What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

finally got these in the mail today from DDD

Ground Control To Major Thom
I bought the Ronin 2-disc R2, why? for the DTS.

i got memento. read abt it in imdb, so went and got it :-)

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!

A local Suncoast was closing and everything left was 40% off. If only I had come home a week sooner, the store wouldn't have been cleaned out already.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by SmegFirk
I bought the Ronin 2-disc R2, why? for the DTS.
How much better does that make it than the Dubley version? It's a movie with Katharina Witt so I should love it, but.....

I picked up my 2 disc Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire

also grabbed the 2 disc sets from Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbour Totoro, The only Miazaki film i'm missing now is Porco Rosso.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

A system of cells interlinked
OG - Is that all suncoast stores? They going out of biz? Or was it just the one local place?

In the Beginning...
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Started watching it last night, and it froze. The DVD looked fine, but I didn't feel like going back and re-testing. I'm hoping it was just a hair or something, because I really don't want to have to take it back.

Finally completed my Miyazaki collection with Porco Rosso last night.

Do you know my poetry?
Metropolitan (Criterion Collection)
Children of Paradise (Criterion Collection)

one of my all time favorite directors. and 5 of his movies for only $15.99 is an amazing deal and I don't know who wouldn't jump on it.

Oooooooh Child Praise The Lord!!!
Wolf Creek - Considering its an australian movie and probably extremely underfunded it is disturbing as hell near the end even though its slow at the start.

Good Night, And Good Luck.

A History of Violence
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

In the Beginning...
Good Night, and Good Luck
The Matrix
The Majestic
Trapped in Paradise

I've been wanting to see Good Night, and Good Luck ever since it was announced, but I missed it (regrettably) when it was playing in theaters. I finally found The Matrix new for under ten bucks, so I picked it up. The other two were in the bargain bin: two for $11. I bought Trapped in Paradise because my father and I always enjoyed it, and watched it whenever it was on cable; and I picked up The Majestic because I haven't seen it, and because people tell me it falls in the "good Jim Carrey films" category, of which I'm a big fan.

I would have purchased A History of Violence today, as I really meant to see it when it was playing. But I figure I'll give it a rent before I buy it, just in case.