OK, fine. Address the issue. But this current state of witch hunting and damning people so quickly, and snowballing things into something they are not is an uglier thing than an awkward display of interest.

Joel, just answer this, who is 'they'? CNN went after this.

If someone at your workplace in a higher position was making things uncomfortable for you, are you happy about your country's legislation that protects you? This is all noise at the moment, just like it was for Michael Douglas. I do recall that was an investigation started by one of the investigators as well, the same with Geoffrey rush. He took it immediately to the Supreme Court here against the tabloid, not the anonymous accuser.