Zed's Top 100

→ in
Tools    

I'd like to start this by saying that I can't realistically give you my top 100 without a free week, a few liters of coffee and a dvd collection I don't have. So this is not the 100 greatest movies Ive ever seen but the films that I could remember.

One Hundred.

Head On (1997)

Head On is an Australian film, set and filmed in Melbourne my home city, so its all pretty familiar. A very honest and sometimes scary story of a confused teenager
Ari, a young bi-sexual Greek man who is looking for happiness and acceptance and his identity. He explores his sexuality which leads to some confusing, awkward and aggressive sexual encounters. Dives into everything head first, does drugs and pushes the limits. I'm not gay but I can relate to most of this like most teenagers could. I first saw this when I was a teen, its pretty powerful. A brilliant and tragic story at the same time.

Ninety Nine.

Tape(2001)

A unique movie in that it has a cast of only three set entirely in a hotel room. The way the characters play of each other is what makes the story. Interesting and original.

Ninety Eight.

Go (1999)

Three stories, three different angles that eventually come together in the end, a rush of crazy scenes about acting first and thinking about the consequences later. A lot of fun.

Ninety Seven.

Dan's Paris(2006)

Two brothers, one has just split with his wife and is devastated, the other sleeps and fools around. The real story is about family and what it means to be with them and have them. A short film but I enjoyed it a lot.

Ninety Six.

The Libertine (2004)

Johnny Depp is known for taking interesting parts, he plays a poet, drunk and sexual deviant. A solid enough story about a poet who is bought out of excile by the king to create a play, sex, decadence and the dangers of excess follow.

Ninety Five.

Dirty Pretty Things (2002)

This is a great movie, I'm considering putting it up higher on my list. The story of two immigrants dealing with the day to day of a hard life, both have back stories that are slowly unveiled, very witty and well crafted with a surprising and creative ending. Excellent performances by Chiwetel Ejiofor and Audrey Tautou

Ninety Four.

The Thing (1982)

This is one of the horror movies I can really appriciate, an original concept and is delivered expertly.
I find The Thing genuinely scary and really enjoy the way it develops, one of the better horror/science fiction movies I've seen.

Ninety Three.

Jarhead (2005)

Cool, witty and well cast. There is not much I don't like about Jarhead, every now and then I like a masculent movie, something that doesn't require too much thinking and is just fun to watch. This delivers all of that for me

Ninety Two.

There Will Be Blood (2007)

I don't know if I liked this when I first watched it, but now I've seen it more times then I can count. Very raw and gritty in subject matter but the movie itself couldn't be more polished. Everything looks and feels right. Daniel Day-Lewis is incredible.

Some interesting films you got on here, would love to hear your insights into what makes them your favs.....
I was thinking about about posting comments, they'll be up soon.

Awesome so far, a lot of flicks I haven't seen. I was looking at Dirty Little Things on Netflix just yesterday... Audrey Tautou rocks.

Can't wait to see more.

Awesome so far, a lot of flicks I haven't seen. I was looking at Dirty Little Things on Netflix just yesterday... Audrey Tautou rocks.

Can't wait to see more.

Thanks,
If you like Audrey Tautou, you should check out Dirty Pretty Things or Hunting and Gathering but especially Priceless (Hors De Prix) if you haven't already seen them.

I'm going to add more soon, I need to make a few adjustments to this 10 aswell, I rushed into it, if I'm going to give my top 100 I may aswell doit right.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Indeed lol I rushed mine and mine is just one long list I did restart it at the end of the thread but I managed to delete the last 15 or something by pressing back so I havent gone back to actually finish it. I wouldnt mind starting again but it just is time consuming and it would be like the 3rd time I done it so I think I will pass

I started it thinking I knew what I was doing, but if I can't rewatch all of them I at
least need to get a list real together first, thats what I'm getting together now.

Excellent start Z I like Dirty Pretty Things too, but not seen it since it came out on the cinema. That reminds me to watch it again, but I do seem to remember it was a leetle far fetched. Love Sergi Lopez, great actor.

Thanks christine,

Dirty pretty things was far fetched but I didn't think enough to hurt the story. I like Sergi Lopez to especially in Pan's Labyrinth

yeah he's scary in Pan's Labyrinth. I love him in the French film Harry, He's Here to Help. If you've not seen that then hunt it down, it's quirky and a little freaky, very entertaining.

I have to agree with Christine, it is a pretty good flick. Although I know it under a different name...

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Interesting start, Zed.

I really like Dans Paris and There Will Be Blood. I have a great deal of time for The Thing as well. Looking forward to the rest fella.

Ninety One.

Priceless
- Pierre Salvadori, 2006

A comedy disguised as a romance that is surprisingly witty and clever. The story of a gold-digger (Tautou) who accidentally falls for a bar tender (Elmaleh) thinking hes wealthy.

Ninety.

Candy - Neil Armfield, 2006

A great Australian movie about the dangers of herion addiction and love. Starring two actors I always enjoy Geoffrey Rush and Heath Ledger. Gritty and raw but beautiful at the same time.