TYTD/Red Triangle Reviews

→ in
Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LMAO. I just knew it.

So bad it's bordering on genius. I might have to get drunj and watch this movie.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
LMAO. I just knew it.

So bad it's bordering on genius. I might have to get drunj and watch this movie.
Oh alcohol will probably bump this film up a point or two xD Double feature it with The dragon lives again (Dragon as the latter film as its best enjoyed when both very very drunk and a little sleepy as I've found) and you'll have a hell of a night on your hands xD I have one more Vengence video title I got at the same time as Wing Chun but I may wait a bit before I do that one...though if the titles anything to go by it should make this film look like the godfather xD

Also w00p made it to page 2 in one piece

Was the chick a martial artist? I bet not. A chinese film back then wouldn't acknowledge that a woman developed wing chun (sorry, had to get my faux SJW comment in there).

All in all, that's one hell of an entertaining review. So glad I pushed on beyond the orange scene. Man, that was hysterical. Still cant stop laughing. Little tearies down my face.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Was the chick a martial artist? I bet not. A chinese film back then wouldn't acknowledge that a woman developed wing chun (sorry, had to get my faux SJW comment in there).

All in all, that's one hell of an entertaining review. So glad I pushed on beyond the orange scene. Man, that was hysterical. Still cant stop laughing. Little tearies down my face.
Spot on. She turns up to do some dealing in a bank. gets scared. screeches a bit, and then leaves if I remember rightly xD Feminism in action or what!? xD

In many ways its a shame the film isnt that consistantly wacky throughout. if the clips were an example of the tone of the film throughout it would be hilarious, its just a real shame theres such a plod between those bits. when it gets it right though it amazingly bad xD

when it gets it right though it amazingly bad xD

ROFL. The sharknado of wing chun.

And finally here's this weeks episode! I simply just cannot get enough of The Stuff! (1985)

Very cool review style. Love the spinning platter used for the Arrow BD display. What is that, BTW?

Also enjoyed the split screen running while you built up the review and then the full screen when you allowed a clip to play out for full attention. I see you're an editor. I dabble myself.

I did not like "The Stuff" when I watched it a few years back, but after seeing another Cohen film (The Ambulance) recently, I may have to "double dip" and see if I may have missed the point? I got the humor, but your clips of the "sweaty palm" scene makes me think I was zoning out when I initially saw this as an adult so...possibly a round two coming soon.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Very cool review style. Love the spinning platter used for the Arrow BD display. What is that, BTW?

Also enjoyed the split screen running while you built up the review and then the full screen when you allowed a clip to play out for full attention. I see you're an editor. I dabble myself.

I did not like "The Stuff" when I watched it a few years back, but after seeing another Cohen film (The Ambulance) recently, I may have to "double dip" and see if I may have missed the point? I got the humor, but your clips of the "sweaty palm" scene makes me think I was zoning out when I initially saw this as an adult so...possibly a round two coming soon.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!
Ahh thank you very much! Its a Lazy Susan:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anself-Powe...+Display+stand

Though sadly the Build quality isnt that great (The whole things pretty much just a lump of weak plastic) and shortly after recording the packaging Shot for the review that went up this week the motor burnt out on it (It could barely spin with an empty DVD case on it) So for the time being it's had to remain stationary...though I may pick a better quality one up in the near future because I like being able to show the entire packaging

Also cheers for noticing my little stylistic choices xD I spent a while trying to figure out how I was going to present my reviews and settled on the split screen because I thought it would give me a bit more scope in terms of showing multiple things without having to rely on cutting away (Particularly if I wanted to run comparisons)

I really like Cohens style but finding his films in the UK can be a bit tricky (Which is why I adore companies like Arrow for finally bringing quite a lot of Obscure materials to UK shores) I hope you have more luck with it a second time than you did the first for me this film gets a bit better with each viewing

@TYTD

If you do find a reliable lazy susan, I'd be interested in hearing about it. I may even beat you to it, thanks for the link! I see these things as being potentially valuable for some special effect work that sure would beat hours of After Effect diddling. If only there was a way to key out the transparent acrylic base platter. Trial and error, I suppose.

Anyway, yes. Cohen seems to make solid movies. It's his writing that I've been noticing. He's funny and real. He incorporates goofy details into his script which is a real delight for some people who can appreciate it.

