MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

Yet to see activity that isn't underhanded, from you. You pop in twice, once to complain about Aliens. A second time to say the list is tainted. Some stellar great energy you got going there.

I wasn't putting out bad energy with my last two comments. In fact, my last one was a joke. You're the one interpreting them as angry. My They Live comment was just a comment. I wasn't angry, just confused. You interpreted that as me challenging the rules again and that's not on me.

The second comment was me making a joke and having a chuckle about Friday th 13th Pt. III being on the list because, come on. 12% on RT. You took that as an angry comment. You scolded me twice based on your own misconception. Your attitude tells me you haven't gorgiven me like you said, so how do I know the bad blood isn't on you?

Don't worry everyone... this is the way of things.

MoFo = Yay!
MoFo List = Also Yay! As long as it goes my way!

Also... there's always moaning at the start of lists.
Which, well, I don't get...

Like, "Why is movie x at 99th place?!?!?!?! I mean, it's not that good!! MY MOVIE SHOULD BE IN THE COUNTDOWN!"

Calm down, peeps... like, the list reveal is still in the 90s and 80s... surely the fact that the movies you picked haven't shown yet, IS A GOOD THING.
Surely, you'd want them to be in the top, like, 70? At least?

I just finished watching The House That Jack Built, so I'm up to 12/14 seen so far.

It's ****ING FANTASTICALLY HORRIBLE and also strangely beautiful.
I wasn't expecting the visuals in the epilogue. They were a pleasant surprise.

Yet to see activity that isn't underhanded, from you. You pop in twice, once to complain about Aliens. A second time to say the list is tainted. Some stellar great energy you got going there.
Underhanded? You and I only talked that one time, and I ended it with a humble apology, so don't tell me you know know me very well. Who are you to judge my actions after having a forum conversation with me for literally two days? You only replied to me a few times and the one to sort it out was Yoda.

Clearly you don't think my apology was worth much. If you expect me to be angry after one experience (and for the final time, that anger mostly stemmed from **** I've been dealing with at home since November), that's your own expectation. You're the one who's still angry, not me. When I'm angry, I go on tangents. You've seen that before. If I'm making a small comment, I'm not angry. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Do you realize that was the only outburst I've had one these forums ever since I first became active? You are literally THE only person I shouted at here. How many other conversations have we had before. The undeniable truth is that you know nothing about me. But if you want to be proven right, then by all means keep pretending you know me better than I do and I'll keep getting angry. If you don't want me to get angry, how about admitting you were wrong about me instead of judging me for the misinterpretation you made? Bottom line is that you expected me to be angry after one conversation with me, and got angry with me first this time. Nothing you say can change that.

Could we perhaps take this discussion in a PM, guys?

Anyways, glad to see Birdemic 2 pop up!

Sure. That is, if Nostromo thinks it's wise. But I still feel I need to clarify that I was not angry when I made those two comments. I offered to pay Nostromo back by being a guest presenter, which should be some proof I learned a lesson there.

movies can be okay...
I was actually planning on watching Ginger Snaps, along with The Devil's Backbone, before the deadline, but that didn't happen so...and I also would like to think that they would've actually made my list had I ended up watching them, so it's cool seeing them turn up.

I've seen a few of the Voorhees movies, and I wasn't impressed nor that amused. Part 3 isn't one of those I've watched, so maybe it is more engaging and fun than what I've experienced with the franchise so far.

Cannibal Holocaust, Re-Animator, They Live, and The Last House On The Left, are all horror films I will be seeing in the future. Maybe even Dog Soldiers, since Neil Marshall is a pretty fun film-maker. I've never heard of The Beyond though.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Mother! (2017)
Runtime: 2 Hours 1 Min
Production Company: Protozoa Pictures
Distributed by Paramount Pictures
Director: Darren Aronofsky
Production Budget: $30,000,000
Box Office: $$44,500,000
Three Votes (22, 18, 15)
55 Points
High Voter: @StanleyKubrick
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mother 86.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	52540  

Altered States (1980)
Runtime: 1 Hour 43 Mins
Production Company: Warner Bros
Distributed by Warner Bros
Director: Ken Russell
Production Budget: $15,000,000
Box Office: $19,900,000
Three Votes (24, 18, 17)
59 Points
High Voter: @Steve Freeling
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Altered States 85.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	52541  

I really didn't like the first trailer for Mother!, and what I heard from people who saw the film didn't exactly change my mind about watching it. Maybe if someone other than Jennifer Lawrence was the main character, I'd be more willing to give it a shot.

Altered States is a film I keep seeing around, and I tell myself I'll watch it, but then I completely forget about it until it comes up again, and the cycle continues. It's also on the Sci-Fi list, so I imagine it'll be right up my alley if I can remember to track down a copy.

Seen: 12/16
My List: 1

02. Re-Animator (1985) - #88
25. The Void (2016) - DNP/1 Pointers List

I thought Mother! was a big fat dud, but Altered States is terrific.

I watched The House that Jack Built, a mixed bag for me and I wouldn't even think of it as a horror movie. With that I've seen all of them and I can't imagine anything else showing up that I haven't seen.

Hey! finally one that I've seen. Can you guess which? Of course it would be Altered States, I haven't seen it since the 1980s, but I always remembered it as being a cool concept film.

Not seen Altered States and I’m not sure I’ve even heard of it it actually. Sounds interesting...

And HELL YES so glad to see Mother! on the list. It was my number 8. I absolutely loved this hell ride when it came out. Lots of fun metaphors, symbolism, references, comparisons, themes, morals and all this is packed inside a slowly developing mystery thriller that just keeps on elevating the madness until the crazy finale. I had my mouth either open or smiling for most of the runtime when I saw this in the cinemas. I reviewed it for the place I write for and this first film ever since I started writing (2014) that I gave tops marks in every category we review in (story, acting, visuals, sound) and thereby made it a perfect score. I love this flick!

I've seen Altered States a long time ago. I remember it being more like an odd (duh, it's by Ken Russell) drug induced scifi than horror. It's on Netflix now so I've been planning to rewatch it at some point. Mother! I haven't seen yet but it's on Netflix too so I will. Not a huge fan of Aronofsky but he has some decent films.

Seen: 14/16