Shudder

Tools    

A streaming service for just horror. Pretty cool. Pretty damn good selection, it seems. At least way better than Netflix's horror selection. And I imagine it'll only improve over time.

https://www.shudder.com/

DUDE!! This site is cool as f*ck Love it

That looks stupid. They don't have much.
It's relatively new. They're still building a library.
The 21st century: where $5 for hundreds of movies is a rip off.

Let the night air cool you off
How is Shudder six years later? The selection looks good for the price. Does the site have any technical problems? Do the videos buffer without any problems? Any complaints? I currently only have an Amazon Prime membership (mainly for the free shipping) and I just started the free trial of Criterion. I think I might just stick with those two and get Shudder if it's any good. I'll probably give the 7-day free trial a go after my Criterion free trial runs out.

I find Shudder utterly useless. The quality side of things doesn’t bother me too much, but in terms of the selection, I don’t know. It ls definitely lacking in some departments.

But it might just not be my cup of tea. Quite a few niche films you wouldn’t have otherwise come across, sure. But I hardly ever tend to use it, and I love horror, so I’d say, that tells you all you need to know.

Let the night air cool you off
If it comes down to a selection issue, I am fine with what Shudder has to offer me at the moment. If I watch a bunch of the stuff I'm interested in and they don't have much to offer in terms of updated content, I can just cancel my subscription.

How is Shudder six years later? The selection looks good for the price. Does the site have any technical problems? Do the videos buffer without any problems? Any complaints? I currently only have an Amazon Prime membership (mainly for the free shipping) and I just started the free trial of Criterion. I think I might just stick with those two and get Shudder if it's any good. I'll probably give the 7-day free trial a go after my Criterion free trial runs out.
I have never had any technical issues with Shudder. The videos play perfectly with no issues for me. I find Shudder has ben adding more stuff lately. I had cancelled my subscription a while ago, but then noticed they added some good things so I resubscribed a couple months ago. So I would say check it out. My recommendations for films currently available on Shudder:

Behind the Mask
Carnival of Souls
Dolls
Homewrecker
Little Girl who Lives Down the Lane
Mass Hysteria
Piranha (1978)
Psycho Goreman
Satanic Panic
Vicious Fun

Renting one movie from Amazon generally costs between $2-$6 and Shudder costs $6 per month, so I feel like if I watch two films per month it's worth it. And I always find at least two. I've watched three this month and it's only the 8th so I've gotten my money's worth as far as I'm concerned. If you've browsed the selection and are satisfied, I'd say go for it.

I use a Fire Stick and have never had technical issues. I've had more glitchy problems with Hulu and Netflix, honestly.

Any recommendations?

The Bib-iest of Nickels
On the subject of Shudder, I would recommend anybody who has a subscription to Shudder, upgrade their subscription to AMC+ instead. AMC+ is $8.99 versus Shudder's $5.99 subscription, but it includes other horror films that aren't included on Shudder, as well as other non-horror fare. On consoles, you can have a subscription to it through Apple TV. The only downside about the whole ordeal is that the layout isn't as thematic.