Partimus' Top 100 (whether you want it or not)

→ in
Tools    

OK, so here is my top 100 list. Let me start by saying that I will be listing them in no particular order, as I'm far too lazy to be bothered with arranging them like that Also, I'm sure I'll get more than a few puzzled expressions as you read them, but hey it's all about me here right? So read them if you like, comment if you feel so inclined, and love them all because I say so

I'll add them in chunks of 10 or so at a time so please show a little patience. I will eventually have 100, honest! Let the games begin!
  • This is Spinal Tap (1984)
Marty DiBergi: It's very pretty.
Nigel Tufnel: Yeah, I've been fooling around with it for a few months.
Marty DiBergi: It's a bit of a departure from what you normally play.
Nigel Tufnel: It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it, and I don't know why.
Marty DiBergi: It's very nice.
Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of...
Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".
  • Army of Darkness (1992)
Ash: Lady, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store.
Possessed woman: Who the hell are you?
Ash: Name's Ash.
[cocks rifle]
Ash: Housewares.
  • Willow (1988)
Willow, a small farmer/apprentice magician, meets Madmartigan, a great swordsman, and together they journey through a war-torn land of magic and monsters, to save a baby princess from death at the hands of an evil queen.
  • Spaceballs (1987)
Barf: I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!
  • Blazing Saddles (1974)
Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Taggart: God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
  • Young Frankenstein (1974)
  • The Court Jester (1955)
Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?
Griselda: Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!
Hawkins: They *broke* the chalice from the palace?
Griselda: And replaced it with a flagon.
Hawkins: A flagon...?
Griselda: With the figure of a dragon.
Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.
Griselda: Right.
Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?
Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!
Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
Griselda: Just remember that.
  • Robin Hood (the 1938 Errol Flynn version)
  • Highlander (1986)
He fought his first battle on the Scottish Highlands in 1536. He will fight his greatest battle on the streets of New York City in 1986. His name is Connor MacLeod. He is immortal.
There can be only one.
  • Mad Max (1979)
Nightrider: I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

There you go, the first (not top or bottom) 10. Discuss...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	6011  

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Nice job so far, I love all the different variations and themes that people take in these things. I haven't seen The Court Jester it sounds hysterical.

OK, here is the next batch. That makes 20, more will follow soon, honest!

Road Warrior (1981)

Max: I'm just here for the gasoline.

Total Recall (1990)
Hostile Mars takeovers, mutant chicks with 3 boobs, memory erasing, this movie has it all.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)
Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy.

Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure (1989)
Evil Duke: Put them in the "Iron Maiden".
Bill, Ted: Iron Maiden! EXCELLENT!
[they do their air guitar]
Evil Duke: Excecute them!
Bill, Ted: BOGUS!

Wayne’s World (1992)
Wayne Campbell: Let me bring you up to speed. My name is Wayne Campbell. I live in Aurora, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago - excellent. I've had plenty of jo-jobs; nothing I'd call a career. Let me put it this way: I have an extensive collection of nametags and hairnets. Ok, so I still live with my parents, which I admit is bogus and sad. However I do have a cable access show, and I still know how to party. But what I'd really like is to do Wayne's World for a living. It might happen. Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

Braveheart (1995)
Stephen: [to William, while under fire from English archers at Stirling] The Lord tells me he can get *me* out of this mess, but He's pretty sure you're ****ed.

Lethal Weapon (1987)
Roger Murtaugh: God hates me. That's what it is.
Martin Riggs: Hate him back; it works for me.
Roger Murtaugh: I'm too old for this ****!

The Princess Bride (1987)

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/...le=miracle.wav

Excalibur (1981)

Dragon Slayer (1981)

Here we go, this will be a fairly boring bunch for those of you who aren't huge Clint fans like I am Again, this list isn't in a particular order, just the 100 or so favs in my head at this time.

Hang 'em High (1968)

The hanging was the best show in town. But they made two mistakes. They hung the wrong man and they didn't finish the job.

