Film Trash Review (Review A Day, Video Review A Week)

→ in
Tools    

So based on your first statement in your Green Lantern review, are you saying anyone that gives a trash rating of something is in the mainstream media? What if something is just generally bad?

Super 8 #5 "All-Time"?
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
So based on your first statement in your Green Lantern review, are you saying anyone that gives a trash rating of something is in the mainstream media? What if something is just generally bad?
No I pick a mainstream media representative that is giving a "Trash Review" (A review that is pointless, stupid, silly or just plain wrong)

As for when a movie is generally bad and all of the reviews for the film are bad I try to pick out the one that has false information. In the case of the Green Lantern review, it failed. haha

Super 8 #5 "All-Time"?
My top 30 is always changing and basically it's how I feel at the end of every given week. As of right now it is in my top five because it's the best and most refreshing film I have seen this year so far. Except for Win Win which is I think number 3 or 4 on my list.

My top 30 is always changing and basically it's how I feel at the end of every given week. As of right now it is in my top five because it's the best and most refreshing film I have seen this year so far. Except for Win Win which is I think number 3 or 4 on my list.
Not saying your wrong, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but when I think of "All-Time" I think movies from 1880-Present Day, not just films within the last decade. It seems kind of sort sighted to say The Social Network is the "All-Time" greatest film when many "All-Time" films have come before it. That's just my thought.

Not saying your wrong, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but when I think of "All-Time" I think movies from 1880-Present Day, not just films within the last decade. It seems kind of sort sighted to say The Social Network is the "All-Time" greatest film when many "All-Time" films have come before it. That's just my thought.
I find "The Social Network" to be a complete remastering of Citizen Kane. The soundtrack and the visual undertone of the film in my eyes are completely perfect. But again most of us wouldn't agree that Citizen Kane should be number one on AFI. Were all going to have our own best film I think mine is just discredited as too new.

As for your number one 2001? Really?!?

I love 8 1/2 and Rear Window but I guess my top is very...in progress haha

As for your number one 2001? Really?!?
He's not alone.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Switch - 7/10

As horrible as the name is the film is incredibly entertaining. I am shocked to find out that this film was getting horrible reviews. I get it the story line is predictable as they come but it is a completely different take on romantic comedies of past. Overall this film is a must grab at the redbox but fell short at the box office as it should have.

Tomorrow Night's Film:
Rubber (2010)

You turned off the film because of the food trays in it?
No haha. I am just saying that after seeing the ridiculous squared foods I knew it was just another cliche futuristic film. New and different for the 70's but were not in the 70's anymore.

I was saying after seeing that I knew it wasn't making my top 100.

Finally caught up with your trashy reviews

Using that phrase to describe 2001 is one of the dumbest statements I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying a lot.
I don't know why your saying it's dumb at all. 2001 did things that no other film ever before it had done, so every film after it copied the exact same principle thus making everything in 2001 cliche. I am not saying that 2001 wasn't a great film for it's time but it's time is up and it's time to move on. It's the reason we still watch movies to find something new, interesting and hopefully better then the last one.

There is a reason that the oscars are held annually and only allow films from the past year to compete. The films of old have pasted and it's time for new ones. Even with All-Time lists, to keep the same film on top year after year is not only boring but narcissistic.

Again I am not saying 2001 isn't a great movie. I am just saying it has been done over and over again to the point where I am just tired of the same trend and fantasy.

I don't know why your saying it's dumb at all. 2001 did things that no other film ever before it had done, so every film after it copied the exact same principle thus making everything in 2001 cliche. I am not saying that 2001 wasn't a great film for it's time but it's time is up and it's time to move on. It's the reason we still watch movies to find something new, interesting and hopefully better then the last one.
If 2001 started the trend, that doesn't make everything in the film a cliche. It makes everything that copied it afterwards a cliche.

To start it off here is my top five films of all-time. (My top five is constantly changing so even though most are newer titles trust me I love some old films too.

1. The Social Network
2. Let The Right One In
3. Win Win
4. Spirited Away
5. Super 8
Nope, don't get how you can call this your "All Time" list. Are movies automatically better if they're newer? Not trying to be combative here but surely a better fitting name would be "Top 5 Movies that came out this year"? Either that or 2011 has been a damn amazing year for you in terms of film.

Nope, don't get how you can call this your "All Time" list. Are movies automatically better if they're newer? Not trying to be combative here but surely a better fitting name would be "Top 5 Movies that came out this year"? Either that or 2011 has been a damn amazing year for you in terms of film.
Social Network 2010
Let The Right One In 2008
Spirited Away 2001

I don't think I could say they all came out this year...Two of them did though.

I will admit movies get better with time. Practice makes perfect. Though with film for some reason if you don't have movies that are made in the 70's or earlier then your not credible. What the DUH!!!

If you look I have plenty of films that are older including "12 Angry Men" Just because my top 5 is newer doesn't mean I hate everything that is old or that I don't understand it's true value in the history of cinema.

‎Cars 2 - 1/10

I don't think I have ever or will ever again give a 1 out of 10 but Cars 2 deserved it. I mean Troll 2 and The Room were at least funny when they were bad. This film made me want to vomit. Larry The Cable Guys dumbed down stupid jokes are only funny for a little while then they just become borderline retarded. Don't ever waste your money on such a horrible film.

Went to the drive in tonight sadly.

Tomorrow's Review: Rubber

Rubber - 8/10

An amazing sense of style and wit rubber does what nothing before it has ever done, tries to make the worst film of all-time. Along the way the film about a killer tire redefines non sense by creating one of the smartest comedies ever. The sweat and sexy DSLR camera action also helps propel this indie to the next level. WARNING: The film is not for those that can't bare it's premise.

Next Film: Never Let Me Go (2010)