Film Trash Review (Review A Day, Video Review A Week)

→ in
Tools    

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
This is Film Trash Review where I (Alex Wagner) will review a new film every single day. As well as have a video review of a wide release film for that week. The name Film Trash Review comes a part of my video reviews where I take a top reviewer from the mainstream media and tell you why they are giving you a "Trash Review."

Please feel free to comment on any of my reviews or let me know what you think of the film.

Enough about the reviews and the show. To start it off here is my top five films of all-time. (My top five is constantly changing so even though most are newer titles trust me I love some old films too.

1. The Social Network
2. Let The Right One In
3. Win Win
4. Spirited Away
5. Super 8

‎Daydream Nation - 7/10

I felt like I really was in a daydream watching Daydream Nation possibly it was the set design and amazing sound that made the film 100 percent artful or possibly it was the fact that for over fifty minutes of the hour and a half long film I just sat there half asleep waiting for something to happen. It's artful but it is boring!

‎Thor - 8/10

Thor blends mythology and superhero together so well that at times you forget which one is which. This is a must see for any person planning on watching The Avengers. However if your not a true fan of comic book films its better that you pass on this one.

Hall Pass - 5/10

Hall Pass has some great laughs. However, it falls short in it's misguided artful meaning. Nudity is minimal and because of this it can't even be placed with other sexual comedies. It's just boring!!!

Fast Five (Fast & Furious Five) - 8/10

Fast Five is definitely the best made of the fast films so far. I have always been a fan but I can completely understand now why the critics are giving it good reviews. Sadly I am one that will be begging for Fast Six now!

‎Bridesmaids - 9/10
This Film Became #24 On My All-Time List
http://www.imdb.com/list/Q9VNpfdHQYM/

Don't let the name Bridesmaids fool you. I am calling it now this is hands down the best comedy of 2011. Kristen Wiig and Rose Byrne shine in the female. Anchorman except with a better story line!!! So new and refreshing!

‎That's What I Am - 6/10

I will give it credit. That's What I Am is a huge step up in the right direction for distribution company WWE Films however the mixed story line and unclear ending leaves a slightly bitter taste in my mouth.

‎The Conspirator - 7/10

It tells the story Mary Surratt very well with dazzling imagery and great dialog. To bad that the story itself at times isn't all the interesting. The film is the best that it could possibly be.

‎Diary of a wimpy kid Rodrick Rules - 7/10

Far better then the original. The cheesy family friendly comedy in this sequel is refreshing and borderline shocking. A huge step up in family film!

‎The Hangover: Part II - 7/10

Part 2 is The Hangover. Simply this is a reboot more then a sequel. Still fans of the first film will appreciate some new jokes in this second addition. It is not better or worse then the first film but it is the same film so just like the hipster next door I have to say the original was so much better!

‎Kung Fu Panda 2 - 6/10

The film has some small funny moments but it's physical comedy and dulled down storyline are better left for the kids to watch on DVD night rather then good money waisted at a theater.

‎Rango - 7/10

Who said animation has to just be for kids. The film tries to run with this idea but falls short with a overall childish plot. I have to give credit where credit is due, though the plot was lacking the film stayed true to western film culture leaving a child friendly 21st Century wester that can be cherished and because of that it gets a bump from 5 to 7.

You might wanna pace yourself there, guy.
I'm just trying to catch up with the reviews I already did I only have like 15 more. Am I aloud to post them all at once like this or do I have to wait and how long?

Unknown - 6/10

The mystery and suspense is there but it takes a backseat to random action. Clues are given randomly and huge gaps in story line are treated with explosions and gun fights to continue the viewers interest. Overall this film is just trying to hard to be TAKEN and the plot just isn't as good.

X-Men - 8/10
This Film Became #97 On My All-Time List
http://www.imdb.com/list/Q9VNpfdHQYM/

It has been a while since I have seen any of the X-Men Movies and I have to admit that I am a sucker for them. Overall the original was amazing and the only problem with the film is the limited amount of likable characters. The only one person that I cared for was Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood who always ends up hanging out with these strange crowds.

You're allowed, I just don't know how much feedback you'll get on each specific one if you post them all at once. And if they're just a few sentences, for that matter. But if you just want to house them here knock yourself out.

You're allowed, I just don't know how much feedback you'll get on each specific one if you post them all at once. And if they're just a few sentences, for that matter. But if you just want to house them here knock yourself out.
Yeah most of them are simple and old just wanting to store them. Hope for feedback on the new ones once I get up to date. Thanks for the advice though.

‎Just Go With It - 6/10

See past the horrible physical comedy and predictable story line and you will find a few laughs hidden within. It's nothing more then the simple romantic comedy but there are reasons we still enjoy them and this film doesn't miss out on those opportunities. However the plot is ignored entirely.

X-Men 2 - 7/10

This film stands as a 2 hour filler spot between films one and three. The point of the second movie as well as the plot and character development are completely bone dry. Even with all this said the film stands as one of the better super hero sequels of modern day. X-Men First Class it theaters 45 minutes ago.