MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

Probably should've voted for Re-Animator

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I used to like Re-Animator a lot when I was younger but last time I watched it it didn't feel nearly as good as I remembered. It's one of the first banned films I managed to get so it has some nostalgic value. Cannibal Holocaust was already discussed but still, I've seen it quite some time ago but it's a bit blurred together with others of its kind. Will rewatch it at some point but didn't expect it to affect my votes (I have slightly positive memory of it though so I'm not bashing it).

Seen: 13/14

My list so far...

7. Ginger Snaps (2000) - 91st
12. The Beyond (1981) - 93rd
21. Dog Soldiers (2002) - 94th
25. Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (1973) - 1 pointer

Wasn't Cannibal already on the list?

I think it managed to bite its way a little higher up the list. That's why three titles were revealed yesterday instead of the usual two.

I wasn’t a fan of Re-Animator unfortunately.... I really wanted to like it. So I kind of also want to revisit it to make sure. I liked some parts (lol didn’t realize this pun).

I’m very torn with Cannibal Holocaust. It does what it should. And it works on its own premises and I kind of like what it says and (almost) how it says it but I really don’t like that animal cruelty stuff. Even for what it want to say. There’s no reason for that. It could perhaps have made my list has it been made realistically without the cruelty.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I already said something about Cannibal Holocaust, but I can add gifs for Re-Animator all day [well, at least the clean ones].

Still none from my list.

Re-Animator is one of my favourite films, and I love everything about it - terrible cat puppets and all. I actually got to meet Jeffrey Combs a few years back, and just thinking about the fact that I was in the same room as him still brings a smile to my face. His performance is easily the best part of the film, and I've watched a number of other things purely because I saw his name in the cast.

I already talked about Cannibal Holocaust before Nostromo realized some of its points got eaten alive, and I don't have anything new to add about it.

Seen: 11/14
My List: 1

02. Re-Animator (1985) - #88
25. The Void (2016) - DNP/1 Pointers List

(I had a gif here, but mark f beat me to it!)

Re-Animator is one of my favourite films, and I love everything about it - terrible cat puppets and all. I actually got to meet Jeffrey Combs a few years back, and just thinking about the fact that I was in the same room as him still brings a smile to my face. His performance is easily the best part of the film, and I've watched a number of other things purely because I saw his name in the cast.

Even with its terrible puppetry and obvious practical effects, I too love it very much.

Heck, I'd argue that the cheesy VFX contribute to it a great deal. I can't help laughing while seeing that head talking on the table, and still I can suspend disbelief because they are done with so much love and straightforwardness.

And the actors sell it really well too, in this exagerated yet unapologetic way.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Neither made my list. I made my comments about Cannibal Holocaust earlier.

Re-Animator is fun with some comical effects that work well with the story.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
As I said when it was erroneously posted earlier, I will never watch Cannibal Holocaust, and based on what I've read about Re-Animator, I have no interest in ever watching this movie either.

Welcome to the human race...
I've seen Re-Animator a couple of times and generally thought it was decent-to-good, never quite enough to call it a favourite though. Haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust.

Haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust.
Surprised by that, not sure why though...It's not like I expected people to watch Cannibal Holocaust but yet yeah. A bit surprised.