Heat (1995)

→ in
Tools    

Yeah but sometimes **** happens, someone has to deal with it and who you gonna call?

Is that from The Devil's Advocate? I always wondered how he managed to look so weird in that film but it might be that he's showing his teeth a lot.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Is that from The Devil's Advocate? I always wondered how he managed to look so weird in that film but it might be that he's showing his teeth a lot.
Looks like a period costume. Weirdo collar and leather vest.

Looks like a period costume. Weirdo collar and leather vest.
That's true. I was thinking the other day that I'm not sure he's done any period dramas apart from Revolution.

I think the term is "long in the tooth", and I think it may mean that someone's soul has been around the block a few times, if we're getting into past life *****, which we're not, only I am. Sorry.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
This is in my top 10 or even higher, maybe top 3 maybe even 1...but I can't decide. I really love this film have for years. Everything, the acting, the shots, and yes the music make it a play on the emotions. From heart racing, to sad, menacing and just plain cool. A dark moody film, very serious but very special.

Unfortunately I showed it to my partner who did the whole "meh" thing. She normally loves the movies I like....or at least pretends to. I think I'll make her watch it again and if it doesnt go well, we'll have that talk. You know...the break up talk lol.

DeNiro, to me, seems to have more of a cold and detached menace. Pacino clearly seems to have a hot fire under his hood. If they were to ever fist fight, I wonder who would win? Would Pacino trip up and fumble to DeNiro's calm and calculated method of debilitation...or would DeNiro not be able to handle the Heat that Pacino bestows upon him in a flurry of cerebral Love?

I see anotherMichael Mann film, except this time...it's fopr real.

DOCUMENTARY

DeNiro/Pacnio
Streetfight 70+

Are their any die hard fans of Heat out there. Heat is easily the best cops and robbers movie out there but I have a problem with the 3rd act.

I think Neal got out of that hotel way too easy. I never had that feeling of, 'oh no, how's Robert DeNero going to get out of this one??'

I feel like the swat team should have closed in tighter, maybe even close enough to have a small exchange, giving us the impression that Robert DeNero was trapped. Then there's a twist on how he avoids getting caught instead of him just strolling on out of the hotel. Very anti-climatic. Any thoughts?

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
I would say Heat and Bullitt are my favorite cops and robbers films. Both are excellent movies and utter classic's now. Heat being a more modern classic ( last 20yrs ). Hard to decide between them. Depends on my mood. I'm a moody man.

The ending ties in with his personal philosophy; Neil is successful bank robber because can walk away from anyone and anything in a heartbeat but he has the time to grab his girlfriend---in that case, that would have been the smart move, the cops were looking for a single gunman, not a loving couple. But he leaves her in the car, and seals his own fate.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
The ending ties in with his personal philosophy; Neil is successful bank robber because can walk away from anyone and anything in a heartbeat but he has the time to grab his girlfriend---in that case, that would have been the smart move, the cops were looking for a single gunman, not a loving couple. But he leaves her in the car, and seals his own fate.

The look on her face when he's unsure about it and then decides too walk away is just fantastic.

The ending ties in with his personal philosophy; Neil is successful bank robber because can walk away from anyone and anything in a heartbeat but he has the time to grab his girlfriend--
I have no problem with that part. I think that works fine. I think that scene is necessary in fact. I have no problem with him strolling out of the hotel the way he does, I just think he got out too easy. The SWAT team should have had him cornered and he gives them the slip in some clever way. Or some other twist. It was just anti-climatic.

Welcome to the human race...
The final showdown is meant to be between Neil and Vincent and the movie's already run for about three hours by that point so I'm glad that they don't try to drag things out even further. Him being able to get the drop on the cop who holds him at gunpoint gets that point across much faster than by spending time on having an entire team close in on him.

I have no problem with that part. I think that works fine. I think that scene is necessary in fact. I have no problem with him strolling out of the hotel the way he does, I just think he got out too easy. The SWAT team should have had him cornered and he gives them the slip in some clever way. Or some other twist. It was just anti-climatic.
i don t think there is anything wrong with this film, watchable from the first minute till last, a great cinematic experience from two classic actors.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Are their any die hard fans of Heat out there. Heat is easily the best cops and robbers movie out there but I have a problem with the 3rd act.

I think Neal got out of that hotel way too easy. I never had that feeling of, 'oh no, how's Robert DeNero going to get out of this one??'

I feel like the swat team should have closed in tighter, maybe even close enough to have a small exchange, giving us the impression that Robert DeNero was trapped. Then there's a twist on how he avoids getting caught instead of him just strolling on out of the hotel. Very anti-climatic. Any thoughts?
I'm a diehard fan, and of many of Micheal Mann's movies.

The hotel escape is fine actually, Neil is dressed as Hotel employee/security and sets off fire alarm creating disorder and a crowd of people to merge with. Basically a well planned and executed evasion.

He doesn't actually get away with it though, he is seen at the Hotel car park, is chased and killed.

What really gripes me is that he goes after Waynegro, his "code" just wont allow for Waynegro to get away with it. That fantastic scene in the tunnel as Neil visually has an internal battle over whether to get Waynegro or escape.

I would say Heat and Bullitt are my favorite cops and robbers films. Both are excellent movies and utter classic's now. Heat being a more modern classic ( last 20yrs ). Hard to decide between them. Depends on my mood. I'm a moody man.

2 great cop movie's of their era, tough to compare. Like arguing is Nicklaus or Woods the better golfer? the answer is they both owned their time.

What SWAT team? It takes a while to sort that out you know, Neil was in and out quick in what 5 minutes ish? The Police presence outside would just be first responders met with the disorder of the fire evacuation.

I'm a diehard fan, and of many of Micheal Mann's movies.

The hotel escape is fine actually, Neil is dressed as Hotel employee/security and sets off fire alarm creating disorder and a crowd of people to merge with. Basically a well planned and executed evasion.

He doesn't actually get away with it though, he is seen at the Hotel car park, is chased and killed.

What really gripes me is that he goes after Waynegro, his "code" just wont allow for Waynegro to get away with it. That fantastic scene in the tunnel as Neil visually has an internal battle over whether to get Waynegro or escape.
Yeah it shows u how dedicated he is putting any person out of his way when it comes to the hits he make or people he hires, bammm, drop of the hat these guys are rock n rollxd