Perfect Casting

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Anyways, how about Mark Ruffalo as Peter Falk as Columbo?

Next: Woody Guthrie.

I know David Carradine played Guthrie in Bound to Glory, but I would like to offer for your consideration as Woody Guthrie:

Tom Hiddleston...he made a decent Hank Williams I think he could handle Guthrie too.

Next:

Peter O'Toole

Peter can be played by his son Lorcan

Next: Gene Kelly
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Isabella played her mother and other film figures including Alfred Hitchcock in the Guy Madden-directed short My Dad is 100 Years Old. She also played a sort of '40s version of her, or at least her type, in the "Tales from the Crypt" episode "You, Murderer" where she and John Lithgow interact with a character who we see through his eyes as the camera, and in reflections is revealed as Humphrey Bogart through using old film clips and stills.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Excellent call on Joseph Gordon Levitt as Gene Kelly, I was really having trouble with that one:

For your consideration as Cal Ripken Jr:

Woody Harrelson

Next:

Zero Mostel

At first I said to myself: there is no one who can play the iconic Ginger Rogers. Well, maybe it's a little bit of a stretch but there's a similarity in the eyes - and the fun loving but sweet girl next door appeal

Cyndi Lauper

Next:
DeForest Kelley

If you don't mind stepping back in a time machine, I would choose this handsome guy to play the previous equally handsome guy:
Morgan Freeman

Next: Rod Serling