28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Breakout Performance of the Year

Julia Fox - Uncut Gems

Roman Griffin Davis - Jojo Rabbit

Archie Yates - Jojo Rabbit

Ana De Armas - Knives Out

Florence Pugh - Little Women/Midsommar

Suspect's Reviews

I voted for Joker in Best Score. Wow that movie gets a lot of hate everywhere...

Anyway, sure, it’s very “straight forward” but it works extremely well for the movie and the story it wants to tell. I loved being pushed down in my seat by this towering soundtrack.

1917 I generally disliked so couldn’t really remember much from it.

Welcome to the human race...
1917 was about as ambient as these scores got. I can remember certain leitmotifs from Parasite or Us or Uncut Gems or even Joker but I can barely remember anything specific about it. Really adds to the idea of it being a "videogame" movie where the music is constant and calms/escalates with the music.

Also, I guess not everyone got on board with the whole "Marvel movies have bad visuals" take of recent years, huh.

I really liked the score overall. Thought it had definitely motifs and melodies, more so than Joker at least.

And the Mofo Film Award Goes To.......

Florence Pugh was in Fighting With My Family, Midsommar and Little Women...all this year, yet she lost to Julia "Big Butt" Fox. Ana de Armas might have been overlooked due to her success in earlier films like Blade Runner:2049 and the Keanu Reeves brilliance Knock Knock. The kids from JoJo rabbit might have split some votes as they were the bottom two.

Archie Yates was probably the funniest part of the film, and Florence Pugh is a very convincing crier, but something about Julia Fox's performance made me vote for her, I guess she just felt very natural

Don’t remember much about Fox’ performance in Uncut Gems I must say.

While not being a huge fan of Jojo Rabbit, I voted for the main kid... thought he was excellent and surprisingly natural and nuanced for a kid his age who never really acted before

Wow, too bad Pugh didn't win, she got my vote. And I didn't even see Midsommar!

And the Mofo Film Award Goes To...

People really dug the black and white 4:3 arthouse vibe that Robert Eggers was going for with The Lighthouse. To the point where heavy favourite 1917 lost by one vote. Ad Astra put up a good fight at the beginning, but then was blown away both both 1917 and The Lighthouse.

Don’t remember much about Pugh’s performance in Uncut Gems I must say.

While not being a huge fan of Jojo Rabbit, I voted for the main kid... thought he was excellent and surprisingly natural and nuanced for a kid his age who never really acted before
agreed, Davis would have been my second choice after Pugh.

Don’t remember my vote here. But The Lighthouse is perhaps my favorite film of the year... and I definitely don’t mind it winning best cinematography!

Welcome to the human race...
Such a stacked cinematography category this year and of course it was a fight between the two most ostentatiously stylish nominees even as the other nominees managed to be exceptional in terms of sheer functionality.

Best Cast

Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Harvey Keitel, Ray Romano, Bobby Cannavale, Anna Paquin, Jesse Plemons, Stephen Graham

Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, LaKeith Stanfield, Christopher Plummer, Riki Lindhome

Song Kang-Ho, Lee Sun-Kyun, Cho Yeo-Jeong, Choi Woo-shik, Park So-dam, Lee Jung-eun

Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, Scarlett Johanson, Robert Downey Jr, Don Cheadle, Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Holland, Josh Brolin, Benedict Cumberbatch, Mark Ruffalo, Chadwick Boseman, Karen Gillan, Zoe Saldana, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner, Paul Rudd, Gwyneth Paltrow, Dave Bautista

Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Kurt Russell, Bruce Dern, Emile Hirsch, Margaret Qualley, Timothy Olyphant, Julia Butters, Dakota Fanning, Mike Moh, Luke Perry, Damian Lewis, Al Pacino

All these casts are so incredible! I either gave my vote to Parasite or the Irishman. Can't remember.