Avengers: Endgame

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
I kind of dread the idea of Nebula being the sacrifice that tips the balance in the Avengers’ favor but that's what I’m feeling will happen.

Dread because of the outright cruel treatment of the character in Infinity War and the fact that Gamora’s already been “sacrificed” and clearly having one or both, by some Glove f***ery, live is the correct way for them to beat an embodiment of death.

Ready, as soon as I watch the prequels to Infinity Wars. It got me on board and was probably the best of all of them so lowering my expectations and upping them for End Game.

The running time has been confirmed.

3 hours and 2 minutes y’all. 182 minutes long. Longest superhero movie to date.

https://www.cnet.com/news/avengers-e...ickets-coming/

I know it’s been talked about earlier, but now AMC Theatres has it listed as such and IMDb got the same runtime too.

I don't hate it or anything, but I thought for sure this had to be one of those "initial cut" things where the end result is 25 minutes shorter.

Yikes.

I guess it can still be changed. I’ve seen this before where it was changed around release time. Last time was Fast 7 or 8, where IMDb and other sites said it was 2 hours 40. But it ended up being like 2h 17m.

But all this does make it at least 75-80% of being the actual runtime... so yeah.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Probably all the prolonged death scenes account for about 45 minutes.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
WOAH!
I mis-clicked this thread thinking you were saying the last GoT SEASON was a a combined 3 hours and 2 minutes. hahaha UGH! i was thinking I know they were planning to short the season episode count but THIS is getting silly!

OOOOOOOOOOoooooh my heart is still racing lol. I'm in the right context now.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

https://www.cnet.com/news/avengers-e...ickets-coming/

I know it’s been talked about earlier, but now AMC Theatres has it listed as such and IMDb got the same runtime too.

3hr and 35 minutes is the record

I don't actually think this is going to be that bad because I feel like we're getting two films based on the trailers

We've gone on holiday by mistake

I don't actually think this is going to be that bad because I feel like we're getting two films based on the trailers
Take it that's some sort of extended cut of watchmen? I like watchmen and wasn't aware an extended edition existed, which reminds me I still need to aquire the Donner cut of Superman 2.

That’s extended cut though so....

That’s extended cut though so....

You've got three films longer (Superman, Superman V Batman, and Watchmen) You've also got debatable non-comic super hero films like Lord of the Rings and The Green Mile which could be argued as Super Hero films. They could certainly be deconstructed as such.

So you likely want to add a qualified...longest MCU film, longest theatrical release of a comic book movie

You've got three films longer (Superman, Superman V Batman, and Watchmen) You've also got debatable non-comic super hero films like Lord of the Rings and The Green Mile which could be argued as Super Hero films. They could certainly be deconstructed as such.

So you likely want to add a qualified...longest MCU film, longest theatrical release of a comic book movie
Or perhaps you could just use your logical thinking like everyone else clearly did and realize it’s a given that I mean theatrically released versions and not some exclusive straight to dvd or digital style cut. C’mon get real.

And Lord of the Rings being superhero films? Okay, I’ll just stop here. You are clearly trolling so feeding time over.

And Lord of the Rings being superhero films? Okay, I’ll just stop here. You are clearly trolling so feeding time over.

Well it is the story of a hero who gets super powers, hate to break that to you.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Somebody's sneaking an empty Gatorade bottle in...

I think its a bad idea the rumor that Thanos depowers captain marvel because she cant be the one to beat Thanos. Its a bad idea to have her get her powers in her own movie only to be defeated easily in the next mcu film. Let Thanos not be beatable but dont weaken Captain Marvel just because a Girl cant beat Thanos

I kind of dread the idea of Nebula being the sacrifice that tips the balance in the Avengers’ favor but that's what I’m feeling will happen.

Dread because of the outright cruel treatment of the character in Infinity War and the fact that Gamora’s already been “sacrificed” and clearly having one or both, by some Glove f***ery, live is the correct way for them to beat an embodiment of death.
I dont think hard part now is beating Thanos with a wrecked Glove he cant fix of no one else can fix the snap. I think we will see them trying to get the stones in some time travel buisness and will face pre snap Thanos again

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

OK, that's a large popcorn then...

I think its a bad idea the rumor that Thanos depowers captain marvel because she cant be the one to beat Thanos. Its a bad idea to have her get her powers in her own movie only to be defeated easily in the next mcu film. Let Thanos not be beatable but dont weaken Captain Marvel just because a Girl cant beat Thanos
They built up Black Panther only to dust him the very next movie, so that idea has form.

I'm kind of on the side of not letting Captain Marvel be the one to beat Thanos. Not because she's a woman, but because it's a little bit deus ex machina having the avengers lose in Infinity War only to call in a brand new superhero to save the day. If this is the climax of the story of the original avengers, I'd like them to end on a victory at whatever cost for and by themselves, rather than the day being saved by the new girl.