EDIT: there is a way to key it. Just paint it green. Of course that's gonna hafta be some serious ultra key pull happening since it's right on top of the platter. Lol. Now I'm just being silly. I'll send you a PM if I have any luck haha.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
@TYTD

If you do find a reliable lazy susan, I'd be interested in hearing about it. I may even beat you to it, thanks for the link! I see these things as being potentially valuable for some special effect work that sure would beat hours of After Effect diddling. If only there was a way to key out the transparent acrylic base platter. Trial and error, I suppose.

Anyway, yes. Cohen seems to make solid movies. It's his writing that I've been noticing. He's funny and real. He incorporates goofy details into his script which is a real delight for some people who can appreciate it.

EDIT: there is a way to key it. Just paint it green. Of course that's gonna hafta be some serious ultra key pull happening since it's right on top of the platter. Lol. Now I'm just being silly. I'll send you a PM if I have any luck haha.
PM recieved and responded There are quite a few Lazy Susans listed on Amazon I think I may have to buy a slightly more pricey one next time and hope it can hold a bit more weight (Ever the optimist) xD

In all honesty I really need to learn more about Cohens work, I havent really had a lot of experience with him other than "The Stuff" and "Q the winged serpent" trying to track his films down in the UK is quite a difficult job...which is a shame because what I've seen I've really enjoyed

Its a big one today One of my all time favourite films! Eraserhead (1977) ]

Great review.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Ahh thanks it's been a firm favourite of mine since I was in my teens so it was nice to be able to approach it from a different angle rather than just having it on to appreciate the visuals (That lighting...Phwarrr!)

Ahh thanks it's been a firm favourite of mine since I was in my teens so it was nice to be able to approach it from a different angle rather than just having it on to appreciate the visuals (That lighting...Phwarrr!)
I've only seen it once. Walked out after it finished with my then boyfriend and his bestie. His bestie said 'Hey do you guys'. Boyfriend cut in with 'No, we're not discussing it not now, not ever!'. Bestie said he was going to suggest where to go for dinner.

LOL. Very disturbing movie. I dont remember a whole lot about it except for Henry and the lighting. I think I blocked everything else out.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
I've only seen it once. Walked out after it finished with my then boyfriend and his bestie. His bestie said 'Hey do you guys'. Boyfriend cut in with 'No, we're not discussing it not now, not ever!'. Bestie said he was going to suggest where to go for dinner.

LOL. Very disturbing movie. I dont remember a whole lot about it except for Henry and the lighting. I think I blocked everything else out.
xD Quite a few people I know have had similar experiences to yours. I cant quite explain it really, Lynch just has this style and vibe thats so hard to explain but It really just clicks with me...he's quite a binary director though you either absolutely worship the ground he walks on or he's an absolute hack I've never met someone who was just like "Meh, he's okay"

xD Quite a few people I know have had similar experiences to yours. I cant quite explain it really, Lynch just has this style and vibe thats so hard to explain but It really just clicks with me...he's quite a binary director though you either absolutely worship the ground he walks on or he's an absolute hack I've never met someone who was just like "Meh, he's okay"
Yeah the movie has stuck with me ever since I saw it, just on some nightmarish level of my existence. I dont even know why to be honest. It just freaks me out, and your review is probably the only one I've listened to yet. Am I saying it;s a bad thing this movie seemed to have an impact but I cant bring myself to rewatch? Hellz no. I love my reaction to it. It's like being smacked in the solar plexus and never forgetting what it felt like to have the air sucked out of you.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Yeah the movie has stuck with me ever since I saw it, just on some nightmarish level of my existence. I dont even know why to be honest. It just freaks me out, and your review is probably the only one I've listened to yet. Am I saying it;s a bad thing this movie seemed to have an impact but I cant bring myself to rewatch? Hellz no. I love my reaction to it. It's like being smacked in the solar plexus and never forgetting what it felt like to have the air sucked out of you.
I Suppose the same logic could be applied to people who watch sad films to feel sad, its a feeling that stays with them and the feeling makes them feel a bit more in touch with there humanity and there emotions. It can remind people that they have good things in there lives as well as bad things and it lets them have a feeling of empathy in some ways...its a bit like a spirit level for the soul if you will just balancing things out (Went a bit deep there; sorry )

I didnt know anything about it. Boyfriend and bestie just saw it was playing at a really cool arthaus cinema in a trendy student burb in sydney so we went along to be the then hipsters. Walked out traumatised. It was probably my most memorable cinema experience I've ever had. Still laughing at boyfriend saying (almost screaming) No not discussing it. I actually ran into him a few years ago and during chat asked if he has ever discussed it since. He said 'No, not talking about it'. LOL.

Very entertaining review, matey. I especially love the music. Nice touch.