Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Some overacting by Cardinale, but who cares?, it's Claudia Cardinale
Mm, she's entitled to overact .

**** YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!
Really? I've seen the trailer and it looked so awful that I didn't have any interest in seeing this even though I like metal.
It's ****ing GREAT! I haven't laughed like that since oh jeeez.. Hot Fuzz maybe?

Dragged Across Concrete (2018) directed by S. Craig Zahler

As quite a big fan of his first two outings this disappoints a bit. It’s cool to see a cop drama played out mere realistically and if you have the attention span it puts its own spin on the genre but with pretty much no wheel spin at all. It’s not static, stale or seriously lacking, but while I enjoy being dragged along I was hoping to get more dragged in along the way. It’s very much a movie that conflicts me. If I viewed it form one angle I could talk pretty negatively about this, but on the other hand I could also praise it quite a bit. It’s a weird mid-ground to be sure and within its own terms it’s extremely well executed but those terms are super shallow and it barely crosses the finish line as a barely solid film.

If you’re looking for a slow cooking, not slow burning, cop-crime-drama that feels like a detail-by-detail showcase of two cops actually following a case and thereby getting a grim look into an underworld that does exist and one that only exists in the mind of S. Craig Zahler, well, then this is your movie. But for me, the director got a little too self-indulgent and overly ambitious with his way of creating movies. It’s missing the lively, uncontrollable vibe of his past films that made it ridiculously fun at times. This is so serious, so grim, so dark, so slow, so sterile that if it wasn’t for the stars and the personality of the director still peeking through at times, this would have been a disaster.

Touch of Evil (1958)

An incredible, foreboding work. Still gobsmacked at the balls Welles had to pull this off. A nasty number with heart.

1st Re-watch...it works a little better as a musical than it does as a biopic but it's still richly entertaining.

Could not have put that better Gideon, turn the ears up and turn the brain off...not always a bad thing. Jackman is excellent.

9th Re-watch...this movie just gets better with each viewing...my favorite De Niro/Scorsese collaboration and my favorite De Niro performance.

Watched this 2 times and still can't see it. Scorsese navel gazing...

China 9, Liberty 37 (1978)

Kinda mad slow western with a decent storyline that does require some patience. Warren Oates is great in this as the wronged husband. Jenny Agutter is great as a dissatisfied wife . All round, great by the players but the storyline was thin.6/10

captain marvel - awesome movie

Us(2019)

I didn't find this as enjoyable as Get Out, but it was still a very gripping movie. There are more comedic moments in this one than I expected, and the "twist" at the end was rather predictable. I definitely had to ponder a few things afterwards as far as the storyline elements, because the underlying messages aren't immediately clear. I would say there is still a loose end or two in the plot that you just kinda have to go with.

Weird is relative.

**** YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!
Been wanting to watch this, maybe I'll look for it tomorrow thanks to your reminder.

Happy Death Day 2U (2019)

Should have probably not bothered with a sequel. Gets off to a slow start and then retreads the original film (which was quirky).