Coogan's Bluff (1968)

Taxi driver: That's $2.95, including the luggage.
Coogan: Tell me, how may stores are there named Bloomingdales in this town?
Taxi driver: One, why?
Coogan: We passed it twice.
Taxi driver: It's still $2.95, including the luggage.
Coogan: Yeah, well there's $3.00, including the tip.

Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970)

Dirty Harry (1971)

Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

High Plains Drifter (1973)

A mysterious gunfighter without a name rides across the desert landscape and arrives in the mining town beside the sea "Lago" to stay for the night. After gunning down three desperado's who tried to kill him, the town hires the gunfighter to help defend the town from three murderous outlaws, Stacey Bridges, Bill Borders and Cole Carlin who have been released from jail after they brutally whipped to death the town's local lawman Marshal Jim Duncan who is in his grave with a unmarked gravestone, the three outlaws set out to return to "Lago" to get their vengeance. Can the mysterious gunfighter without a name stop the three outlaws?

Magnum Force (1973)

Harry Callahan: A man's got to know his limitations.

The Eiger Sanction (1975)

Dr. Jonathan Hemlock (Clint Eastwood) is tired of killing for a living, but the ruthless government agency he works for needs his services again, and they’ll use any kind of manipulation they have to in order to get him to take one last job. They eventually convince him to take on a dangerous undercover mission that involves climbing the Eiger--and the most dangerous aspect is that he doesn’t know which of his fellow climbers is the enemy assassin he’s supposed to "sanction." THE EIGER SANCTION is Eastwood’s exciting journey into the world of the James Bond-style spy thriller. Eastwood was attracted to the script by the opportunity it afforded him to film exciting climbing sequences in the Swiss Alps, and these well-made sequences are the high point of the movie. Eastwood insisted on doing almost all his own climbing. The plot, based on the novel by Trevanian, is entertainingly far-fetched; its main purpose seems to be getting Hemlock on that mountain, so it succeeds. Eastwood gets strong supporting help from George Kennedy as his aging climbing buddy, Ben Bowman; Vonetta McGee as the provocatively named Jemima Brown, the woman he’s not sure he can trust; and, most amusingly, Jack Cassidy in a hilariously over-the-top performance as Miles Mellough, a flamboyant gay double agent.

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

Bounty hunter #1: You're wanted, Wales.
Josey Wales: Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?
Bounty hunter #1: A man's got to do something for a living these days.
Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.

The Enforcer (1976)

The Gauntlet (1977)

Phoenix cop Ben Shockley is well on his way to becoming a derelict when he is assigned to transport a witness named Gus Mally from Vegas. Mally turns out to be a belligerent prostitute with mob ties and incriminating information regarding a high-placed figure. Shockley's suspicions are aroused and the betting line against Mally testifying begins to climb when the transport vehicle is bombed and Mally's house is literally shot to pieces. The pair must face the truth about those they trust, as well as their own inner strengths, as they fight their way to Phoenix, finally using an armored bus to run a gauntlet of hundreds of police armed with high-powered weaponry.

Pale Rider (1985)

A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

For A Few Dollars More (1965)

[last lines]
Monco: [counting reward sums of outlaws he just killed] Ten thousand... twelve thousand... fifteen... sixteen... seventeen... twenty-two. Twenty-two?
[a cowboy comes from behind, Monco turns and shoots him dead]
Monco: ...Twenty-seven.
Col. Douglas Mortimer: Any trouble, boy?
Monco: No, old man. Thought I was having trouble with my adding. It's all right now.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1966)

Cool list.... love Dragon Slayer... which, IMO, still has the best dragon ever...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Cool list.... love Dragon Slayer... which, IMO, still has the best dragon ever...
I agree about the dragon, although I think the dragon in Dragonheart is pretty good too. Thanks

Yesh! Another Buckaroo Banzai lover! cheers!

good call on the Total Recall too!

The rock is a good film.

Not a big Clint Eastwood fan but sorry harry was a good film.