Movies people can't dislike without losing your respect

Tools    

Whether or not a person has different tastes in movies doesn't matter to me. What would matter to me, however, is if a person accepts the fact that I have a special passion for a film like West Side Story and wouldn't deprive me, or attempt to deprive me, of my right to see a screening of this great film, be it in the repertory movie house, or on TV, if one gets the drift.

Flash Gordon ~ 1980

I do not mean if you just do not like it cause you do not get it or do not like the genre, thats cool. But if you go into it looking for a great popcorn movie and a space opera with an amazing soundtrack and then still do not like it....well then: Hells Bells ...

Flash Gordon ~ 1980

I do not mean if you just do not like it cause you do not get it or do not like the genre, thats cool. But if you go into it looking for a great popcorn movie and a space opera with an amazing soundtrack and then still do not like it....well then: Hells Bells ...
I haven't watched it yet, but I was expecting cheese. Sharp cheddar, maybe. Maybe I will check it out Sunday late night.

These are great! I looooove, and adore them!

Robert Altman
Cookie's Fortune (1999)
M*A*S*H (1970)
That Cold Day in the Park (1969)

He even did some killer Combat episodes.
"Combat!" (10 episodes, 1962-1963)

My lady friend hates most actors that I like. Phillip Seymore Hoffman to name one. Sometimes she wont even watch a movie because of the actor...PSH is an incnredible actor...i dont see how anyone could hate him.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Cause the guy is creepy looking?

I don't hate him but yes, it matters what the actors in a movie look like. Some are big turn offs and I will rarely watch a film with them in it.

However, if my SO REALLY wanted to see said film, I'd give in. I might keep a book handy but I'd give it a shot at least.

With me, it seems like it's totally the reverse: On other blogs, I've encountered posters who, when I write anything about West Side Story, they seem to like to make fun of me, because for a number of reasons, they do not like this film, which is their prerogative. Two or three of these bloggers are mental health councilors who, in real life, work with troubled kids from lower socioeconomic backgrounds and/or who reside in third-world communities. Another one or two of them grew up in Boston and who think that West Side Story is too disgusting, and too stereotypical of all workingclass kids, white or nonwhite, as being in gangs and involved in gang activity. Others, who for whatever reason, just appear to have a sort of contempt for West Side Story and, like all the rest of these people that I've mentioned, believe that this great movie-musical classic is for children and adolescents, and that because it's my alltime favorite film, that I'm not considered worthy of respect in their eyes, because they think that I'm not a normal person.

Moreover, these are forums that anybody is supposed to be able to write about whatever is on his/her mind, and, the fact that they're that way mean that they have issues themselves, imho. Also, however, many, if not most of these people are considerably younger than me, and, for them, WSS is too unrealistic, too white-bread, too stereotypical, and boring. So, at least in part, for the above-mentioned reason(s), I stopped posting on those particular blogs. No use staying on a blog where I'm not especially welcome, if one gets the drift. Heh

I'm not a normal person.
Your not normal

I don't care we like you at MoFo

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
Pulp Fiction and The Shawshank Redemption... I believe these are the two greatest movies ever made. Both films are so entertaining that I personally wouldnt know what to do with my life if they didnt exist...Seriously though, if you dont like either of these two movies, I have little faith in your taste in film...

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
My lady friend hates most actors that I like. Phillip Seymore Hoffman to name one. Sometimes she wont even watch a movie because of the actor...PSH is an incnredible actor...i dont see how anyone could hate him.

To be fair, I am guilty of discrediting a movie based on one actor being in it. Most of the time, thats all it takes...one bad actor to stink up, what could have possibly been a great movie. For the record, I agree that PSH is indeed a great actor, my fave little tornado chaser...

Disagreeing about the movies we have seen opens the door for an enjoyable discussion, and gives me the opportunity to wear you down until You see things my way.

To sit with someone who doesn't laugh at the humor scenes in No Time for Sergeants starring Nick Adams, Don Knotts, and Andy Griffith would make me think you don't like soft, cuddly animals.

To disagree about movies is fine fun.

The King of Movies
hmmm lets go with

American Beauty

Cmon, It Rules!

and as of lately

Crank

for obvious reasons...

Crank achived a level of awesomness that nothing or any one will ever or has ever achived.

There aren't many that could do this to me but if I had to pick, if someone told me they hated something like Super Troopers, I would lose respect for them because that means they probably have a stick up their @$$. (just kidding but hard to think of one I would actually lose respect for someone for) As long as they have a good sense of humor, I would probably not lose respect for someone based on a movie choice

The King of Movies
Gosh does this mean you don't wanna see me any more? It'll be tough but I guess I'll move on...eventually.

PS
That movie sucked like a high class hooker.
I'm guessing that you like old school horror then?

Registered Creature
The LOTR trilogy, and Neon Genesis Evangelion (anime series).

But I'm not going to hate them or dislike them for disliking it. Unless they're really ignorant or something.