2019 Mofo Film Awards

Tools    

I voted Ad Astra for Best Sound and 1917 for Best Score.
I didn't expect Avengers: Endgame to win VFX and I didn't vote for it either. I think I voted for The Irishman.

Many people seem to be big fans of Uncut Gems, but I personally didn't like it that much. I only rated it
and the only part of it that really stood out to me was Adam Sandler's acting. I voted for Florence Pugh for Breakout Performance. She had a great year with not just 1, but 3 really strong performances.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
And the Mofo Film Award Goes To...

Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Kurt Russell, Bruce Dern, Emile Hirsch, Margaret Qualley, Timothy Olyphant, Julia Butters, Dakota Fanning, Mike Moh, Luke Perry, Damian Lewis, Al Pacino

Yes, we all know Avengers has a STACKED cast, but do they serve the story well? Are they all great actors? Knives Out had a really fun cast that served the murder mystery plot with intrigue and humour, but it was Tarantino's Hollywood fantasy tribute that won the day.

Suspect's Reviews

Nice!! I'm good with Hollywood although I know I didn't vote for it. Acting was fantastic.

This was a a hard one for me:
Irishman got my vote purely because it reunited so many classic actors for a sortof 'swan song'.
Parasite and Once Upon a Time were very close though, great performances all around and memorable characterization.

Not sure of my vote here either, but though a tough line-up, the cast in OUATIH is pretty darn great.

It may not be as packed and stacked but it sure it well selected and the long awaited collab between Brad and Leo was worth the wait. They are fantastic together (and apart).

I definitely am okay with this win.

I voted for FvF here I'm pretty sure. Hope that "wins" lol

Both DiCaprio and Brad Pitt had great performances in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but I voted for Knives Out. I loved the scenes with the entire cast in that film and there were so many good supporting performances, that I had to vote for it.

Didn’t vote in this category. Hadn’t seen them all or enough to justify a vote.

I personally thought FvF was great so that’s not mixed for me. My vote would probably go to either The King or Good Boys. Both were better than expected but was missing that last little something to make them truly great. I would probably vote The King as Good Boys was probably more of a “surprise” for me because I didn’t expect anything and it was solid fun.

I didn't vote in this category, since the only film I've seen from it is Ford v Ferarri and I wasn't particularly looking forward to watching "Mixed-Bags". I'm glad Ford v Ferrari did't win, because I think it's quite a bit better than mixed bag.

My vote was Good Boys, an average comedy by the Seth Rogan team (Not sure what the official term for that is) that's entertaining but is not exactly a great comedy.

Under the Silver Lake and The Dead Don't Die I found were too crazy to be considered 'average;, you either find them obnoxious garbage or genuinely great.

Funniest Scene

Manson Family Attack

Booth Fight Flashback - "Fair Enough"

Hail Hitler - 20 times in 30 seconds

Late to the Meeting Conversation

Sex Scene

Welcome to the human race...
"Four-way tie for second place while the winner wins by one vote" is arguably the perfect result for this category.

Out of all the nominated films that I watched, Under the Silver Lake is definitely the one I liked the most but I voted for The Dead Don't Die because that one inspired a much more mixed feeling.

And The Mofo Film Award Goes To....

Manson Attack

This was a BLOWOUT as this scene earned 11 votes. Hitler and Dolemite had to settle for second and third and my personal favourite The Irishman walked away with zero.