Film Trash Review (Review A Day, Video Review A Week)

→ in
Tools    

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
X-Men First Class - 9/10
This Film Became #17 On My All-Time List
http://www.imdb.com/list/Q9VNpfdHQYM/

The X-Men franchise should have started with this film and saved themselves the embarrassment of making X-Men Origins: Wolverine. This film had everything from an amazing cast and beautiful set to a rare form of comedy mixed with action that is lacks in more of these films. The film was a little long but still it is the best dose of superhero your going to get this summer!!!

‎Hanna - 4/10

The only thing this movie did was waste a hour and a half of my life. The filmmakers try to play with the governmental twists and turns of a modern day thriller but fail greatly. For the first hour and twenty minutes the film explained nothing and by the time the big payoff came, I just didn't care anymore.

‎Jackass 3.5 - 7/10

Far better then the crappy jokes and gay references of the Jackass 3. Jackass 3.5 brings you back to the roots of what made Jackass funny in the first place. Stupid people doing stupid stuff.

‎Paul - 5/10

Pegg and Frost lost the physical comedy that made there films so enjoyable and replaced it with foul language laughs that are better left to Will Farrell and Company. Those that love a cheesy comedy will still enjoy this overall piece of pure silliness.

‎Take Me Home Tonight - 6/10

Another forgettable 80's satire film with few laughs and the simple of simple plots. However for me this film was still enjoyable and not once did I say please let this end.

‎Source Code - 9/10
This Film Became #27 On My All-Time List

I have been waiting a long time for a mind bending thriller and I finally found it in Source Code. Not only is it a great physiological thriller it is also one of the better ones ever made. With quotable lines, likable characters and an amazing plot that you can really get hooked into, Source Code is the greatest first quarter release I have ever seen.

‎Super 8 - 10/10
This Film Became #5 On My All-Time List

With dazzling special effects and set design this is more then just a monster flick. It is the greatest monster flick ever! A picture perfect period piece and not too much alien this film will satisfy any audience member who watches it. It's and better, more advanced, twenty-first century telling of E.T. (With a little more fright and a little less family fun)

‎Too Big To Fail - 6/10

With overall story line and dialog written straight out of a wall street textbook, this film is confusing to the average american viewer. However, people that understand the collapse of 2008 will enjoy it but then again they already witnessed this incident first hand.

‎Little Fockers - 2/10

Little Fockers gets only one award and that is the award for most predictable film of all time. The lack of laughs and story doesn't help the film either. Overall it is completely pointless to take the hour and a half to watch this film ever and it is sad that the people behind the film couldn't take more time to develop ideas.

The Tillman Story - 6/10

The Tillman Story is great but after about an hour it just gets repetitive. I get it we all look for answers from our government and sometimes they cover things up. After finding out the coverup, the film just turns into a simpathic bit to morn Pat Tillman's life.

‎Fab Five (Part of ESPN's 30 for 30) - 7/10

The film was great and really did an amazing job of showing the story of the Fab Five. However I felt that the film took to long to develop on the ideas laid out in the first five minutes of the film and because of this some of the day to day life was over shadowed with "What's Going To Happen."

‎Life in a Day - 6/10

Life in a day tries to capture human condition, compassion and culture all in less the two hours. The idea is there however it doesn't fully pay off. Commentary and the ability to stay connected too the few interesting stories reviled in the film would have made this film a much more enjoyable documentary.

‎Saw VII - 2/10

I want to love this film and Saw has this manipulative way. You to forget about everything and watch the next film. However this time, what was done cannot be forgotten. Horrible acting performances, borderline pointless story line and deaths that happen so quick and often that you can't even possible connect with any individual character. Worst movie that I have seen this year!!!

‎Green Lantern - 6/10

Even though the film tries it's hardest to be serious, it's not. The amount of CGI a low fueling plot lines make this film a dumbed down pointless mesh of superhero nerdiness. The acting is great but the story or lack of make this film unbearable for some.

An Invisible Sign - 7/10

I really don't understand why critics are trashing the film so bad. I have to say the first twenty minutes or so are very, very strange but as soon as the story picks up it is very interesting. Invisible Sign has great moments and when the story isn't so great Jessica Alba helps carry the viewer. Overall a very strange quirky dark comedy and was interesting enough to satisfy.

Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer - 7/10

Highly democratic in nature, the film still gives a great timeline and portrait of what happened to Governor Spitzer. Many excuses are bright to the table but with Eliot on record in the documentary he owns up to all that was done in dramatic fashion.

RED - 7/10

RED takes action films to a new level never discovered before. Pure badassness that will have any Michael Bay fan screaming in his seat is impressive but to do it without having an explosion around every corner as well as developing a story line that will let everyone else enjoy the film, is just 100% impressive.

Going The Distance - 7/10

I am a complete sucker for these cheesy romantic comedies. Did I say cheesy that must of slipped the tong because I am shockingly surprised that this one is not. Overall great supporting cast performances from Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day allow the story to go the distance of a feature length film without boring the audience at all.

Good Neighbors - 6/10

The Film is full of cheep thrills but every single one of the twists happen predictably and a bit to late. I didn't even know that this film was set in 1995 until I read the description. Sick and twisted horror good enough; there are to many questions unanswered to deem this film successful in any way shape or form.

‎Bad Teacher - 8/10

This film shows that there is a new breed of Rated R comedies that has started up this summer. The film isn't on par with Bridesmaids but it comes pretty close in some aspects. Cameron Diaz has her best performance sense "Something about Marry" however be warned Justin Timberlake plays a minimal part in the film and has hardly any conversation with Diaz.